Puerto Rico Bakers

Greetings,

My fiance and I are searching high and low for a baker in the Rio Grande area of Puerto Rico that uses buttercream icing on wedding cakes. We visited San Juan this past April to book our wedding which will take place at the Hacienda Siesta Alegre in Rio Grande. We contacted most of the bigger name cake bakers in San Juan and were told that no one uses buttercream. I understand it's hot and humid in PR but our wedding is rainforest adjacent in early February so I can't imagine it's any hotter there than any outdoor, summer wedding I've been to in the South where they used buttercream. 

We do not care about art or decoration we just want a yummy cake for about 40 people.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

B

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey PuertoRico2013.  When are you getting married?  I don't think there are many PR brides on here anymore, so it's nice to see one that has posted in the past few months!  I just got engaged a month ago and we want to get married in the San Juan area in June 2013.  I know it's a ways away from Rio Grande, but have you made any progress on vendors in your area?  Do you have a wedding planner?