Photo

CANADIAN BRIDES BOOKED WITH AIR TRANSAT - READ THIS!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 4therestofmylife

4therestofmylife
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

If you're a Canadian bride-to-be with a wedding this fall and you're booked with Air Transat - you should be aware that Air Transat is in the midst of potential strike negotiations. I recommend you contact your TA to find out about alternatives should the strike occur. The legal strike date is Oct 1. 

Air Transat is the #1 Charter flight company in Canada serving 25 countries.

Read more about this at:

http://www.montrealg...9031/story.html

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

#2 StephAli

StephAli
    • 120 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

Really?!?!?! 

Thanks for the heads up!

Lets cross our fingers that this doesnt happen!

#3 Anikoni

Anikoni
      • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

I really this doesn't happen , my wedding is only in May 2011 but I already have 41 guests booked through Transat so that would really suck...

#4 JR14

JR14
        • 244 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

DITTO!  I`m booked for next May,2011 so hopefully everything is settled very quickly or there will be a lot of pissed off vacationers & brides!!!

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#5 Anikoni

Anikoni
          • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by JR14 

DITTO!  I`m booked for next May,2011 so hopefully everything is settled very quickly or there will be a lot of pissed off vacationers & brides!!!

When are you travelling and where are you getting married ?? And yes I would not be a happy bride if this strike goes on....at least we only have to pay in full March 2011 so if it would not be settled at least we would only have lost 100$ per person.....that would really stress me out...something I don't need for sure !!!! Happy planning for your wedding...:)

#6 JR14

JR14
            • 244 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm getting married in Panama and AT has only 1 flight every Monday from Toronto during their 'low season' ... for me our deposits cost $200ea and I'm expecting about 75+ people!  I'm having difficulities as it is with the limited seat capacity on the plane, now THIS!?!?  :(

Originally Posted by Anikoni 

When are you travelling and where are you getting married ?? And yes I would not be a happy bride if this strike goes on....at least we only have to pay in full March 2011 so if it would not be settled at least we would only have lost 100$ per person.....that would really stress me out...something I don't need for sure !!!! Happy planning for your wedding...:)

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#7 smrstars

smrstars
              • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

If they do strike there is no way that they will strike for long.  Not during the high season.  A negotiation will be reached either before they strike or shortly thereafter......just my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users