Jump to content

Photo

2011 Iberostar Brides


  • Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#141 Hanna20

Hanna20
  • Newbie
  • 100 posts

    Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

    Hello Girls!!

     

    So I am happy to report that my photography crisis has offically been fixed!! We have now hired "Photos in Cancun" to cover our wedding and I am very excited! Their work looks great and they have been awesome at responding to my emails quickly. Whew!!! That caused me some major stress for the last week so I am very glad to have it dealt with now.

     

    On another note.... I have an appintment at the bridal shop next week to start the fittings!!! Eeeeek! Better work extra hard at the gym!

     

    My friend has also organized a bridal shower for me even though I feel really bad asking people to come and buy me presents since they are already paying to come on the trip.... hope people don't think it's too much.

     

    How's everyone else doing??? It is offically February now so I can say 2 months till the BIG DAY!



    #142 radiochic10

    radiochic10
    • Newbie
    • 46 posts

      Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

      Hi all!
       

      Ty-I'm not sure about having to stay at the resort you have the wedding at???  I'm sure it has to be an Iberostar property, so maybe clarify that is what you mean so they don't think you want to have it there & stay at Dreams, ya know?  I do know that the Grand does not allow any kids-so if you want to stay there & they make you have it where you're staying-beware of that rule.

       

      Hanna-Congrats on solving the photographer dilemma!  That's how I felt once I got everything straight with DJ Doremixx because I really wanted him & he wasn't great with the emails.  2 months!! YAY!  I'm less than 2 WEEKS & I can't believe it!  I was supposed to have my final fitting last week, but apparently I lost more weight & it had to be taken in more *(AWESOME problem to have) so I pick it up Friday & we leave on Monday morning.  I can't believe it!  I haven't even tried to pack anything yet, and am afraid to see how many bags we'll end up with! And I wanted to ask-are you doing the "starfish" thing in your bouquet?  Have you even heard about it?  Destination brides put a starfish pin in their bouquet & then pass it along to other destination brides-it's the coolest concept!  Let me know :)

      And-ALL BRIDES-learn from my 'shipping' mistake.  I sent our favors to the WC via priority mail at the post office on January 6th and they are M.I.A.......even with the tracking #, etc-it says they were last scanned at the New Jersey international office and when I called, I was told "Oh-Mexico's customs is backed up...who knows when it'll get there."  They couldn't have mentioned that AT the post office, before I spent $53 on shipping it to the land of no where.  Yes, it may have been more at UPS, but it would have gotten there-I'm sure of that.  As it stands, we're out the $$ on the favors, and the shipping...it's a shame.  I was going to re-order them, but I don't think I'll bother at this point because I'd have to re-ship them to my sister and have her deal with taking them...too much hassle.  I wish I had thought about UPS, but I live next to the post office, so I just instinctively went there.  Just an FYI to help ya out!

       

      Leaving in 5 days, leaving in 5 days....I say as I look at the 10 ft. snowbank outside... ahhhhhhh



      #143 Hanna20

      Hanna20
      • Newbie
      • 100 posts

        Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:40 AM


        Hi Erin!! I can't believe you're leaving so soon! Are you excited or more nervous?

         

        Great job on the dress situation... I would love to have that problem with mine! I am sure you will look fantastic. I would love to see some of your phots after you get back... it will give me a good glimpse into what to expect. I have looked through Tara's photos and that really made this whole thing feel real. 

         

        As for the Starfish thing... I have never heard of it but I am intrigued.... do tell! It sounds like a great idea and I already have visions of passing it on to the other Hannah who gets married at the Iberostar a month after I do.

         

        Bet ya can't wait to get out of that snow!!!!! The countdown is on!
         

        Originally Posted by radiochic10 

        Hi all!
         

        Ty-I'm not sure about having to stay at the resort you have the wedding at???  I'm sure it has to be an Iberostar property, so maybe clarify that is what you mean so they don't think you want to have it there & stay at Dreams, ya know?  I do know that the Grand does not allow any kids-so if you want to stay there & they make you have it where you're staying-beware of that rule.

