I am very willing to put work into my wedding if it means saving money. Everything seems so overpriced. I have started brainstorming ways to save. I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas aboutgreat money saving tips! This is what I have so far...
1. island friendly wedding attire will be less formal and flashy (less material also)
2. If guest list remains under 60 make homemade wedding invitations and/or save the dates
3. keep wedding ceremony decor at a minimum and use beautiful location
4. Use local floral arrangements for reception
5. use an IPOD for ceremony and reception and a steel band for in between briefly (who is in charge of IPOD?)
6. Swap rehearsal dinner with a brunch or cocktail hour
7. small cake and cupcakes or just cupcakes rather than elaborate wedding cake
Also, if anyone has any experience (bad or good) with related plans please let me know!