Photo

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 10!

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#191 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

On a side note, ladies, please remember to have your feet showing on your scale pics. This is out of fairness for all the ladies and applies to all contestants. Also, as a reminder for contest fairness, anyone who misses two weeks of weigh-ins without notifying me will have to be switched to the non-competing category. I completely understand things come up and with a busy life, we're bound to forget things, but to stay eligible for the ‘win’, please let me know when you’ll miss a weigh-in beforehand. Non-competing category players will still be just as involved as anyone else. Thanks and good luck! =]

Quick Question.....When I hold the camera..it adds weight (I know that it is only a few ounces...but I'm one of those crazies where every ounce counts...)

Is it possible to send 2 pics...one with feet and one without feet?  I don't care about the winning...I care about the lowest number (I know I'm super nuts..no one else has to tell me that )

#192 DWBride615

DWBride615
    • 852 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

That would be completely fine =] I believe and trust everyone on the weight they tell; it's just for proof and to make sure it's fair for all the ladies. I heard from previous hosts and moderators that told me there were some big disagreements and fights in previous season's on here with claims over possible cheating and such. Although I highly doubt anyone in this group would start a fight of any sort, I just wanted to add that precaution to prevent it.

And sending in the two scale pics, one with feet and one without, would be totally fine =] Best of luck!

Originally Posted by msmarmar123 

Quick Question.....When I hold the camera..it adds weight (I know that it is only a few ounces...but I'm one of those crazies where every ounce counts...)

Is it possible to send 2 pics...one with feet and one without feet?  I don't care about the winning...I care about the lowest number (I know I'm super nuts..no one else has to tell me that )

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#193 DWBride615

DWBride615
      • 852 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 26 – OCTOBER 2, 2010

Tip of the Week

Did you know?... A weight-loss product that claims to be “natural” or “herbal” is not necessarily safe. These products are not usually scientifically tested to prove that they are safe or that they work. For example, herbal products containing ephedra (now banned by the U.S. Government) have caused serious health problems and even death. Newer products that claim to be ephedra-free are not necessarily danger-free, because they may contain ingredients similar to ephedra. Talk with your health care provider before using any weight-loss product. Some natural or herbal weight-loss products can be harmful.

Challenge of the Week

(I think Ann’s suggestions are great, so I’m posting but ALL credit goes to Ann :)

Go on a bike ride for at least an hour

Myth of the Week(Is it True or False?)

“Nuts are fattening and you should not eat them if you want to lose weight.”

Fact: In small amounts, nuts can be part of a healthy weight-loss program. Nuts are high in calories and fat. However, most nuts contain healthy fats that do not clog arteries. Nuts are also good sources of protein, dietary fiber, and minerals including magnesium and copper.

Tip: Enjoy small portions of nuts. One-half ounce of mixed nuts has about 84 calories.

Healthy Recipe of the Week

3-Cheese White Pizza

3-cheese-white-pizza.jpg

Ingredients

3/4 cup  ricotta cheese

3 tablespoons  grated Parmesan cheese

1 bunch  broccoli rabe (about 1 pound) …Spinach leaves can be used instead

1 tablespoon  olive oil

3 cloves  garlic, finely chopped

3/4 teaspoon  salt

1/2  teaspoon  dried crushed rosemary

1/4 teaspoon  red pepper flakes

8 ounces  fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices

11 0-ounce  prepared thin pizza crust, such as Boboli

Directions

1. Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Mix ricotta and Parmesan together; set aside. Rinse broccoli rabe, remove outer leaves and thick stems; cut into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.

3. In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe, salt, rosemary and red pepper flakes to pan and cook, stirring, for 9 minutes or until tender; set aside.

4. Place mozzarella slices evenly on pizza crust. Spread broccoli rabe on top, then drop rounded tablespoons of ricotta mixture on top of broccoli.

5. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into eight wedges and serve immediately.

Yield : 8 Servings

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#194 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
        • 452 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

I have spent all day going through this forum - while working of course - and you ladies are all a real inspiration for me.  I have currently lost 15lbs but have now hit a plateau.  Needless to say this is very upsetting and I havent been back at it since.  I need to try something new - maybe weight watchers - maybe jillians 30 day shred - maybe both.  But work and life just gets in the way LOL

Thanks ladies for making my tuesday :) I wish you nothing my weight loss!!

#195 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
          • 355 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

Ugh, what a terrible weekend! We were in Montreal visiting my family, and it was FI's first time there so we had to try all the famous Montreal foods. Of course that means smoked meat, poutine, bagels, my gramma's famous gnocchi lol...and the list goes on.

Back to reality and eating better this week!!

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#196 DWBride615

DWBride615
            • 852 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

It's friday again!!!  Time to send in your weigh-ins! Just a friendly reminder that entries are due by 12:00pm EST on Saturday. If you can't make it on time or have any questions, just let me know =]

I hope everyone had a better week than I did; the camping trip led me a bit off track. Not that many healthy food options that can be prepared on the road, so FI and I pretty much ate what we wanted and then that continued during the week. I will definitely work on getting back on track this weekend. Maybe I should post a tasty and healthy snack that can be prepared on the go in one of the weekly updates.

Best of luck, ladies!

#197 DWBride615

DWBride615
              • 852 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

Week 5 Weigh-Ins

Thank you all for sending in week five submissions! If you notice the empty spaces, it was just a busy week for some of the ladies and they will be back with us next week. =] The weigh-ins are in and this week’s weight loss percentages have been calculated. In alphabetical order…

Competing category:

CanadianSandy                     + 1.41%
                Jkgirl83 (Katie)                       - 1.26%                
                Mrs.*J*2011 (Lea)                  + 0.13 %
                Msmarmar123 (Marla)        
                Oryx (Ren©e)                         + 0.24%
                SheriB                                                                      
                Stachr (Stacey)                     + 0.72%
                Teira1031                              + 0.52%
                Tifany                                       

Non-competing category:

Cindy*                                         
                Heartbeat (Michelle)               
                OceanWonderland (Leslie)    
                Sunstarmoon (Chris)                

Week five’s MVP for the second time in a row is....... Jkgirl83 (Katie) for losing -1.26% in the competing category!!!

Congratulations to everyone on your hard work. Remember, we are all here to support each other on our journey to a healthier lifestyle.

It’s time for week six! We’re already halfway through the season!

#198 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

Congrats Katie!!  Wow, I can't believe we are halfway... great job ladies.

#199 Teira1031

Teira1031
                  • 766 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Katie what's your secret to success?!

#200 jkgirl83

jkgirl83
                    • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

Thanks ladies!  I have been following the weight watchers points system, I don't go to the meetings, just got the information and follow it at home.  I have also been trying to get exercise in every day, and drink a lot of water...I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that I have a fair bit of weight to lose, so I think the first bit of weight will come off easier than the last!  Not so sure how next weeks weigh in will go, this weekend has been filled with birthdays and a batchelorette for my best friend...have to get back on track starting tomorrow!  Can't believe its been 6 weeks already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users