         

        Hanna-Congrats on solving the photographer dilemma!  That's how I felt once I got everything straight with DJ Doremixx because I really wanted him & he wasn't great with the emails.  2 months!! YAY!  I'm less than 2 WEEKS & I can't believe it!  I was supposed to have my final fitting last week, but apparently I lost more weight & it had to be taken in more *(AWESOME problem to have) so I pick it up Friday & we leave on Monday morning.  I can't believe it!  I haven't even tried to pack anything yet, and am afraid to see how many bags we'll end up with! And I wanted to ask-are you doing the "starfish" thing in your bouquet?  Have you even heard about it?  Destination brides put a starfish pin in their bouquet & then pass it along to other destination brides-it's the coolest concept!  Let me know :)

        And-ALL BRIDES-learn from my 'shipping' mistake.  I sent our favors to the WC via priority mail at the post office on January 6th and they are M.I.A.......even with the tracking #, etc-it says they were last scanned at the New Jersey international office and when I called, I was told "Oh-Mexico's customs is backed up...who knows when it'll get there."  They couldn't have mentioned that AT the post office, before I spent $53 on shipping it to the land of no where.  Yes, it may have been more at UPS, but it would have gotten there-I'm sure of that.  As it stands, we're out the $$ on the favors, and the shipping...it's a shame.  I was going to re-order them, but I don't think I'll bother at this point because I'd have to re-ship them to my sister and have her deal with taking them...too much hassle.  I wish I had thought about UPS, but I live next to the post office, so I just instinctively went there.  Just an FYI to help ya out!

         

        Leaving in 5 days, leaving in 5 days....I say as I look at the 10 ft. snowbank outside... ahhhhhhh





        #144 Hannah5611

        Hannah5611
        • Newbie
        • 91 posts

          Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:31 AM


          Erin!!  I cant believe you are leaving in 4 days and I cant wait to hear all about it and see pics!!!!!  I am sure your favors will get there in time....just some last minute stress I am sure you dont need!!!!  Enjoy the warm weather!!  I LOVE leaving for vacation in the middle of winter - Good Luck with everything and cant wait to see your review!!!!!

           

          Hanna - if you do the starfish I would be honored to receive it after you!!  

           

          ps - I felt the EXACT same way about the shower....but I am having one also, I tried to keep it small (still at like 40people).  Here is the way I am starting to look at things though...I am standing up in 4 more weddings after mine this year....After all is said and done, I am spending the same amount on standing up in EACH of these weddings as these girls are spending to come to Mexico (and they get a vacation out of it too)...after dress, shoes, hair, makeup, showers, bach parties, ect...I am looking at about the same amount.....so although I felt bad that people were spending all the money to come to Mexico for my wedding, I am really spending the same to be there for them....PLUS, think of how you would feel if you were going to a destination wedding - you would not be offended if that person had a shower, right??  My future mother in law (Or MIL as I call her) said to me:  "you HAVE to have a shower Hannah"  and she was right...so I will say the same to you...YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SHOWER HANNA ;)

           

          Hannah

           

          pps- they also told me "You have to wear a vail Hannah"...and that I am NOT doing...lol

          Originally Posted by Hanna20 


          Hi Erin!! I can't believe you're leaving so soon! Are you excited or more nervous?

           

          Great job on the dress situation... I would love to have that problem with mine! I am sure you will look fantastic. I would love to see some of your phots after you get back... it will give me a good glimpse into what to expect. I have looked through Tara's photos and that really made this whole thing feel real. 

           

          As for the Starfish thing... I have never heard of it but I am intrigued.... do tell! It sounds like a great idea and I already have visions of passing it on to the other Hannah who gets married at the Iberostar a month after I do.

           

          Bet ya can't wait to get out of that snow!!!!! The countdown is on!
           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by radiochic10 

          Hi all!
           

          Ty-I'm not sure about having to stay at the resort you have the wedding at???  I'm sure it has to be an Iberostar property, so maybe clarify that is what you mean so they don't think you want to have it there & stay at Dreams, ya know?  I do know that the Grand does not allow any kids-so if you want to stay there & they make you have it where you're staying-beware of that rule.

