Photo

Sandals Antigua Brides??

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#191 SarahTD

SarahTD
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

That's cool!  I saw a bunch of people out on their balconies.  I hope you were one of the people I waved to :) I know I didn't get asked what kind of ceremony we wanted.  Maybe Marcelo did while they were waiting for me.  I hope you had a great wedding and congratulations!

Originally Posted by Koresh 

Hey! We heard your band and saw you from our 5th floor med village room =) We were married on June 1st.

I just thought I would come back to this site because we got a lot of good information from here. We had Luana as our coordinator, I don't think I ever saw Sasha, but she looks very similar to Luana lol. We are thinking of writing up our experiences here as well. I must say though, they didn't walk through anything of the ceremony with us. She showed us the beach where we chose to be married and the aisle, but nothing else. She said the officiant would ask us about what type of ceremony we wanted, but on the walk out to the beach 15 mins before the wedding the husband asked her and she said she didn't need to know so he just told her lol. (religious or not, regular vows or self written vows, etc)

But we're easy going and had no problem with it - it really was simple.

We did the bird island tour and the snorkeling was average. Very clear water and lots of small colorful fish, but nothing extraordinary.

I will say though that we had an AMAZING 10 days!

#192 marleydog

marleydog
    • Site Supporter
    • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hi Vicki,

How did you get on with the wedding dress?  I'll bet it was fantastic.  I have mine in 2 weeks time....forever to wait!  I've been reading your FB posts & you're certainly working out hard.   How you getting on with the veil?

We're staying in one of the rondovals with a butler.  Your suite sounds fantastic.  You must be so excited now. I'm sure the weather will be fine, but I hear that they talk to you about an alternative just in case it does.  Part of me thinks it would be quite romantic to walk down there with big brollies & have the ceremony in the rain.   Have you left yourself enough time to get your hair & make up done?  I was really worried that they would over run so I've booked mine for 12.00 & our ceremony's at 4pm.  I dont want to have any last minute panics / rushes.   It's really unfair that the WC dont just give out a brochure with standard prices for everything.  I've learned so much from this site about options I didnt even know were available to me. I know it's hard but try not to worry about your photos.  I know this is really easy for me to say but I'm sure it'll all turn out just the way you both want it.

Your wedding shower sounds fantastic. Great idea to use the wedding registry.  I'm sure you'll have the most fantastic experiences while your there. 

The new job's starting to settle down but it's very different to what I'm used to.  I'm sure it'll all work out just fine, I'm just quite process driven & my new place....isn't.  LOL.

Originally Posted by viki6069 

Hi Everyone...gosh have been just so busy.  My son is on two baseball teams so on top of everything else we pretty much are at his games every night.  He had a fabulous game last night and got the game ball (MVP).  I'm picking up the wedding dress on Saturday!!!   Everyone say a little prayer for me that it isn't still tight LOL. I am so sore today because Bob and I did a 6:00 a.m. bootcamp workout yesterday and OMG!!! LOL but I did love it...he hated it but is willing to give it a shot again :)  I have always enjoyed working out; just stepping it up for Antigua.

Nancy:  Welcome to the site and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  Some of us are still in the planning process and getting ready and others as you can see have just gotten back and have been so helpful with the information coming back.

Sarah:  How are the newly weds doing ??? :)   I read your review on trip advisor.  Great review and you have been such a help to us.  THANK YOU!!!  I got the Butler list and thanks so much!  We are going to put our requests in and try to use them to make our stay even more enjoyable but we may get out there and like you said not really need them as much.  Your pictures all look so much fun.  I have been on trip advisor reading all the reviews and it is so wonderful that almost all of them are so good.  Really a lot of info there.  Just so exciting.

