BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 10!

DWBride615

Wondering if anyone can give me any excersise motivation....right now my friend and I belong to a gym...no classes...just treadmills, weights, boring ass crap like that...WE HATE IT and rarely go because it sucks and is boring and did I mention it SUCKS?

We used to do a jazzercize class that we actually liked but I moved too far from there and there is a class closer..but..we still have 4 months on our stupid gym membership and I can't afford that PLUS the jazzersize.

I hate working out....but I will at least get through it if its a class and there is a beginning middle and end...I think Boot Camp might actually kill me though :)

What are some fun things that you have done???

Please Help :)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Msmarmar - you should see if there is a boot camp in your area. I just stared one this week, it's Monday through Friday for an hour and it's lots of fun. Normally I hate working out and can't stand doing machines at the gym, I get too bored! Boot camp is different stuff every day and it's keeping me motivated. Added bonus I have sore muscles that I didn't even know I had I.e. My abs :)

I will look in to one....but my biggest problem is paying for it...

I found a couple of gyms that actually offer boot camp training classes that seem a lot more affordable...might look into the guest pass there and check that out.

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

Msmarmar - you should see if there is a boot camp in your area. I just stared one this week, it's Monday through Friday for an hour and it's lots of fun. Normally I hate working out and can't stand doing machines at the gym, I get too bored! Boot camp is different stuff every day and it's keeping me motivated. Added bonus I have sore muscles that I didn't even know I had I.e. My abs :)

Marla -

I hate exercising too and I get bored easily. If I don't have my Ipod or some form of entertainment, I will either skip the workout or get so bored on walks/gym visits and go home way earlier than I planned/wanted to.

Things I've done to interest me more in exercising that I recommend:

This only works if you love to shop and if there are shops/stores not too far from your home. I would say go for a jog/walk/bike ride with the shop/store as your intended destination. When you get to the store, treat yourself with a small(doesn't have to be expensive) gift for your hard work. That could be your motivation. You get a gift of your choosing for exercising. On your way back home, your motivation could be the refreshing shower and soft comfy bed waiting for you at home.

Second would be to find something fun that includes a lot of walking. You'll be exercising a lot without even knowing it.

I actually go to theme parks just for the workout....and for the fun of course. If you're there the whole day from open to close(or even just a portion of the day) that's a lot of walking involved...and for the most part, you're having so much fun and excited to get to the new entertainment to even notice you're really working out and getting sore. I don't even realize how much exercise I've gotten until the drive home or the next day. 

I don't usually stay this long, but I remember last June when I went to the HP amusement park grand opening, E and I stayed the whole day from 5am to 10pm (didn't actually open until 11am that day tho) and I found out that I lost 3 lbs from that day alone. I was wiped out on the way back; didn't even realize how tired I was until then.

If there aren't theme parks nearby, festivals or something else fun that includes a lot walking are just as great. The fun experience completely takes your mind off the fact that you're exercising, which grows boring easier when you know you're doing it IMO.

{I wouldn't completely recommend the FULL day doing this as that could be(and WAS lol) extremely tiring, but devoting part or even most of the daytime for this is a fun way to work out without even realizing it}

That sucks that the gym doesn't offer classes. Is there an option to cancel the gym membership so you can take the other class separate from the gym? If you really do enjoy the jazzercise, I would stick with that.

I'm starting kickboxing soon; never have done it, but I've heard it's pretty fun and can help you vent out some steam. Maybe that's another choice...

E and I go for a short hike once a weekend, or we try to depending on our schedules and weather. He's way more tolerant of exercising than I am, so he pushes me a little when I start wanting to quit, which I appreciate. Maybe that could be made into a date in someway with your FI and perhaps even add a healthy picnic when you get to the end of the hike. Just an idea.

I, also, think Boot Camp is still a option. I used to think I could never really do something like that and didn't even know much about it, but after hearing about it from a few people including Teira1031, I'm gained interest. I even just found out yesterday that a close friend of mine just signed up, and I'm thinking about signing up with her. I know it's probably not the right thing for everyone, but I'd say it's worth a shot and a look into.

Best of luck and hope this helped =]

That sounds like a good idea. I hope it works out =]

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

I will look in to one....but my biggest problem is paying for it...

I found a couple of gyms that actually offer boot camp training classes that seem a lot more affordable...might look into the guest pass there and check that out.

Oh, how exciting! I love camping...and a long weekend. Lucky you =]

Don't forget to send in your weigh-ins for the week before you leave, so you can remain eligible for the win. You don't need a picture of you, just of the scale. Weigh-ins are due tomorrow, but can be submitted as late as Saturday 12:00pm EST.

Have fun!

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post

I am going camping this long weekend actually leaving tonite after work.  I did not do very well this week. At least I stayed the same.  I plan on hitting it hard core Tuesday when I am back. No more excuses!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend

Hey Sunstarsmoon,

I am supposed to be going camping this weekend also!  I am a little discouraged by the weather forecast, but hopefully the rain stays away.  Have a great time!  I'm going to try not to drink or eat too much... it's tough.

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post

I am going camping this long weekend actually leaving tonite after work.  I did not do very well this week. At least I stayed the same.  I plan on hitting it hard core Tuesday when I am back. No more excuses!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend

Yeah, 3 day weekends are challenging when wanting to lose weight! A few of my friends and I are going up to Tahoe for the weekend. Hopefully we'll offset all the drinking and eating with hikes and water sports. I'm excited though. Bringing our doggy and it will be his first time at a lake. I think he'll LOVE swimming.

Sometimes it's so hard to get to the gym. I have amazing classes at mine thankfully but I'm writing up my dissertation and sometimes I feel bad not writing and working out instead. Especially since I need to meet with my advisor tomorrow and he wants to see several things (a huge chunk of dicussion text, updated statisitics, and a breakdown of a critical paper to my research). Hopefully I can get away from the computer for more than an hour and get some Zumba or Butts and Gutts in. Either way, I'm sure I'll be up till 2 in the morning working on this before we meet tomorrow. This always happens. It's sad. I either feel guilty for not working out or for not 'working'. That can't be good haha