Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lisadias

Anyone going with Blue, Green and White colors?

Recommended Posts

Very excited, we got our paper laterns in the mail on Friday! So now I just need to make the LED throwies. As well we have decided the centerpieces will be a large glass vase filled with limes (green) and then we'll have a turquoise table runner, and some white candles to add some light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask you where did you order your paper lanterns from?

 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Very excited, we got our paper laterns in the mail on Friday! So now I just need to make the LED throwies. As well we have decided the centerpieces will be a large glass vase filled with limes (green) and then we'll have a turquoise table runner, and some white candles to add some light.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

 

Can I ask you where did you order your paper lanterns from?

 

Asianideas.com  We ordered 40 assorted sizes (10"-18") and the total included FedEx shipping to Canada was just over $100 CDN. Laterns were just over $60, shipping $48! Sigh..... But Since you're in the States, shipping will be way cheaper.  But for us it averaged to $2.75/latern, way cheaper than anywhere local. And they are quite nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Murmel

 

What color did you end up getting? Since we have the same color scheme if you are interested in selling anything after let me know! Guess we can chat about it at the get together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

 

Very excited, we got our paper laterns in the mail on Friday! So now I just need to make the LED throwies. As well we have decided the centerpieces will be a large glass vase filled with limes (green) and then we'll have a turquoise table runner, and some white candles to add some light.

 

Hey Murmel,

Just wondering if you could share the instructions for making the LED throwies! I also ordered my lanterns from Asian ideas, but I'm looking for alternatives to the pricey LEDs.

Thanks,

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by lisadias View Post

 

Hey Murmel

 

What color did you end up getting? Since we have the same color scheme if you are interested in selling anything after let me know! Guess we can chat about it at the get together.

We ordered a mix of turqoise, green and white. ( I would have to check the exact numbers of each color) 40 total. As long as they are come back in good condition I am sure I could sell them to you if you're interested. But since they are paper, I don't want to offer them to you until I know how many survive. LOL

 

I really have to get onto the get together. I should post something by Thursday.

 

Originally Posted by welljen View Post

Hey Murmel,

Just wondering if you could share the instructions for making the LED throwies! I also ordered my lanterns from Asian ideas, but I'm looking for alternatives to the pricey LEDs.

Thanks,

J

There is a forum in the DIY section- called LED throwies. One of the girls also included a link to a website, I think called dealextreme??? You should double check, but we ordered the LED's and the batteries from there. (can't remember the price- FI did the order, but I know it was cheap)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested in any that survive LOL My wedding is not until April and my AHR July which is where I think I may want to use them to hide those ugly silver polls in the tent! Looking forward to the get together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×