Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. The date has been secured, so I'm getting married next year at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I'm risking it by not visiting (due to money reasons), so I have so many questions to ask. Can someone help?
Nicole is a bit unresponsive when it comes to email and its been such a struggle to secure the date with her even, so I'm looking for other brides that have gone through this.
1. Did you get to choose the reception menu? I didn't know if I should ask my guests to provide their preference on the RSVPs or not.
2. How do you get the Presidential Suite? We'll pay extra!! We have a travel agent booking our rooms; did you have to request this room through Nicole or did your travel agent take care of it.
3. Do you recommend sending a package beforehand? I wanted to give everyone welcome bags, but don't want to lug it on the plane with me, so I was interested in sending everything beforehand. However, I know that clearing customs can be a pain. Also, I'm not sure if Nicole will keep it there for me.
4. Is there a general order for the ceremony? I just want to know what to put on the programs. What did you put?
5. Are there shops nearby? I wanted to put some Jamaican Rum into our welcome bags, and wanted to know if I need to really search.
6. Did you use a DJ? If so, what kind of media does he take for the music? CD? DVD? IPod?
7. Comments on their spa and the hair? Do you recommend doing a hair trial at their spa or can is it safe to wing it?
8. Photographer. Comments? Does he stay for a long time?
9. How far in advance do you make all the plans (locations, decorations, live music or not, etc...)? I know you meet with Nicole when you get there, but do you tell her your preferences before arriving in Jamaica? What do you go over during the first meeting with her?
10. I'm interested in the private restaurant for the ceremony. Any comments or suggestions as to whether its worth the $800. Also, I want to make sure there's a dance floor.
11. I read that the service is not so great. Is that true? If so, what about alcohol? My guests like to dance & drink, so I want to make sure they're not annoyed with running out of alcohol or being limited by their selection.
Thanks so much! I might have more questions, but this is what I can think of as of right now. I'm SOOOO excited - thank you =)