           

          Hanna-Congrats on solving the photographer dilemma!  That's how I felt once I got everything straight with DJ Doremixx because I really wanted him & he wasn't great with the emails.  2 months!! YAY!  I'm less than 2 WEEKS & I can't believe it!  I was supposed to have my final fitting last week, but apparently I lost more weight & it had to be taken in more *(AWESOME problem to have) so I pick it up Friday & we leave on Monday morning.  I can't believe it!  I haven't even tried to pack anything yet, and am afraid to see how many bags we'll end up with! And I wanted to ask-are you doing the "starfish" thing in your bouquet?  Have you even heard about it?  Destination brides put a starfish pin in their bouquet & then pass it along to other destination brides-it's the coolest concept!  Let me know :)

          And-ALL BRIDES-learn from my 'shipping' mistake.  I sent our favors to the WC via priority mail at the post office on January 6th and they are M.I.A.......even with the tracking #, etc-it says they were last scanned at the New Jersey international office and when I called, I was told "Oh-Mexico's customs is backed up...who knows when it'll get there."  They couldn't have mentioned that AT the post office, before I spent $53 on shipping it to the land of no where.  Yes, it may have been more at UPS, but it would have gotten there-I'm sure of that.  As it stands, we're out the $$ on the favors, and the shipping...it's a shame.  I was going to re-order them, but I don't think I'll bother at this point because I'd have to re-ship them to my sister and have her deal with taking them...too much hassle.  I wish I had thought about UPS, but I live next to the post office, so I just instinctively went there.  Just an FYI to help ya out!

           

          Leaving in 5 days, leaving in 5 days....I say as I look at the 10 ft. snowbank outside... ahhhhhhh


           




          #145 tfletcher1124

          tfletcher1124
          • Newbie
          • 5 posts

            Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

            Hey Erin,

            Congrats girl!! Your day is fast approaching!!! I'm so excited, and it's not even me going ;-)  I know you'll have the wedding of your dreams!!

             

            Thanks for replying to my post. My confusion came from my TA -Dennis (through destinationwedding.com) - He kept telling me that We have to have the wedding at the actual hotel that we were physically staying at.  But after reading the posts of the ladies here, I was like 'Wait a minute, this is different than what you've been telling us' 

            Anywho, I tried asking him again, and same answer, this time with a little chillier attitude.  So I went directly to the source, I sent an email to Reyna, and she confirmed what you ladies have been reporting. That you can stay at any of the Iberostar properties (ex. the Grand), and have your wedding at one of the different properties (Ex. Del Mar).  So I'm excited about that, because FI and I want to stay at the Grand, and have our guests stay at Lindo (some will be bringing children), and after reading the reviews here, I now want to have my reception at the Del Mar, so I'm going to book my wedding through there!

             

            I hope this explanation wasn't too confusing, but that was the problem, and after my TA's attitude toward me, I'm now in the market for a new TA.  You ladies have any suggestions????

             

            Thanks,

            Ty
             

            Originally Posted by radiochic10 

            Hi all!
             

            Ty-I'm not sure about having to stay at the resort you have the wedding at???  I'm sure it has to be an Iberostar property, so maybe clarify that is what you mean so they don't think you want to have it there & stay at Dreams, ya know?  I do know that the Grand does not allow any kids-so if you want to stay there & they make you have it where you're staying-beware of that rule.

             

            Hanna-Congrats on solving the photographer dilemma!  That's how I felt once I got everything straight with DJ Doremixx because I really wanted him & he wasn't great with the emails.  2 months!! YAY!  I'm less than 2 WEEKS & I can't believe it!  I was supposed to have my final fitting last week, but apparently I lost more weight & it had to be taken in more *(AWESOME problem to have) so I pick it up Friday & we leave on Monday morning.  I can't believe it!  I haven't even tried to pack anything yet, and am afraid to see how many bags we'll end up with! And I wanted to ask-are you doing the "starfish" thing in your bouquet?  Have you even heard about it?  Destination brides put a starfish pin in their bouquet & then pass it along to other destination brides-it's the coolest concept!  Let me know :)