Alex:  I am with you on the whole new job thing.  I HATE starting a new job!  I hope it calms down for you.  You will really be ready for Antigua by then.  Your veil sounds beautiful.  I am looking for one with some crystals or something on it too to try to catch the sunlight.  I'm a romantic too lol. I know you can't wait to get your dress.  We are staying in the Mediterranean Honeymoon Sunset Penthouse One Bedroom Oceanview Suite LOL.  We have a butler and concierge.  I don't know why it would have both??? but it does.  Those suites are either located on the 6th floor of the Cypress tower or the 4th floor of the Almond Building.  I called Sandals yesterday and put in a request to have our room in the Cypress Tower.  On the map it just looks like it is a better view of the ocean and it is higher up too.  I also read somewhere that it is $30 to have your dress steamed which isn't bad at all.  I have hair and make-up at 1:00 p.m. and then wedding is at 3:00 p.m.  Hopefully it won't rain!!! I wonder what they do if it is raining?  I wish these WCs were all on the same page because she did not even give me an option of a $375 cd package :(  So worried about the photography but maybe shouldn't over worry about it. 

Oh another thing:  My friends/family/coworkers are throwing us a big wedding shower the week before we leave, and I found on the Sandals site that you can do a registry with them.  So...we set it up where they can buy an excursion or spa packages or put money towards our trip where we can use it for photography or anything we want.  I am so excited about that because we have everything and this way our friends/family can get us a gift which we truly will be able to enjoy and have fun with.  So, just wanted to pass that on to you guys in case you hadn't seen it. 

Hope everyone is doing well!  I won't give you our countdown today LOL!!

August 4th 2011 - Sandals Antigua Grande Resort & Spa.

#193 marleydog

marleydog
      • Site Supporter
      • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

001.JPG002.JPG011.JPG023.JPG023.JPG025.JPG

A few pics from my Hen Night.  Sorry they're so big.  I couldn't make them any smaller. 

#194 viki6069

viki6069
        • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Alex:  Looks like you had a great time on your hen night!!  :)  So happy for you!!!  Good idea on the hair/makeup I was actually thinking about that this weekend wondering if that is enough time.  I think I will move it up to noon.  3 hours should be enough time but I don't think 2 hours would be enough.

The dress fitting went great and I still totally LOVE the dress!!! The picture doesn't do it justice because you can't see all the beadwork and rhinestones on it.  I think it will be beautiful reflecting off the sun.  Still looking for a veil but going out this weekend and I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for.

Oh and 26 days til we leave!!!! 

THE DRESS.JPG

#195 nmw134

nmw134
          • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

Alex, looks like you had a great time!

And Viki, your dress is beautiful!

#196 marleydog

marleydog
            • Site Supporter
            • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Thanks Nancy,

Viki, OMG get you.  You look A..Ma..zing!!!!  Bob will be totally gobsmacked.   Totally stunning hun.

#197 viki6069

viki6069
              • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

aaaahhhh thanks girls!!!  I really LOVE it!!  Oh and I made a mistake lol 26 days til the wedding but only 23 DAYS until we leave!!! :)  It is coming up so fast!  :)  Alex you are almost there too.  You will be going only 12 days after me and then I will be jealous of you because my trip will be over!   Oh and i think you will love the Rondoval Suite.  We almost booked that!

#198 SarahTD

SarahTD
                • 71 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi everybody!  Vickie, you look fabulous!  Your dress is just gorgeous and you look great in it.  Alex, it looks like you had lots of fun at your hen night.

Married life is awesome to answer your question from a while back, Vickie.  Marcelo works out of town so we see each other on weekends right now which keeps the honeymoon going.  I am perpetually confused as to what my name is, though .  Every time I have to sign something or introduce myself, there is a pause which I'm pretty sure looks like I don't know who I am.  I am looking forward to getting used to that.  Changing my name was so much easier than I thought it would be as far as banks, social security and drivers license. 

I'm so excited for you guys!  I can't wait to hear what you think of the resort and everything.  Yay!!!

#199 viki6069

viki6069
                  • 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

Here is a better picture of the dress.  My pic is just so dark.  all the dark spots are swarovsky crystals and reflects so beautifully but not too much :)

Allure Wedding Dress.jpg

#200 zbwedding

zbwedding
                    • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Such a beautiful dress!  I hope your wedding turned out amazing!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users