Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
futurejohnson

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites vs. Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica? Need help please!! :)

Recommended Posts

Hello to all the Jamaica brides out there!!!  smile123.gif

 

My fiance and I got engaged recently and after a ton of research, we decided on Jamaica for our DW!  We've been doing a lot of research on resorts and this forum has been SO helpful. 

 

We've narrowed it down to Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but we can't seem to make a decision between the two and we keep flip-flopping back and forth!  We wanted to take a trip down there and see for ourselves, but neither of us have any vacation days left at work.  :(

 

For any brides out there who chose one or the other, how did you decide??  They both look SO beautiful and have both gotten good reviews!!

 

Also, what are the wedding packages like?  (Price, what's included, etc?)

 

Any help you guys can provide would be SO greatly appreciated!!!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married at November 11, 2011 at Rose Hall Suites. I chose them because they have one wedding per day and I thought that was a great feature. If you give me your email I can send you their wedding package info. I don't know much about Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, but there so many great reviews on here I'm pretty sure you can find great info on both hotels. Just search the names in the forums and you can find a lot of info.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We chose the Gran Bahia, and we are getting married on May 7th, 2011.  We chose it for a couple reasons...

1 - have you seen the gazebo!?!!!!

2 - it is an all-inclusive that allows children

3 - They have 1 wedding per day

4 - The gazebo is far away from the half naked people on the beach and they won't be in your pictures then!!

5 - have you seen the gazebo!?!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrsgreene2011 - If you could send me the wedding package info, that'd be SO greatly appreciated.  My email address is michelle.evelyn.lee@gmail.com.  Thanks!!!  We're also thinking of getting married in mid-November 2011....probably just a week after you!!  How early in advance did you book everything, and have you picked a location to have the ceremony?  We met with a travel agent last weekend and she suggested that we not book anything until March/April 2011....in my opinion, that's cutting it waaay too close, I think I'd be going nuts if I waited that long haha!

 

@missy&eric2011 - Hahaha yes I've seen the beach gazebo, it's sooo pretty!!  I'm not gonna lie, it's probably one of the biggest factors drawing me to that resort!!  Are you able to send me your wedding package info so that I can compare with IRHS?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I emailed you the package info that I had from the WC at the resort.  Another thing worth mentioning, is that the Gran Bahia only has one wedding per day as well if that was something that you liked too!  :)

Originally Posted by futurejohnson View Post

@mrsgreene2011 - If you could send me the wedding package info, that'd be SO greatly appreciated.  My email address is michelle.evelyn.lee@gmail.com.  Thanks!!!  We're also thinking of getting married in mid-November 2011....probably just a week after you!!  How early in advance did you book everything, and have you picked a location to have the ceremony?  We met with a travel agent last weekend and she suggested that we not book anything until March/April 2011....in my opinion, that's cutting it waaay too close, I think I'd be going nuts if I waited that long haha!

 

@missy&eric2011 - Hahaha yes I've seen the beach gazebo, it's sooo pretty!!  I'm not gonna lie, it's probably one of the biggest factors drawing me to that resort!!  Are you able to send me your wedding package info so that I can compare with IRHS?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am emailing you the wedding package now. If you have any questions feel free to email me at rjwedding2011@gmail.com I just booked our room and blocked off 25 rooms. I personally would not wait until March/April becasue I would want to give my guest enough time to get the money together. I figured as much notice as possible would allow for more people to travel. I would be going nuts if I had to wait that long. I really didn't like my first travel agent, but I did find a wonderful travel agent through resortcompete.com. Let me know if you would like her info. So far she has been great and she in not pushy. If you get married a week after we do, maybe I will see you down there.
 

Originally Posted by futurejohnson View Post

@mrsgreene2011 - If you could send me the wedding package info, that'd be SO greatly appreciated.  My email address is michelle.evelyn.lee@gmail.com.  Thanks!!!  We're also thinking of getting married in mid-November 2011....probably just a week after you!!  How early in advance did you book everything, and have you picked a location to have the ceremony?  We met with a travel agent last weekend and she suggested that we not book anything until March/April 2011....in my opinion, that's cutting it waaay too close, I think I'd be going nuts if I waited that long haha!

 

@missy&eric2011 - Hahaha yes I've seen the beach gazebo, it's sooo pretty!!  I'm not gonna lie, it's probably one of the biggest factors drawing me to that resort!!  Are you able to send me your wedding package info so that I can compare with IRHS?

 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One major plus about IRHS is that they are the number 2 hotel in Montego Bay on Tripadvisor. Hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about that place in terms of food, service, or anything really. The other plus is that its 20 mintues from the airport. I got married in Ocho Rios and we stopped at Bahia Principe along the way. The bus ride is one of the reasons I won't return, its just way to long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was one of the reasons I chose them. The tripadvisor reviews reaaly helped me. I was thinking about Ocho Rios, but I didn't want to take that drive. 20 minutes from the airport was perfect for me.

 

Originally Posted by yumyum90 View Post

One major plus about IRHS is that they are the number 2 hotel in Montego Bay on Tripadvisor. Hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about that place in terms of food, service, or anything really. The other plus is that its 20 mintues from the airport. I got married in Ocho Rios and we stopped at Bahia Principe along the way. The bus ride is one of the reasons I won't return, its just way to long.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also tworn between a couple of different resorts in Jamaica... Would you be kind MrsGreen2011 to send me that info on the IRHS as well???  I would greatly appreciate that, it would help a ton :)  If you will you can send it to Gersbja@yahoo.com.

 

Thanks a bunch :)

 

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

I am getting married at November 11, 2011 at Rose Hall Suites. I chose them because they have one wedding per day and I thought that was a great feature. If you give me your email I can send you their wedding package info. I don't know much about Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, but there so many great reviews on here I'm pretty sure you can find great info on both hotels. Just search the names in the forums and you can find a lot of info.   



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i was torn between the 2 hotels, and if i remember rightly its because they were the more reasonably priced hotels in Jamaica. I am due to marry at GBP in October, and i think i chose that one over the other because it looked nicer and had better ratings.

 

Hope you are able to choose soon and begin your planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×