Photo

I'm stuck!! What should I say? Add'l guests

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

Because the food is $115/per plate, I am paying for a cruise for my guests which is $45/per person, the open bar is $45/per person, the welcome bags are approximately $50 each. 

#22 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
    • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Ohh that makes sense then. I guess it all adds up! I haven't thought as far as details like all that.

It's too bad your friend doesn't see it from your perspective, but I guess if you've never done a destination wedding before, you don't know stuff like that, and just don't understand how it all works.

Iberostar Varadero
      25 March 2011
      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#23 MysTea

MysTea
      • 559 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by JanineA 

Because the food is $115/per plate, I am paying for a cruise for my guests which is $45/per person, the open bar is $45/per person, the welcome bags are approximately $50 each. 

Where where the hell is MY invite since you going all out!!! LOL...

Homegirl should be really grateful! she is bugging over a guy she just met?!.. "He wouldn't allow her to go even if she changed her mind"..Really?! .Humph! you're right it is HER LOSS! and you have other things to worry about...it sux but don't even sweat it!!

Your guests will have a blast and she will only wish she was there!

**Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#24 slyn

slyn
        • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

I have informed my singles that if they choose to bring a guest on their vacation that's great but that person is not invited to the ceremony or the eating part of the reception but they can come on down for dancing. Everyone has been very receptive so far, but we aren't getting married until next August so who knows what will pop up later!

#25 sebitasalejo

sebitasalejo
          • 221 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

WOW! She has some nerve.

[SIGPIC]

#26 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
            • 284 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:18 AM

Slyn, I like the idea of inviting them to come to the dancing portion of the reception only.  Maybe I can incorporate that into my ideas.

#27 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

You're my sister you know if anyone is invited you surely are!!! That would be fab if you could come. Ladies thanks for the suggestions of having them come down for the dancing. I like that idea too. 

Originally Posted by MysTea 

Where where the hell is MY invite since you going all out!!! LOL...

Homegirl should be really grateful! she is bugging over a guy she just met?!.. "He wouldn't allow her to go even if she changed her mind"..Really?! .Humph! you're right it is HER LOSS! and you have other things to worry about...it sux but don't even sweat it!!

Your guests will have a blast and she will only wish she was there!

#28 jszy10

jszy10
                • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I just saw your post and am in shock.  I can't believe what you are having to go through right now.  I am completely on your side, as many are!!  I am not even inviting S.O.'s that I've never met to my AHR! I am just speachless..

Are there any updates to this??

#29 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi Jess, no updates for now. I am sticking by what I told her. I can't stop anyone from bringing a companion to the resort but they are simply not invited to my wedding. I want close friends and family. So far everyone understands once I explain the cost factor. She has been the only person to throw a tiff and quite frankly I have come to the realization that if she is going to throw me, her friend for over 10 years now away just because her "boyfriend" of 2 and a half months says she shouldn't come then so be it. Her loss!

#30 jszy10

jszy10
                    • 1,192 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

You are exactly right.  I feel bad for saying, but who is she to contest anything.  I can't BELIEVE she said the part about "no one should have a wedding if they can't afford..." OMG!!!!! I'm fuming! lol I think you should stick to your guns...in reality, if she's causing these problems now, you don't want that at your wedding or on your trip in general.  I'm sorry you're going through this though.  Stay strong!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users