Photo

Beachy message in a bottle wedding invitations

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

I absolutely love them!!! I actually did passport invites but am thinking about doing a message in a bottle program for the wedding day! I thought it would be neat for people to show up and have something to open and real while they are awaiting my arrival!  How much do those heart charms run?  Do they come in a pack!?  I actually just received an invitation from a friend with those hearts attached and was going to ask where they came from!

#22 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

I also wanted to share the site I'll most likely get mine from...they sell plastic bottles with cork at $0.89 or less!!

http://www.sandartsu...ttles/mbpw5.htm

#23 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
      • 710 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I absolutely love them!!! I actually did passport invites but am thinking about doing a message in a bottle program for the wedding day! I thought it would be neat for people to show up and have something to open and real while they are awaiting my arrival!  How much do those heart charms run?  Do they come in a pack!?  I actually just received an invitation from a friend with those hearts attached and was going to ask where they came from!

Message in a bottle programs sounds great! The heart charms I believe were approximately $6.00, i'm not certain. I'm sure they weren't expensive. They come in a pack of 50 heart charms. I purchased them at michael's. I printed a 50% off coupon from the internet and saved a few bucks!!

#24 nikkidee1214

nikkidee1214
        • 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

they look great

#25 love88

love88
          • Banned
          • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

love this idea

#26 Jolene512

Jolene512
            • 56 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

They look great, I like your burnt edges on your invitations. Thanks for sharing the website.. I'll have to check them out

#27 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
              • 158 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

These are so beautiful and so perfect for a destination wedding invite.. I hope its in my budget to do something like this!! Thank you for sharing such a creative and unique idea!!

#28 2PRETTYBG

2PRETTYBG
                • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

Very cute!!

#29 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                  • 710 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hello Ladies....

My invites are all ready for shipping and I wanted to share with you all the end result....

I wrapped the bottles in bubble wrap so they don't break during shipping. I created and printed pre-travel newsletter and attached the RSVP cards to it and rolled it up into scroll. Then fastened it with a blue ribbon to match the ribbon on the bottles. I made labels with the saying... "Message in the bottle, open it and see" and attached to the inside of the box. Check it out!!

tn.jpeg

#30 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                    • 349 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

I just got an invite to a DW with this invite I love it!!

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl 

Hello Ladies....

My invites are all ready for shipping and I wanted to share with you all the end result....

I wrapped the bottles in bubble wrap so they don't break during shipping. I created and printed pre-travel newsletter and attached the RSVP cards to it and rolled it up into scroll. Then fastened it with a blue ribbon to match the ribbon on the bottles. I made labels with the saying... "Message in the bottle, open it and see" and attached to the inside of the box. Check it out!!

tn.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users