            And-ALL BRIDES-learn from my 'shipping' mistake.  I sent our favors to the WC via priority mail at the post office on January 6th and they are M.I.A.......even with the tracking #, etc-it says they were last scanned at the New Jersey international office and when I called, I was told "Oh-Mexico's customs is backed up...who knows when it'll get there."  They couldn't have mentioned that AT the post office, before I spent $53 on shipping it to the land of no where.  Yes, it may have been more at UPS, but it would have gotten there-I'm sure of that.  As it stands, we're out the $$ on the favors, and the shipping...it's a shame.  I was going to re-order them, but I don't think I'll bother at this point because I'd have to re-ship them to my sister and have her deal with taking them...too much hassle.  I wish I had thought about UPS, but I live next to the post office, so I just instinctively went there.  Just an FYI to help ya out!

             

            Leaving in 5 days, leaving in 5 days....I say as I look at the 10 ft. snowbank outside... ahhhhhhh





            #146 Hanna20

            Hanna20
            • Newbie
            • 100 posts

              Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:42 AM


              Hannah,

               

              Yes I know what you're saying about the shower and it makes sense but I still do have a bit of a guilty feeling.... maybe it will pass!! So funny about the veil too... I was told the same thing and I'm not wearing one either. Last thing I want is to have it lowing around everywhere and have that be the focal point in all the pictures! Did you decide on a photographer yet? How about your dress, how is that going?

               

              As for the Starfish, I think it is sounding like more and more of an interesting thing to do. If Erin decides to pass it on, I would love to do the same for you. Think of it as passing on our good luck and having a small part in each other's day. Its funny how a complete stranger can know so much about you and what you are going through as a result of this forum.
               

              Originally Posted by Hannah5611 


              Erin!!  I cant believe you are leaving in 4 days and I cant wait to hear all about it and see pics!!!!!  I am sure your favors will get there in time....just some last minute stress I am sure you dont need!!!!  Enjoy the warm weather!!  I LOVE leaving for vacation in the middle of winter - Good Luck with everything and cant wait to see your review!!!!!

               

              Hanna - if you do the starfish I would be honored to receive it after you!!  

               

              ps - I felt the EXACT same way about the shower....but I am having one also, I tried to keep it small (still at like 40people).  Here is the way I am starting to look at things though...I am standing up in 4 more weddings after mine this year....After all is said and done, I am spending the same amount on standing up in EACH of these weddings as these girls are spending to come to Mexico (and they get a vacation out of it too)...after dress, shoes, hair, makeup, showers, bach parties, ect...I am looking at about the same amount.....so although I felt bad that people were spending all the money to come to Mexico for my wedding, I am really spending the same to be there for them....PLUS, think of how you would feel if you were going to a destination wedding - you would not be offended if that person had a shower, right??  My future mother in law (Or MIL as I call her) said to me:  "you HAVE to have a shower Hannah"  and she was right...so I will say the same to you...YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SHOWER HANNA ;)

               

              Hannah

               

              pps- they also told me "You have to wear a vail Hannah"...and that I am NOT doing...lol

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hanna20 


              Hi Erin!! I can't believe you're leaving so soon! Are you excited or more nervous?

               

              Great job on the dress situation... I would love to have that problem with mine! I am sure you will look fantastic. I would love to see some of your phots after you get back... it will give me a good glimpse into what to expect. I have looked through Tara's photos and that really made this whole thing feel real. 

               

              As for the Starfish thing... I have never heard of it but I am intrigued.... do tell! It sounds like a great idea and I already have visions of passing it on to the other Hannah who gets married at the Iberostar a month after I do.

               

              Bet ya can't wait to get out of that snow!!!!! The countdown is on!
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by radiochic10 

              Hi all!
               

              Ty-I'm not sure about having to stay at the resort you have the wedding at???  I'm sure it has to be an Iberostar property, so maybe clarify that is what you mean so they don't think you want to have it there & stay at Dreams, ya know?  I do know that the Grand does not allow any kids-so if you want to stay there & they make you have it where you're staying-beware of that rule.

