Sign in to follow this  
dallas_texas09

Anyone used white starfish?

Hello all! I want to use white (finger) starfish for my place cards. Has anyone used them? I want to see if I should get the 2-3 inch size or the 3-4 inches? Which ones do y'all recommend? I have attached a picture so you can see what I am talking about :)

Thanks!!!!!!

LL

I would recomend the smaller version. Not that I have used them or anything but it is a place-card setting so I think small is OK and also it will save some money which it always ok :)

I used the starfish as my placecards. I bought them from:

Shell Horizons - Starfish,Shark Jaws,Dried Fish,<br>Seahorses.

This was the cheapest place I found them. I just checked the site and they are out of stock right now for the ones I got. I got the 4-5" ones (they do have the smaller ones available). They are measured from leg to leg, so they are smaller than you would think. I was really happy with them.

Here's a pic of my placecards. I also had starfish tea lights on the tables, so the pic includes those. (my tables were named after places we had been together, so that's why you see the Yosemite name)...

Click the image to open in full size.

At the walmart near me, they sell them in the craft section. i believe it's about $10 for a dozen of the larger size.

anyway, i would probably use the smaller size for place settings.

I used them for my invites, I love them! I used the 2-3 inch ones and I got mine from an ebay seller, she was awesome and they were here within 2 days!!

If you are using them as placecards I would get the larger ones. When you attach a name tag to it, the tag will be bigger than the starfish or too small to read if you get a 2-3" star fish.