Bought and picked up my Dress already! Thanks David's Bridal!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Pazzesca

• 210 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

After going to numerous stores and trying on what was prolly too many dresses. I went to David's Bridal with my future mr. and one of my sisters.  I had a particular dress in mind that I DEFINITELY had to try on and brought a picture and style number with me along with my runner ups.  My numba one dress is below:

wedding dress.JPG

I was given dresses to try on but noticed that my numba one was not one of them and I was distressed. I asked the woman helping me about it and she informed me that she had in fact given me the dress.  My sister could see it in my face that I was stressed and upset and asked me what the matter was while changing out of yet another dress.  After I told her about my numba one being missing she asked the salesperson about it.  She was "confused" but when I showed her the picture again, she said , "oh yeah, we don't have that dress in here yet."  I asked why didn't she tell me in the first place and I received no answer.  The store manager came over and said the same thing to me and I replied that I wanted to know if they knew when they were getting it or if there was another store who had it.  I was met with one i don't know followed up by another one. I later learned that the sales person kept asking my future mr. about what I was looking for in a dress, etc instead of asking me! WTH?! Boo!!

I left with nothing.  I received a call from David's Bridal about a week later telling me that got my numba one in and if i wanted to try it on.  Of course I did!! i made another appointment for that saturday morning and brought just my future mr. with me.

I picked out 2 additional dresses besides my numba one (which I was so glad to see they really did have this time!!) I got a different sales lady who actually spoke to me instead of the people around me as well!!  things were looking up!! =D

I tried on my numba one first and I was instantly happier with the way the dress looked on me.  I reluctantly tried on the other two but they paled in comparison.  I bought my numba one that day!! here is a pic of me in it.

I went and picked it up yesterday already!! Thank goodness I was recently away on vacation and gained some weight and can't fit in the dress or I would have put it on and never taken it off, lol!!

That's my story of how I found my dress.  I didn't have that "moment" that most brides have where they knew they had "the one".  I just had a moment when I knew my numba one pick was the one for me!!

#2 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Congrats! The dress looks great on you and now you can scratch one more item off your to-do list!

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#3 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Love the dress and you look amazing in it! What name/style is the dress? Thanks!

#4 knitgirl13

• 276 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

Congrats! It's beautiful! It looks a lot like mine and I love the way the ruffles twirl and how light and airy it looks when you move around :)  Like you, I also had to go back to the store twice because mine was a brand new style too that they didn't have in yet the first time I shopped!

#5 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

NM found it on the site very easily!

#6 emilyk78

• 220 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

You look great!

~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#7 Shoesiesluvr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

congratulations!! that is a gorgeous dress and you look stunning in it!

He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                My Planning Thread

#8 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

great dress, you look amazing in it.  Congrats!!

#9 skadow

• Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Beautiful dress. I love how it fluffs out in layers. Congrats!

#10 lshaef

• 170 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

Lovely dress!  How exciting!  I looked at David's also and the staff was so sweet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users