Sandals Antigua Brides??

Welcome!  Excited to hear you are also getting married at Sandals Antigua!  We are getting married April 20, 2011 there.  We recently decided to upgrade to the 1 bedroom honeymoon penthouse suite with butler service, so are really excited about that!  Let us know if you have any questions!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Ruth3897 =)

We are doing the 3 hour reception on the beach. We are having anywhere from 20-40 guests join us. I am so excited my save the dates just went out today. I will post a picture as soon as I get a chance. They are so cute =)

Sorry I have not posted in a few days but it has been a crazy week and it is only Tuesday lol

Carolinechc-I know in the last post you asked me what room type I am in, and I have to look it up cause I cant remember the name of it (to many things going  on (lol),  I know that it is in the new Mediterranean side of the resort.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ladies!  I just got a call this weekend from Dania.  She left me a message letting me know she was my new wedding planner for Sandals Antigua.  I am not happy about these changes.  She's my 3rd planner since May!  It makes me a little nervous.  Ebony was very responsive, but I noticed I have to ask questions to find out more details about my wedding options.  For instance, no one told me I had different flower options other than what's showing in the theme pictures.  I saw the new flowers on the sandals wedding blog and immediately emailed Ebony.  She responded with a flower pdf file of options.  I thought yes, this is great, but why wouldn't that have just come to me in the first place when I booked. I'm just afraid there are other details that I am missing or don't know to ask for.  Have you experienced the same?  I also don't like that they do not update the website with more details.  The wedding video is not even a Martha Stewart themed wedding and the picture links in the themes were not working for months.  Thanks for letting me vent!!!! 

I am beyond frustrated with the WC's at Sandals.  I've given all the details and my list of "wants" to my TA and she is dealing with it for me.  From the slow responses to the grammatically incorrect emails (that make no sense) to flat out refusals (to stuff I KNOW is possible)...I've had it with Sandals.  I'm sure everything will work out just fine but it's a hassle that no bride-to-be needs.  I'll just be glad when we finally get there and are able to speak to and make plans with the on-site coordinator. 

So in other words, I feel your pain!!  Unfortunately I don't have any inside info to share.  I'm bringing my own flowers and we're doing the 1 hr private cocktail hour (we're only having 8 guests).  My only suggestion is use your TA if you have one.  Let her fight your battles for you, they have much more pull with Sandals than you do.

Hi,  I just wanted to say that I have stayed at Sandal's Antigua before and it was amazing!! The beach is wonderful. You will love it there. It will be a great spot for a wedding. The older Caribbean Grove side is so lush, with so many tropical flowers while the new side has a different feel. Both sides of the resort are nice and you will have lots of beautiful pictures because of this!

The food was excellent! The Italian Restaurant is the best and surprisingly the English Pub because they share the same kitchen.

Here is the link to the review I posted after we got back:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147243-d148277-r61636719-Sandals_Grande_Antigua_Resort_Spa-St_John_s_Antigua_Antigua_and_Barbuda.html 

• 4 weeks later...