Kendall
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

HA HA! I do that too, Misti!

#12 mistibuard

mistibuard
    • 444 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Well Kendall, if nothing else--- we'll know what to expect once we arrive! Lol!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#13 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
      • 193 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Congrats on a date! I am actually a Jamaica bride but this site has been so helpful and resourceful so far for me I am sure you will get a lot more out of it as well.

#14 MellieG

MellieG
        • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Misitbuard :) I started my work document too late. I read all the forums and was like "i'm not going to remember all this". Did you find the flights to be expensive? GOSH...soo much anticipation! You must be soo excited for next year! 

#15 mistibuard

mistibuard
          • 444 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

It's never too late MellieG, so you're fine. The flight from Houston to Turks is about $700 right now on American, Delta and US Airways. My fiance swears that the price is going to decrease in October, so that's when we're going to purchase our flights--maybe he has some type of inside connection he hasn't told me about :)

I do know that American Airlines doesn't charge you for baggage when traveling internationally- I love that! The other airlines charge (on average) $25 for the first bag, $35 for the second and $100 for the third.

Keep your eye on the prices if you're getting married in December...December- March is the popular season for the Caribbean, and the prices are slightly higher during this time versus the summer months (June-September/October).

#16 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Wow Misti and I thought our flights were bad, $700 is per person for a round trip? We are coming from MD and ours came to about $500.00 after all the fees and taxes per person for a round trip and I thought that was ridiculous!

#17 mistibuard

mistibuard
              • 444 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Yes ma'am Brandy! $696 to be exact. Earlier this year it was $737. I'm on Kayak.com weekly to see if they're any updates on flight costs. Nothing yet!

#18 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Wow! Have you tried going directly through the airline's website, I Have always found that going through American airlines directly versus say an expedia, that their direct site was always cheaper.

#19 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Then again maybe yours is more because your getting a direct flight, are you getting a direct flight there?  Ours has a layover, there were no direct flights from MD/DC to Turks

#20 mistibuard

mistibuard
                    • 444 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

Unfortunately, it's not a direct flight. If we fly with AA, we'll have to connect in Miami. If we fly Delta, we'll have to connect in Atlanta. If we fly US Airways, we'll have to connect in Charlotte, NC. It's actually okay though. I've gotten use to seeing the $696 flight on all of the airlines websites...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users