Sandals Antigua Brides??

Thanks!  The flower ceremony would be great for your MIL and SIL, I'm sure.  I think it takes place at the end of the wedding ceremony.  It cost $100, so $50 per flower, which is ridiculous.  I really wanted to do it, though, so my MIL would feel part of the ceremony.  My mom is giving me away, my best friend is MOH and his dad is the best man.  My MIL is feeling a little left out.  She doesn't know about the flower ceremony so I think it will be a nice surprise for her.  All these secrets!  It's like throwing a wedding surprise party cheesy.gif.  I was a theatre major so I tend to lean toward the dramatic.  My best friend laughs at me because I keep calling the wedding guests "audience" and I'm keeping the music a secret for impact.  Oh well, at least it's a day where people will actually let me be the star LOL.  I probably won't get away with it after that try as I might.

Originally Posted by marleydog View Post

Hi Sarah,

so it's quite a trek for you too.  So so worth it though.  Your flower ceremony sounds wonderful.   Do you think it's something I could do for my MIL & SIL?    As you know we only have 4 guests going.  Would you mind me asking how much the flower ceremony costs & what it entails?  Is it a part of the actual wedding ceremony.  It's not something we do over here but I love the idea.   We're having the 30 minute hors d'ouerves (cocktail ceremony) then the 2 hour evening reception with private meal.  We were also going to go with the steel drums, then we thought about the saxophonist but have now decided to just have Ipod.   

Your days sounds like it's going to be absolutely fabulous.  woot.gif

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick response Sarah.  Sandals do know how to milk us for money dont they?!  $100 is quite a lot but I think is worth it.  Like you say, it makes them feel like part of the wedding.  FIL is walking me down, BIL is Mike's best man & MIL & SIL dont have any real active role so I think it's something I will go for.  Have you arranged this through the 'delightful' Dania? 

I think your MIL will absolutely love the fact that you've taken the time to both think about & include her. 

There are definitely lots of secrets to keep.  Like you, we have OOT bags, we've booked them each a romantic candlelit beach dinner & arranged for them to have champagne delivered when they return home.  It's such a struggle not to let anything slip.   

I'm sure you will most definitely be the star of the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahTD View Post

Thanks!  The flower ceremony would be great for your MIL and SIL, I'm sure.  I think it takes place at the end of the wedding ceremony.  It cost $100, so $50 per flower, which is ridiculous.  I really wanted to do it, though, so my MIL would feel part of the ceremony.  My mom is giving me away, my best friend is MOH and his dad is the best man.  My MIL is feeling a little left out.  She doesn't know about the flower ceremony so I think it will be a nice surprise for her.  All these secrets!  It's like throwing a wedding surprise party cheesy.gif.  I was a theatre major so I tend to lean toward the dramatic.  My best friend laughs at me because I keep calling the wedding guests "audience" and I'm keeping the music a secret for impact.  Oh well, at least it's a day where people will actually let me be the star LOL.  I probably won't get away with it after that try as I might.

Gosh it has been such a busy week here at work.  Yes, Sarah we are getting so excited...64 days:).  You don't have long and all of your plans sound so amazing.  I know you will have a beautiful wedding.  I have raised my 3 kids pretty much by myself, they are 19, 17 (both boys) and 15 (my little girl) and it would be such an honor to me for my daughter to ask me to walk her down the isle one day when she gets married (in about 20 years lol) .  That is so sweet and I know it means a lot to your mom.

I am 41 and this is our second marriage for both of us.  We were both so very young the first time.  We don't have any family coming with us so it will be just him and I which is nice but hearing about all your guys' plans it makes me kind of wish we had invited some friends or family.

Alex I love the idea about the parasols and we went out tux shopping this weekend and he is going to wear a lighter color tux instead of the black.  Thanks for the advice.

We purchased our plane tickets last weekend and are flying from Richmond, Va to Newark, NJ (1hr15min) and then connecting to fly from NJ to Antigua (4hr30min).  We had been procrastinating on the plane tickets and then got nervous because I checked flights and on the return flight the only thing they had available was a return flight for over $6,000 taking us from antigua to greece, then to italy, then to UK and then over to New Jersey and to Richmond.  I panicked and called Continental and they were able to find us a return flight in the normal price range.  To any other Antigua brides ... do not wait too long to get your plane tickets.

We are doing the Beautiful Beginnings package...does anyone know if we can upgrade the flowers and what the cost is about.  I'm not sure I am liking the magenta bouquet...

