Photo

Transporting OOT bags to Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 jaccat15

jaccat15
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

Check with your resort and see if you can ship your stuff ahead of time. We are shipping everything a month before just in case customs wants to check it out.

My WC said as long as you don't ship shells, starfish or food, you are good to go.

#12 Mkandola

Mkandola
    • 200 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jaccat15 

Check with your resort and see if you can ship your stuff ahead of time. We are shipping everything a month before just in case customs wants to check it out.

My WC said as long as you don't ship shells, starfish or food, you are good to go.

I have thought about doing that, but I am concerned that if I ship them there, I won't see them ever again! I have heard horror stories of stuff going "missing" once it reaches the resort. Maybe this is my own paranoia? 

#13 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

We flew from Toronto on WestJet to Cabo.  Luckily WestJet allows 2 bags per person, 50lbs each.  We managed to fit all the OOT stuff into 2 suitcases though.  We had a lot of it including mugs, beach bags and towels for 26 people, plus other items too (but those were the big things).  I put a big note in the suitcases saying NOT FOR RESALE.  The only thing they questioned was the mugs.  They didn't know what they even were and when I told him insulated mugs, he had me write it down.  I was like "you know, to keep your drink cold?!?!"  Then I just explained we were giving them to our guests at the wedding and they were fine with that.

#14 Mslite

Mslite
        • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

I am so glad you posted this question..I was wondering what I was going to do also.

#15 rkingtx

rkingtx
          • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Great idea. Thanks for the tip.

#16 Mkandola

Mkandola
            • 200 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

Thank you for posting this! 

I just realized that a few of my girlfriends will be flying with West Jet and I they will definitely be willing to bring down an extra suit case for me (each if/when necessary). I feel a LOT more at ease knowing that I don't have to worry about adhering to Sunwing's baggage allowance! 

The "NOT FOR RESALE" sign is going to be key in all of these bags for sure! Hopefully we don't have any problems getting things through customs! 

Originally Posted by ~Angela~ 

We flew from Toronto on WestJet to Cabo.  Luckily WestJet allows 2 bags per person, 50lbs each.  We managed to fit all the OOT stuff into 2 suitcases though.  We had a lot of it including mugs, beach bags and towels for 26 people, plus other items too (but those were the big things).  I put a big note in the suitcases saying NOT FOR RESALE.  The only thing they questioned was the mugs.  They didn't know what they even were and when I told him insulated mugs, he had me write it down.  I was like "you know, to keep your drink cold?!?!"  Then I just explained we were giving them to our guests at the wedding and they were fine with that.

#17 Raazzy5711

Raazzy5711
              • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

Mkandola you have me over here crying laughing at the we like pills comment!!  For those who have already traveled with your pills did you have them in the individual bags or everything separate??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users