               

              Hanna-Congrats on solving the photographer dilemma!  That's how I felt once I got everything straight with DJ Doremixx because I really wanted him & he wasn't great with the emails.  2 months!! YAY!  I'm less than 2 WEEKS & I can't believe it!  I was supposed to have my final fitting last week, but apparently I lost more weight & it had to be taken in more *(AWESOME problem to have) so I pick it up Friday & we leave on Monday morning.  I can't believe it!  I haven't even tried to pack anything yet, and am afraid to see how many bags we'll end up with! And I wanted to ask-are you doing the "starfish" thing in your bouquet?  Have you even heard about it?  Destination brides put a starfish pin in their bouquet & then pass it along to other destination brides-it's the coolest concept!  Let me know :)

              And-ALL BRIDES-learn from my 'shipping' mistake.  I sent our favors to the WC via priority mail at the post office on January 6th and they are M.I.A.......even with the tracking #, etc-it says they were last scanned at the New Jersey international office and when I called, I was told "Oh-Mexico's customs is backed up...who knows when it'll get there."  They couldn't have mentioned that AT the post office, before I spent $53 on shipping it to the land of no where.  Yes, it may have been more at UPS, but it would have gotten there-I'm sure of that.  As it stands, we're out the $$ on the favors, and the shipping...it's a shame.  I was going to re-order them, but I don't think I'll bother at this point because I'd have to re-ship them to my sister and have her deal with taking them...too much hassle.  I wish I had thought about UPS, but I live next to the post office, so I just instinctively went there.  Just an FYI to help ya out!

               

              Leaving in 5 days, leaving in 5 days....I say as I look at the 10 ft. snowbank outside... ahhhhhhh


               

               




              #147 Hannah5611

              Hannah5611
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

                How much is your photographer going to cost??  The resort will not honor the $350 charge for me ;(  but I have the photographer I want to use trying to talk to some "inside connections" at the Iberostar and see what we can do....I feel like I am being so cheap but I really dont have much left in my budget after the "mac daddy" package AND the catamaran we rented the for the next day....

                I will have to check out your photographer online and see their work ;)  I am still waiting for the resort to contact me about my ceremony time and menu....It seems like there is not ONE other person on here that is having their wedding at the Lindo...hmmmmm...

                Anyways, about my dress - I dont know if I posted anything on here, but my dress came it and fit like a glove (I have had it for a while)....well, I started really trying to get in shape and I have lost 15 lbs since Jan 1.....now my dress is way too big ;(   Alterations were also NOT in the budget because it fit so good!  So I am going to go for alterations at the end of the month - it will just need to be taken in around my chest )go figure) and mid section...and then try to maintain that weight because I really cant lose that much more.......What about your dress...do you have a pic????

                Along with my dress being too big, I also had to take off my engagement ring yesterday after it fell right off my finger into the garbage can when I was cleaning....yep, guess my fingers lost weight too!!!  lol

                 

                ok - I know I have asked this a thousand times, but what resort are you girls having your receptions at?  I might see if I can change mine when they contact me this month!

                 

                Alright Erin.....with 5 days left, are you going to start the starfish tradition and pass it along to Hanna??



                #148 radiochic10

                radiochic10
                • Newbie
                • 46 posts

                  Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

                  Getting ready to leave for a dinner-but will DEFINITELY pass the starfish to you ladies.  I'll explain the whole concept when I get back later tonight!

                  xo

                  :)erin



                  #149 Hanna20

                  Hanna20
                  • Newbie
                  • 100 posts

                    Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:34 PM


                    Our photographer is going to be $1500 for the day and that includes all the digital pictures on a DVD which we get that SAME day!! They also have a 5 hour package for $1000 and that also includes the DVD the same day (I thought that was a big deal since most other companies ship it to you after the fact). We are also getting some extra things though like livestreaming of our wedding so that will be an added cost too (just haven't worked that out yet). As for the penalty, my wedding coordinator said they would honor the original amount so I am not sure why yours would be different. If worst comes to worst I guess you could still just go with the resort photographer and avoid the extra fees.

