Photo

Palace wedding date confirmations

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 amh777

amh777
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi all.. how long approx did it take for you to get confirmation of your wedding date for a Palace Resorts wedding? The website says 24-48 hrs.. wondering if it was closer to the 48 hr mark... Also, will they confirm a date prior to you making actual bookings for the rooms, etc? I'm going w/ the complimentary pkg... so will I need to pay a deposit, etc?  Thanks!

#2 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

I would also like to know this info. I sent them a question through their website and it took about 3 days for a response. I figured it would be a quicker response for a confirmation.

I filled in the form yesterday and haven't made any bookings yet.

#3 amh777

amh777
      • 117 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

I just got back an email that they can't process my request.... huh??! Do you have to have the resort booked for your room prior to making the wedding date reservation? Seems crazy to have to do that.

#4 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

I got the same email! I'm going to try calling as soon as I get out of work. I'll let you know how it works out.

#5 amh777

amh777
          • 117 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

I've called her and left a voicemail for her-- Jennifer Gamboa... no call back yet :( :(  ... as I sit here watching my phone like a hawk for a return call.... Is Jennifer the one who sent you the email?  

#6 amh777

amh777
            • 117 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Mocha- I never got a call back from Jennifer, but contacted another rep there and found out the reason they couldnt book me... it was b/c they apparently share the justice of the peace in the hotel zone and there is another wedding booked prior to me @ another resort that is using him. I told her we were planning to have a symbolic ceremony anyway b/c we were planning on getting married @ home prior to avoid the hassle of getting legally married there.. so she said that was fine and confirmed the date. YAY!

#7 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

I am still waiting to hear back as well.  I sent a request thru the website and I sent an email to the email address today.  I want to make sure I can secure my date and get things rolling.  I want to start working on my STDs and Invites but I need to make sure its official.  Maybe I'll call them tomorrow to see what they say.

#8 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

amh777 - yes, it was Jennifer Gamboa. I never got the chance to call on Friday, so I will try reaching her today. I think it's because I requested Good Friday. I will try to call her today and post the response. It's horrible that they are only available M to F during work hours.

#9 amh777

amh777
                  • 117 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

I dont know if you were planning on symbolic or not, but I would think that may be the reason you got the same email as me. However, once I said ours was just symbolic,my date was immediately confirmed.

#10 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

Just got off the phone with Jennifer, it was because I requested a catholic ceremony. I changed it to civil and now WE ARE CONFIRMED!

I'm so happy and excited. And a little scared that it's all actually happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users