Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissSimone

AHHHH Is it just me or ....?

Recommended Posts

So I was on ETSY on Friday and decided to finally buy some sample from a well respected vendor lots of ladies love here on BDW. I love and respect her work and as such I will not name any names. As it was my first time using etsy and Paypal I was a little wary of the whole process but I went ahead and bought a sample Boarding Pass STD and Passport Invitiation which were very reasonably price. After I paid for it I realized that no where on the etsy site or the vendor's website was any listing of how long shipping speed takes. As my mother is only in town for a week or so I was hoping that the samples would come before she left. I emailed the vendor that same day to ask her how long it usually takes for orders to ship out. On Sunday I realized that I still had not received a response and decided to convo her again using the Etsy website. I also asked her a question about one of the samples. Today is monday and I checked my email this morning and realized I have had no responses so i sent an email to another vendor about her STD and Passport invites. I was promptly replied to in about 15 minutes. Of course, this confused me as to why one vendor can answer so quickly and another vendor cannot respond after 3 attempts. So I sent an email at about 2pm to her saying that "this is my 3rd time emailing you without a response I recognize that you may be busy but I would like a little communication. I just want to know how long it takes to ship out my samples. I'm deciding between you and another vendor and communication is very important to me. Thanks for your understanding." WELLLLLL WHAT DO YOU KNOW? Literally 10 MINUTES later the vendor emails me back saying 

 

"I've refunded your purchase as I think it is best if you work with *******. I'm guessing you need your order before then in light of the urgency of your emails. I still would have sent out your samples tomorrow, but if you feel frustrated that you haven't heard from me over the weekend I think you may want to go with someone who may be able to be more responsive to your needs as I do not work on the weekends. I wish you the best in your planning."

 

Ok I respect that she doesn't work on weekends but I had NO idea of this. Nowhere on the website or on ETSY does it say anything about working on weekends or anything. Plus I find it very strange that she was so busy that she couldn't answer my previous 3 messages but as soon as I get little irate I get a response. I emailed her back to let her know that I apologize for the confusion and I still want my order. I have not heard from her again. I guess she's ignoring me now. I just wanted clarification on when my order would be getting shipped. In no way did i expect to order something on Friday and get it on Monday but I would have at least like to hear that she was planning to ship it on Tuesday without me having to email her and get all testy. I feel bad because she really does wonderful work but that kinda turned me off.

 

AHHHHHH! Sorry for the long rant. It was just frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks i know but she does such great work and she's apparently one of the best vendors on BDW. everyone seems to love her. hopefully when it's time to do my invites maybe she'll better with the emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vendors are busy and its not unreasonable to think they may actually take weekends off.  I would not take it personal that she was not able to respond, instead take it as though she may not be able to handle your rigid timeline.  I respect the talent of the vendors I've previewed here very much and am amazed at what I see.  Even if it took a while longer, I realize I am not capable of doing what they do and therefore must wait if I really want their products.  There are a ton of brides beating their door down daily!  I'm sure you will find someone to help out.  And perhaps you can mail your mom the samples for her viewing as well.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely agree with you eholt. I just was unaware that she didn't work weekends. I'm all for taking weekends off. I honestly didn't need any work done I was just ordering a premade sample. My wedding isn't until 2013 so i'm definitely not on any type of timeline much less a rigid one. I only ask that people be clear what there parameters are. If you don't work weekends state that. Don't assume people know. Trust me I could never do half the caliber work that she does so I truly appreciate what she does I think it was just a major miscommunication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She may not respond as you've stating that she "already refunded your purchase"  meaning she has no obligation to you as it stands.

 

i agree with Iamalldiva in that it's probably best you encountered this now instead of later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I haven't actually received the funds yet because as I stated this just happened today. They sucky thing is I really wanted the samples because I love her work that's why I contacted her after the fact because I didn't want my money back I just wanted to know when the things would actually ship out. I wasn't trying to berate her or anything, just asking a question. I feel like the whole thing got blown way out of proportion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MissSimone View Post

 

I definitely agree with you eholt. I just was unaware that she didn't work weekends. I'm all for taking weekends off. I honestly didn't need any work done I was just ordering a premade sample. My wedding isn't until 2013 so i'm definitely not on any type of timeline much less a rigid one. I only ask that people be clear what there parameters are. If you don't work weekends state that. Don't assume people know. Trust me I could never do half the caliber work that she does so I truly appreciate what she does I think it was just a major miscommunication.

 

I agree that you should state whether or not you work on weekends and not assume people know your schedule or how you run your business.  

 

I purchases monograms from a BDW vendor.  Her site never stated whether or not she worked weekends but she responded to e-mails quite promptly and even apologized to me for not getting back to me sooner on the same day as my last e-mail as she was in meetings at her job!! I found her honest courtesy refreshing and let her know I understood she had a full time job.  With that I took the assumption she probably wouldn't work on anything wedding related on the weekends but I think she did, and just didn't answer e-mails cause from a Friday to a Monday I had a draft!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by MissSimone View Post

 

well I haven't actually received the funds yet because as I stated this just happened today. They sucky thing is I really wanted the samples because I love her work that's why I contacted her after the fact because I didn't want my money back I just wanted to know when the things would actually ship out. I wasn't trying to berate her or anything, just asking a question. I feel like the whole thing got blown way out of proportion.

 

I have an idea on which vendor it is and I've read a lot of threads about the same type of complaints.  To me, that is just not a good way to run a business, even if it is a side business and not your main source of income.

 

I weighed my options and while I do like the vendor in question's work, I opted not to contact/use them as I didn't want the stress/worry/headache/waste time tracking down and finding out, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by Pazzesca View Post




I agree that you should state whether or not you work on weekends and not assume people know your schedule or how you run your business.  

 

I purchases monograms from a BDW vendor.  Her site never stated whether or not she worked weekends but she responded to e-mails quite promptly and even apologized to me for not getting back to me sooner on the same day as my last e-mail as she was in meetings at her job!! I found her honest courtesy refreshing and let her know I understood she had a full time job.  With that I took the assumption she probably wouldn't work on anything wedding related on the weekends but I think she did, and just didn't answer e-mails cause from a Friday to a Monday I had a draft!! 


wow now that's customer service!!! i think that was the most surprising thing for me. rather than speak to me about her schedule and explain that she wasn't able to get to my emails because she doesn't work weekends she just cancelled my order and told me she doesn't work weekends as if I know her personal life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×