Photo

Our less than $100 DIY invites (Pics!)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

To begin with, I should tell you that we had about 50 invitations to go out.  I was not really interested in spending a lot on my invites and I am neither crafty nor overly involved in DIY projects.  So I was in a bit of a pickle.

I decided to venture into Michael's craft store on a whim, hoping to find those all-inclusive DIY package things, but found nothing I really liked.  And then it just came to me out of nowhere.

I hauled my butt to the paper crafts section and picked up 2 Martha Stewart paper punches which were both on sale.  I got them both for $10.  There was a pretty nice selection of these there with a lot of different images.  However, we are getting married in a garden setting in Hawaii, so I chose a pretty flower petal design.

Next, I made my way to the DIY invitation section where I picked out chocolate brown A7 card stock.  I bought 5 packages for a total of $10.50. I bought cream colored A7 envelopes - 5 packages for a total of $9.80.  Then I bought cream colored A6 card stock.  I ended up buying 6 packages of these since I intended to print on these and knew I would mess up a couple times (and oh, did I).  These came out to $12.60.  Lastly, I purchased a package of 50 notecards with envelopes in cream for $7 at Hobby Lobby.

Total so far is around $50.

I then purchased scrapbooking tape - 3 rolls for $12.

Awhile back, I had been looking online for custom paper.  I don't know why I did it, but I'm glad I did.  I bought a sheet of Aubergine-colored handmade mango leaf paper for $2.80 + $10 for shipping (which you can find here: Envelopes

RSVP

Invite Wording

Overall

#2 janapana

janapana
    • 591 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

And you said you´re not crafty?!

I think they look great, very pretty and elegant.

#3 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
      • 376 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:31 PM

Haha, thank you so much!

I assure you, I am not a crafty person.  This was shocking.  In fact, when I bought the materials, my fiance gave me a good, long staredown and said, "Now, are you SURE?  I mean, REALLY sure??  Cause you know... you're gonna have to make stuff.  You're ok with that?"

I reminded him that if he still wanted to marry me, he would accept my lack of DIY knowledge, smile, nod and love whatever would come of these invitations - even if they looked like a 2nd grade art project.

#4 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
        • 193 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

They look so simple but elegant! Love the color combo and I disagree, you are very crafty!

#5 SonyaR

SonyaR
          • 299 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

I agree you are definitely crafty and they look great. You proved that you do not have to spend a fortune on invites.

#6 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
            • 512 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

Love, love your invites! and yes you are crafty! I love the stamps you got from Zazzle! I wish I had been on the ball and got some for our invites.

#7 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

Your hard work paid off, they look great!

#8 emilyk78

emilyk78
                • 220 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

They turned out great for not being crafty!! Good job!

~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#9 terilina

terilina
                  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Looks great!

#10 hzak1203

hzak1203
                    • 177 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

They look great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users