BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 10!

DWBride615

Totally going today to buy some...excited to see what it does :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oryx View Post

My pictures are in -- thanks again for hosting, Chelsea!!!  Oh, and I also bought some of that organic apple cider vinegar today -- haven't opened it yet, but will do so tomorrow...

Good luck everyone!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entries are in! You should be getting a welcome reply back soon(or you might have already).

I'll be posting the list of competing and non-competing contestants later today.

Tomorrow, I will post another update of 'tip of week', 'challenge of the week', 'myth of the week: true or false', and 'recipe of the week'. These weekly updates will be posted every Sunday.

I'm excited to get the season started! =]

Good luck, everyone!

P.S. If you still want to enter in the non-competing category, send in your entry anytime.

Hello ladies,

Thank you all for sending your initial weigh-ins and pictures. Iâ€m excited to get season 10 started and we definitely have a great group this season =]

Hereâ€s the list:

Competing category:

CanadianSandy (Sandy)
Jkgirl83 (Katie)                                       
Msmarmar123 (Marla)   
Mrs.*J*2011 (Lea)               
Oryx (Renée)                        
Sheri                                     
Stachr (Stacey)   
Sunstarmoon (Chris)               
Teira1031
Tifany               

Non-Competing category:

Cindy*
Heartbeat (Michelle)
OceanWonderland (Leslie)

If I happened to miss anyone, please do let me know.

It's important to remember that every and any amount of progress is a great thing and something to celebrate.

The deadline for the competing category has passed, but itâ€s not too late to enter in the non-competing category. Feel free to send in your initial weigh-ins anytime during the 12-week season.

Best of luck to everyone on the journey to a healthier you =]

Chelsea

WEEK OF AUGUST 29 – SEPTEMBER 4, 2010

Tip Of The Week

Did you know...Eating frequently can help you lose weight? Restrictive diets can result in hunger pains and binge eating. Eating small meals throughout the day helps boost your metabolism and keeps you from feeling hungry. Eating every 2-3 hours tells your body that you are giving it energy and it does not need to store calories as fat. Skipping meals, however, will hinder weight loss because your body will store the fat. Eating frequently will make you feel full and keep hunger at bay.

Challenge of the Week

(I think Annâ€s suggestions are great, so Iâ€m posting but ALL credit goes to Ann :)

35 Push-ups

Myth of the Week(Is it True or False?)

“Low-fat or fat-free means no calories."

Fact: A low-fat or fat-free food isoften lower in calories than the same size portion of the full-fat product. But many processed low-fat or fat-free foods have just as many calories as the full-fat version of the same food—or even morecalories. They may contain added sugar, flour, or starch thickeners to improve flavor and texture after fat is removed. These ingredients add calories.

Healthy Recipe of the week

Berry Pudding Cake

berry pudding cake.jpg

Ingredients

Nonstick cooking spray

2  eggs

1/4 cup  sugar

1 teaspoon  vanilla

Dash  salt

1 cup  fat-free milk

1/2 cup  all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon  baking powder

3 cups  assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, and/or sliced strawberries)

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly coat six 6-ounce individual quiche dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt; whisk until light and frothy. Whisk in milk until combined. Add flour and baking powder; whisk until smooth.

2.Divide berries among prepared quiche dishes. Pour batter over berries. (Batter will not cover berries completely.) Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sift powdered sugar over each serving. Makes 6 servings.

Mmm, that berry pudding cake looks delish.  As for exercise, I'm trying to go to hot yoga at least twice per week, and also get to the gym twice per week.  Today is a gym day... will be going shortly :)

How's everyone else doing?

I used to do this only after work, but recently I've started getting up earlier before work (which is unbelievable as I never get up early lol) and going for at least an hour walk with my dogs.

I have been slacking with my gym attendance lately, but do intend on going more often now. I'll be signing up for yoga and pilates classes there. I, also, plan on taking kickboxing a couple times a week. Never tried it, but looks like a fun way to be active.

Every Saturday, E and I go to a nearby park for a short hike if the weather permits.

I've seen some ladies in the forum say that they went to a boot camp for workouts. I've heard of this, but don't know much. I've known about the one for lessons in discipline, but not the workout one...or is it the same thing only each having a different reason to go?

Has anyone tried this? If so, would you mind sharing the experience and the results?

Also, I just noticed I forgot to add something to the Berry Pudding Cake recipe. I can't edit the post, so I'll add it here. Any sugar-based ingredients can be replaced by alternative sweetners (splenda, equal, etc.) for an even healthier version.

I'm doing low carb...and thinking when I make it (it sound SO yummy!) that instead of the flour..I'll use some sort of crushed nuts (and as I am 5 years old..i am totally giggling as i typed that!) into a flour consistency...it won't be as batter-like...but I'm sure it will still be good.

And I'm so annoyed at myself...I've been to 3 different grocery stores today...and forgot Apple Cider Vinegar at all 3.....can't decide if I want to go and run and get...or just do it tomorrow....

I would of never thought of using that as a replacement for the flour. That's such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing =]

I think the most I really ever miss while dieting is desserts. So, I'll definitely make sure to post some more healthy dessert recipes during the season and of course with some chocolate ones for those chocolate lovers out there. I'm thinking of changing the 'recipe of the week' to 'recipe of the day' because I have lots of recipes to share and Stacey(stachr) sent me a very yummy recipe earlier today.

As for the ACV shopping, Don't forget to get the organic and raw/unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with the 'mother' still in it, not the regular cooking one. Bragg is the brand I use, but I know there's other good ones too (forgot the names). They sell them in the organic section at most grocery stores.

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

I'm doing low carb...and thinking when I make it (it sound SO yummy!) that instead of the flour..I'll use some sort of crushed nuts (and as I am 5 years old..i am totally giggling as i typed that!) into a flour consistency...it won't be as batter-like...but I'm sure it will still be good.

And I'm so annoyed at myself...I've been to 3 different grocery stores today...and forgot Apple Cider Vinegar at all 3.....can't decide if I want to go and run and get...or just do it tomorrow....

Hey Chels! I didn't know you were hosting season 10...way to go! I'm not officially joining since my BDW time is so sporadic lately (as well as the deadline has passed) but you may catch me lurking and maybe popping in for some inspiration every now and then, lol! I really need to get my butt into gear beore the wedding, but just not...quite...there. But I see y'all talking about ACV, so I'm going to google it now to see what all the fuss is about!