Photo

MayanVibes DJ for our Dream Tulum wedding

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mimi73

mimi73
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

We have booked MayanVibes, DJ Bijan for our DT wedding in November. Anyone here ever use him? He seems great, his prices were the best that I found in the Riviera Maya area, and he was very quick in his replies. Just haven't seen anyone on the forum use him before, so just curious.....

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#2 kitchenwitch

kitchenwitch
    • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hi,

I booked him for our wedding at the GBP Akumal on October 28th.  I feel reassured that a fellow Canadian is doing the reception.  I've heard good things about him from past post.

#3 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
      • 107 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi guys! Im looking for a dj for my July wedding at Dreams Tulum..i wanted DJ dormimaxx but hes booked for my day! Could you tell him what his prices are? thanks!

#4 mimi73

mimi73
        • 282 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hi there

Here is his website

www.mayanvibes.com

I was quoted $500 for DJ services from 6pm until 10:30. We gave him a $100 deposit through paypal. He provides the set-up, music and lights. He also has a mic etc and will announce dances, cake cutting etc and it is available for you to use for speeches if you'd like. He is super quick to answer email. He asks for a list of songs that you enjoy in order to customize your playlist, and also a list of any songs you 'do not want played' :)

Here is his email address

mayanvibes@gmail.com

Good luck :)

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

I just contacted him and his prices have jumped in just a couple of weeks since you posted contacting him.  It's not a huge amount but I was still surprised.  I was quoted $675 to have him at Dreams Tulum from 6-10:30 but if I book this month it'll be $550.  We're definitely going to go ahead and book with him most likely because one of my stressors is making sure we have someone to announce us and everything and I don't want to bother one of my guests with that task. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 mimi73

mimi73
            • 282 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

I just contacted him and his prices have jumped in just a couple of weeks since you posted contacting him.  It's not a huge amount but I was still surprised.  I was quoted $675 to have him at Dreams Tulum from 6-10:30 but if I book this month it'll be $550.  We're definitely going to go ahead and book with him most likely because one of my stressors is making sure we have someone to announce us and everything and I don't want to bother one of my guests with that task. 

I think that I was pretty lucky. I just happened upon his name from a HUGE web search. I think that he is just starting to do more weddings?... Apparently he is originally from Canada, or at least spent many years here so there will be no language barrier during the reception :)

His prices are still sooooo much lower than others that I was quoted. I hate to sound like a penny pincher, but all the wedding costs add up quickly, plus the vacation costs for ourselves and our 3 kids!

#7 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mimi73 

I think that I was pretty lucky. I just happened upon his name from a HUGE web search. I think that he is just starting to do more weddings?... Apparently he is originally from Canada, or at least spent many years here so there will be no language barrier during the reception :)

His prices are still sooooo much lower than others that I was quoted. I hate to sound like a penny pincher, but all the wedding costs add up quickly, plus the vacation costs for ourselves and our 3 kids!

Oh yes I agree his pricing is soo much better than everyone else I've talked to that are $900 or more.   I'm waiting back for another quote from him to see what it would be to have him also do the ceremony as well. 

#8 mimi73

mimi73
                • 282 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Let me know what he says about the ceremony too.... if it is cheaper or the same as renting the sound system I may just do that. Good idea!

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

Alright I heard back from him and it will be an additional $100 for him for the ceremony so to have him from beginning to end is $650, if we just ended up using him for the reception we would still have to pay for the stereo system for the ceremony at $150 so we could save ourselves $50, definitely worth it to me.

#10 mimi73

mimi73
                    • 282 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

That is AWESOME. I just emailed him and asked how much he would charge to do our ceremony as well. Ours is at 2 pm though, and the reception doesn't begin until 6. What is your time frame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users