                     

                    As for the ceremony time, I had booked that a long time ago because they have to book the officiant since they are from off-site and do lots of weddings each day. Our menu selection as well as flowers, decorations, etc everything else is due to the wedding coordinator 30 days prior to the wedding (so March 6th). She had sent me a big long form to fill out that asks all of those questions.

                     

                    Both Erin and I are having our reception at El Faro restaurant which is the one that the Beach side and Del mar side share for private receptions. I think "Tara" may have had her wedding at Lindo (she just got back last week) and she has a photo sharing site that she could send you if you want to see her pics. In her pics it look like she may have also used El Faro but you would have to ask her to be sure (looked very similar in her photos).

                     

                    I go for my first fitting appointment for my dress next week. That is when it will be determined how much alterations are required... fingers crossed it's not too much!! I don't have a photo handy, sorry:(

                     

                    I am so excited about this starfish thing!!! I think it is an amazing idea! Can't wait to hear Erin's explanation later.
                     

                    Originally Posted by Hannah5611 

                    How much is your photographer going to cost??  The resort will not honor the $350 charge for me ;(  but I have the photographer I want to use trying to talk to some "inside connections" at the Iberostar and see what we can do....I feel like I am being so cheap but I really dont have much left in my budget after the "mac daddy" package AND the catamaran we rented the for the next day....

                    I will have to check out your photographer online and see their work ;)  I am still waiting for the resort to contact me about my ceremony time and menu....It seems like there is not ONE other person on here that is having their wedding at the Lindo...hmmmmm...

                    Anyways, about my dress - I dont know if I posted anything on here, but my dress came it and fit like a glove (I have had it for a while)....well, I started really trying to get in shape and I have lost 15 lbs since Jan 1.....now my dress is way too big ;(   Alterations were also NOT in the budget because it fit so good!  So I am going to go for alterations at the end of the month - it will just need to be taken in around my chest )go figure) and mid section...and then try to maintain that weight because I really cant lose that much more.......What about your dress...do you have a pic????

                    Along with my dress being too big, I also had to take off my engagement ring yesterday after it fell right off my finger into the garbage can when I was cleaning....yep, guess my fingers lost weight too!!!  lol

                     

                    ok - I know I have asked this a thousand times, but what resort are you girls having your receptions at?  I might see if I can change mine when they contact me this month!

                     

                    Alright Erin.....with 5 days left, are you going to start the starfish tradition and pass it along to Hanna??





                    #150 radiochic10

                    radiochic10
                    • Newbie
                    • 46 posts

                      Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

                      Hi all! 


                      :)  Ok, so a few months ago, I was reading one of the blogs on here & found this "starfish" passing tradition.  I'm not sure when it started, but I LOVED the concept.  Destination brides pass along the starfish to other destination wedding brides & they put it in their bouquet.  I posted on the thread that I was interested in it & whoever was in 'charge' basically said to go through the posts and find an 'open' starfish, message that person & wait to hear back.  Well, at the time, there were 96 PAGES of posts.  Now, I do not know what bride has the time to go through 96 pages of back & forth statements, but it ain't me.  I found another bride-don't even know how now that I think about it-maybe she saw my post? and she said she wanted to start a new starfish because-like me-she thought it maddening to sift through that thread to find a fish.  Somehow, in the midst of all the other stuff I'm trying to pull together this week, I remembered the starfish.  I ordered 4 in total-and I'm thinking I will pass along 2.  I was going to just do one & keep the other 3 in the dried bouquet, but that's not what they're there for.  I waited 37 years to find the love of my life-I think we're truly blessed-and passing that little starfish along is like extending the joy to all of you & I love that!  From what I understand, brides put a little info about their wedding in with the starfish before passing it along to the next destination bride.  I will give one out to the bride I've talked to about starting a starfish passing with and Hanna-get me your address & I'll send the other to you when we get back & then you can mail it to Hannah after you get married!  I'm attaching pictures to give you an idea of what I'm talking about :) xo,e

                       

                      starfish.jpgstarfish 2.jpg

                       

                       




                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users