Sign in to follow this  
PlayaNovia

Non-Resort Ceremony/Reception location in RM

Hi, all! Forgive me if this question has already been posted (I'm still figureing out the site):

Does anyone know of any non-resort locations in / around Playa del Carmen (or the Riviera Maya, et al) for ceremony & reception?

I know resort weddings are popular, but we'd prefer something "off the beaten path". :) Thanks in advance for your help!

i wish i could help you with RM - but i'm not familiar. if i remember correctly from your intro. post you said you were sold on RM. but if you're not - you should check out Las Caletas (in PV) ... I didn't want a resort wedding either, and this secluded beach (only accessible by boat) was perfect for us. and i must point out, the wedding coordinators ROCK!

Thank you for the recommendation! Very kind... I have been to PV several times, and while it is a lovely place, me and the boy are set on Riviera Maya. It's tough, though - because we DID look at PV, and it seems like there are many more options there available to couples to have a non-resort wedding (Caletas, Le Kliff, private villa, etc.).

I've not been able to find that in RM. But hope springs eternal! Thank you again...you were a beautiful bride!

you're very welcome - just wish i knew other parts of Mexico better! i am sure the RM guys and gals will pipe up tomorrow.

awww - thanks for the sweet comment!

Hello, try Ana y Jose Cabanas. It is very nice. Just below Tulum so not party central. They have a Beach Club a few minutes away from the Cabanas. This is where my daughter's wedding and reception will be. I am sorry I cannot find the link to the Beach House. Maybe you could find it through a google search.

Thanks, Lizzy for the recommendation. Ana y Jose looks nice and small; certainly has the tropical vibe we're going for...but we are hoping to secure a private location for just our party. I don't share well! wink.gif (just kidding)

Appreciate all the kind suggestions - gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaNovia View Post
..but we are hoping to secure a private location for just our party. I don't share well! wink.gif (just kidding)
How many guests are you inviting??

I have a few I can recomend..., give me more info on what you want..blush2.gif