Also is anyone doing the romantic dinner on the beach for $170.  I know with the package they set us up for a nice couples dinner in a restaurant of our choice but we can purchase the dinner on the beach just not sure if it is worth it.

Viki- Thanks so much for saying that.  I know my mom is pretty excited.  I got her a locket to wear to the wedding and I put a picture in it of my dad from their wedding so he can be there with her.  I am going to give it to her way early in the day, though, so we can recover from the first wave of tears.  I think it's wonderful and special that it's only going to be the two of you because, really, that's what the wedding is all about.  You're under the mistaken impression that I invited all these people! smile120.gif  But, seriously, you're going to have a great special time.  I know you can upgrade the flowers, but I don't know about the cost.  You have to set it up pretty far in advance so I would try to wrench some information out of your wedding planner ASAP.  Do you have Dania?  You may have to use an actual wrench.

We're not doing the private dinner.  I have been to another Sandals and a Beaches and had nice romantic dinners in the restaurants. 

Alex- I think the parasols are a great idea!  Can you hand it off to your SIL and have her give you your bouquet?  I did arrange the flower ceremony through Dania.  I think the ladies will really really appreciate you including them in the ceremony. 

I leave for Houston a week from Monday!!!  I remember back when it was 7 long months.  Wow.

Sarah you will definitely have to give the locket to her early because it made me tear up just reading it...it is such a sweet gesture so your mom and you will definitely be sobbing and you cannot have puffy eyes for the wedding.  You crack me up about the inviting people thing LOL we didn't invite anyone because we were afraid of who would actually decide to come haha.  Our best friends were actually planning on being there at first but her mother was battling cancer and she spent so much time and money flying back and forth from here to NY until her mom passed away last month and they just don't have the time or means to go now but we are looking forward to it just being the two of us too.  We are having a nice reception when we return for friends and family. 

I guess I need to talk to Ebony, my WC, but she has been awfully quiet lately.  I think too once we didn't buy in on all the extras she got quiet all of a sudden.  Hopefully the WC who is attached to us at the resort will be good.

Evening Ladies,

I hope you're all well.     You know I was talking about my Hen Night, well I saw one of my close friends last night & she was arranged for just the 2 of us to go to London for the weekend & have a bit of a pamper..... & several drinks.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I had wanted her to be my MOH but because we booked our wedding in early January, she had already booked her summer holiday.  We're both gutted & joked about having a link so she could watch it at home.   That said, these things happen but it makes the 2 of us going to London so special.  I'm really excited & if I'm honest, I'm more excited about this than my big hen night. 

Viki Iâ€m also on my second marriage, but itâ€s only Mikeâ€s first.  That was another reason for opting for DW.  That said,  I know what you mean about inviting more people. I worry about creating the ‘right†atmosphere for 4 guests.  Mike & I donâ€t really mind about anything other than the ceremony but I so much want everyone else to come away saying theyâ€d had a great time.

Iâ€m not sure if I mentioned that I ordered the parasols from Ebay but when they came they were way too small but one of the other brides on here who got married in Antigua said you can buy them once youâ€re there so will probably go with that option. 

Glad to hear that you sorted the tux out.  A lighter colour sounds ideal.

It sounds like you had a nightmare with your plane tickets.  I think I would have been in a right state.  Thankfully you got it sorted eventually.  We arranged everything through our travel agent & have been told not to expect the tickets until about 10 days prior to flying.  Hopefully we wont have any problems.  I cant believe they expected you to fly from Antigua to Europe then to US.  That is crazy!!!

Re your flowers.  Iâ€m also not struck with the magenta bouquet.  Iâ€m in contact with a bride from here who got married in Antigua in April  (Vickytoria) & she was saying you can upgrade your bouquet.  I know that  the Sandals wedding brochure has prices for different bouquets.  I spoke with Dania about this a while ago & she advised that you can upgrade when you arrive.  Iâ€m going to do this.  Itâ€s hard to tell from a picture.   I want more of a proper bouquet as opposed to the couple of twigs that the magenta bouquet looks like.

Mike & I have booked the romantic beach dinner for our last night.  Vickytoria also had this & highly recommended it.  Hopefully itâ€ll be great as it is such a lot of money. 

Sarah  The locket is such a lovely thing to do & like Viki, I also teared up when I read about you putting a picture of your Dad in there so he could be with you both. I think she will be so moved by it.  There will definitely be lots of happy tears.

Having spoken to other Antiguan brides I believe the wedding planner walks with you to the aisle so maybe she could have the bouquet & swap it for the parasol when I get to the ‘aisle†bit.  

