Sandals Antigua Brides??

Hi Vickytoria,

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one getting pretty irrational about everything.  No one seems to understand why I'm getting so anxious about things.  There are ony 6 of us in total & all of the guests are FI's family.  (I dont have any contact with my family & my close friends either have booked their holidays for this year or can't afford the trip).  I guess I just feel a little out on a limb.

Like you say, I think we have to feel 100% happy with the dresses we pick but it's so hard trying to find something that you love & also appropriate for a destination wedding.  I'm sure your dress will look stunning.  Do you have any pictures? 

We're just starting to plan music.  I thought it would be easier to have the steel drums for the 2 hour reception, but now I'm not so sure because I think we have to provide them with the music we want them to play.  I might ask Dania if they have set music.  We're left with finding music for guests prior to arrival of FI, my arrival, signing of register, recessional & whether or not to have music for the 30 mins Hors d'oeurves.  What do you think?

High heels or kittens....  I'm having a similar problem.  I live in my heels but FI is the same height as me & if I go for my usual 4" I'm going to tower over him in the photos.  That said, it's never bothered me before. LOL.  What are your worries about them, do you normally wear high heels?

I'll let you know how it goes on Monday with FMIL & the dress.

Originally Posted by Vickytoria View Post

Hi Alex

I have the opposite problem - I'm worried my dress is too 'weddingy' for a destination wedding!!  To be honest I bought it with my wedding reception party in mind rather than the wedding itself.  Its not huge but its not a slim and slinky dress some of the lovely brides have in the destination photos.  People are telling me I am just finding something to panic about!  I am going for my final fitting on Friday so hopefully I'll calm down after that.

I have quite a bit still to do - Sandals asked us to choose some songs which we havent done yet (it wasnt something we particularly wanted to do) and I need to decide on hair - it'll definitely be up though.  Im also having a drama over high shoes or kitten heels although I guess its a pretty small thing!!

I have become pretty irrational about everything so if I were you I'd value the opinions of those people around you.  But you only do it once so you have to have the dress you want!  I think the FMIL is a good plan - let me know what you decide.  Whatever it is I dont think you'll be worrying about it on the day!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone...

I'm getting married at SAG on June 6, 2011.  It's getting close and I'm getting very excited and nervous.  I chose to do it this way so I wouldn't have to plan very much but I think I have too much time on my hands now to worry :)

Originally Posted by SarahTD View Post

Hi everyone...

I'm getting married at SAG on June 6, 2011.  It's getting close and I'm getting very excited and nervous.  I chose to do it this way so I wouldn't have to plan very much but I think I have too much time on my hands now to worry :)

Hi SarahTD,

Congratulations.  How are you getting on with your planning? 

Hi Marleydog,

Planning seems to be going okay.  Really all there is now to do is wait.  My friend is making my dress, pretty much got the music planned, just anxiously waiting.  How about you?

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Sorry it's taken a while to reply.  I tend to only really view the 'Brides from the UK' section.   I'm pretty much the same, just waiting now.  Time does tend to fly by though.  It's only 12 weeks now.  I keep changing my mind about so many things though.  I'm sure I'm driving my wedding coordinator crazy.  PM me & I'll give you my email address. 

Alex.

Hi Fellow Antigua Brides, Just wanted to check in and say Hi!! Its been awhile since I posted on the "Sandals Antigua Thread"

I am also Just waiting, everything is pretty much planned, Just putting together my OOt bags. I realized today that it is 1 Month till my Wedding. WOW!! the time has flown by

Hi Sweetness,

Not long to go for you now.  I'm wishing the days away.  I still have 12 weeks to wait.    Looking forward to hearing how it all went & seeing your pics.  xx

Originally Posted by sweetness View Post

Hi Fellow Antigua Brides, Just wanted to check in and say Hi!! Its been awhile since I posted on the "Sandals Antigua Thread"

I am also Just waiting, everything is pretty much planned, Just putting together my OOt bags. I realized today that it is 1 Month till my Wedding. WOW!! the time has flown by

Hi Sweetness...

What dates are you going to be there?  We are there May 31-June 11 and we're getting married on the 6th.  Really all that I am waiting for now is my dress.  You guys are going to have to forgive my ignorance, but what is an OOT bag?

Hi Sarah,

Not long for you now!.  OOT bags are out of town bags.  I'd never heard of them 'til this site.  It's not something we do in the UK, but I think it's quite popular in US.  They're normally filled with things like hand sanitizer, baby wipes, sun screen, chapstick & any other little thank you gifts you may want to add. 

Hi Sweetness...

What dates are you going to be there?  We are there May 31-June 11 and we're getting married on the 6th.  Really all that I am waiting for now is my dress.  You guys are going to have to forgive my ignorance, but what is an OOT bag?

Hi Sweetness,

Not long left for you now.  I'm sure the time will fly by.  It's such a shame that there aren't many people on this thread.  Do you still hear from Vickytoria?  She got married at Sandals Antigua about a month ago. 

Out of curiosity what did you put in your OOT bags?  I'd never heard of them til this site & decided to do them.  I went with:

Baby wipes

Hand santizer

min pack baby wipes

smelly candle tin

large tin sweets

pashminas for ladies

bath / shower scruffer for ladies

mini first aid kit

panadol

immodium

tissues

welcome note / brochure

Originally Posted by sweetness View Post