When you arranged the flower ceremony did you get an option as to which flowers you wanted.  Was there any pictures?  Itâ€s something I really but to do but Iâ€m really reticent to book things via Dania.  I just donâ€t have faith in her ability.  I believe that most things can be booked once you get out there which is what Iâ€m thinking about doing.  It is a gamble though so I did make sure that I booked hair appointments & our candlelit dinner with her as I didnâ€t want to turn up & find they were fully booked or couldnâ€t accommodate my date / time requests.

OMG you donâ€t have long at all.  You must be a mixture of nervous anxiety & excitement. 

What time is your wedding?  Iâ€ll have a drink for you.

Take care & talk soon ladies. 

Hi Everyone

Marlydog: The bonfire is a Private thing that will be out on the beach for just my guest, We are going to be having Drinks (cocktails and smores) I'm soo Excited (LOL)

I am so excited we leave in just a few days. I am sitting in my 3rd bedroom aka wedding central (LOL) and I am trying to figure out where to start with my packing (LOL)

I had my final dress fitting the other day and it went great, I love my dress. ( i will post pictures) but if you want to see it , it is an Alfred Angelo style #2117

This week has gone by so fast for me and I keep thinking to myself, next week at this time I will be in Antigua and that's crazy to me., time has flown by.

Hi ladies!  I am off to my wedding shower.  Alex, we weren't given a chance of flowers.  I think they are orchids.  I'm not sure why I think that, but I'm pretty sure I read it in the description.  My wedding is at 4 pm.  Enjoy your drink with us :)  I will check in with you all later. 

Hi Ladies,

Not much happening over this end.  All pretty quiet to be fair.  I finished some DIY stuff :

Ribbons around the raffia fans, bookmarks, keycard holders, welcome book, pashmina tags, first aid kit stickers & bagging up the O $h1t kits.  

Does anyone know if you receive confirmation from Sandals after sending them your documentation.  Because we booked via a travel agent ,we gave them copies of our documents, birth certs & my divorce absolute but we havenâ€t heard anything back.  I think maybe I should chase this & check allâ€s ok.

Sweetness - I like the idea of the bonfire.  Iâ€m going to email Dania this evening to try & get some details from her.  What are smores??  Itâ€s not a word Iâ€ve heard of over here.   I think there will be a fantastic atmosphere.  I had a look at your dress online & it looks amazing.  I love the diamante detail & the mermaid ruffles.  You will look fabulous. Not long now.  Iâ€m so excited for you. 

Sarah – How did your shower go.....would love to see some pics.   Orchids donâ€t sound too bad,  Iâ€ll ask Dania about this tonight & see if she can send me some pictures.  4pm.  Is the same time as ours.  Iâ€ll be interested to find out what the weather was like at that time of day.  Have you chosen your location or are you waiting ‘til you get out there?  

Talk soon.  

Shower.jpg

Hi everyone!  Here's is a photo of me and my wonderful shower hostesses- my mom, MIL, best friend and her mom.  I had a great time and the ladies gave me lots of great gifts.  It was an international shower too- at any one time English, Portuguese and Spanish were being spoken.

Alex- I haven't chosen my venue yet.  I have definitely decided against the beach and I'm going to look for a place that is kind of away from everything.  I'll let you know what I discover.  2 weeks!! 

Talk to you soon.

Originally Posted by marleydog View Post

Hi Ladies,

Not much happening over this end.  All pretty quiet to be fair.  I finished some DIY stuff :

Ribbons around the raffia fans, bookmarks, keycard holders, welcome book, pashmina tags, first aid kit stickers & bagging up the O $h1t kits.  

Does anyone know if you receive confirmation from Sandals after sending them your documentation.  Because we booked via a travel agent ,we gave them copies of our documents, birth certs & my divorce absolute but we havenâ€t heard anything back.  I think maybe I should chase this & check allâ€s ok.

Sweetness - I like the idea of the bonfire.  Iâ€m going to email Dania this evening to try & get some details from her.  What are smores??  Itâ€s not a word Iâ€ve heard of over here.   I think there will be a fantastic atmosphere.  I had a look at your dress online & it looks amazing.  I love the diamante detail & the mermaid ruffles.  You will look fabulous. Not long now.  Iâ€m so excited for you. 

Sarah – How did your shower go.....would love to see some pics.   Orchids donâ€t sound too bad,  Iâ€ll ask Dania about this tonight & see if she can send me some pictures.  4pm.  Is the same time as ours.  Iâ€ll be interested to find out what the weather was like at that time of day.  Have you chosen your location or are you waiting ‘til you get out there?  

Talk soon.