Hi!

We have booked our travel.  We went with an agent that uses Apple Vacations.  We put her info on our invitations so our guests could use her if they wanted.  I left it up to them.  Rates are higher then we want but it's b/c of Spring break and Easter.  I'm a teacher so we had to have the wedding during my Spring break and didn't want to risk the Summer with hurricanes and stuff.  I was getting really stressed about the traveling and pricing but then just decided that I can't do anything about it and the people who are going to come will come and thats it haha.  I mean every time I get a NO reply I feel bad b/c I wish they could be there but like I said I can't do anything about it.  We didn't do a group rate b/c there were SO many limitations it seemed.  We didn't want to make people leave on a certain day to get there or to go home.  Hopefully everything works out in the end!!

So I was wondering about only having 1 dinner option.  What did Karla tell you??  I would def like to give an option but didn't include it in the invitation. 

What are you doing for flowers and all the other details??

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's funny because we chose April 6th due to the fact that spring break would be over by then! Guess it is at different times depending on where you live.

For the menu options, Karla had sent me the choices and I didn't really like any of them so I asked her if there were any other possibilities. She then said we could go with the Steakhouse menu instead and then sent me the menu from there. That menu had 3 options and I chose 2 of them and gave my guests the choices. I did that by incorporating the meal options under the rsvp section of our web site. As I mentioned before, we have to make a seating chart which shows where each person will be sitting and also what entree they selected. We also ave to do place cards with names on one side and entree choice on the other side.

We actually got a much better deal by doing the group rate than we would have by booking on our own. It was about $400 less per person than the prices that are currently posted online.

As for the flowers, Karla had sent me some photos of sample bouquets, bouteniers, corsages etc. Once again they were not what I wanted so I did some searching online to find a photo of what I had in mind. I then emailed that photo to Karla and asked her if they could do it. She said they could get it very close but if I wanted cala lillies (they were in the photo) then that would be an extra charge as calla lillies are one of the flowers that are not included in the wedding package. She also gave me suggestions about what we could substitute so that it wouldn't cost extra and we agreed on an alternative. I am also doing the same type of flowers on the archway which will then be moved to the tables at the reception and will be used as centerpieces.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello ladies!

Well, we leave on Sunday!!!!!! Can't believe it's here! It so doesn't feel real yet. 

OMG I'm such a wreck!  We had a death in the family over the weekend.  Our best man just bailed on us yesterday due to financial reasons (understandable but he handled it completely wrong)  Another story for another day.  Oh, and to top it off, the weather forecast shows rain almost every day we're there.  AAAAH!

I'm off all day today so I've been working on last minute tasks and packing of course.  I think we will have 6 suitcases when it's all said and done -- Three for our clothes (combined) and three full of wedding crap!! 

Our favors are maracas which are pretty bulky and cumbersome to pack.  They took up a full suitcase.  Our placecards are starfish -- very breakable and not very space efficient either.   Then all the OOT bag stuff . . . but oh well, that's okay, everything turned out adorable.  If I wasnt on the brink of a meltdown I'd take photos of everything and do a planning thread.  I'm just not that organized apparently :)  I'll try to snap a few photos of everything so I can post when we return. 

I'll definitely give you girls a full review.  Wish us luck!

OMG!!! I am so sorry to hear about the death in the family and also about the best man:( How can someone bail ou with only a few days left? Wouldn't he have had to already pay for his trip??? Anyway, that's not the important thing.... the important thing is that your time has FINALLY come and after all the planning and all the stress you will have an amazing wedding!!! No doubt in my mind! How can it not be amazing???? You are getting married in Mexico with almost 60 people joining you! Rain or no rain this will be the BEST day of your life and you don't need to spend any time worrying about anything else. Enjoy every moment because it will go by so fast and then you will regret it if you don't take it all in and make the best of it. Remember that you only get to do this ONCE so make it as good as can be and everything will all work out! I am so excited for you and I can inly imagine how you must be feeling right now!! Have a fantastic time and be sure to let us know how it all went once you get back.

All the best!!!! Congratulations, you're almost a MRS!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post

Hello ladies!

Well, we leave on Sunday!!!!!! Can't believe it's here! It so doesn't feel real yet. 

OMG I'm such a wreck!  We had a death in the family over the weekend.  Our best man just bailed on us yesterday due to financial reasons (understandable but he handled it completely wrong)  Another story for another day.  Oh, and to top it off, the weather forecast shows rain almost every day we're there.  AAAAH!

I'm off all day today so I've been working on last minute tasks and packing of course.  I think we will have 6 suitcases when it's all said and done -- Three for our clothes (combined) and three full of wedding crap!! 

Our favors are maracas which are pretty bulky and cumbersome to pack.  They took up a full suitcase.  Our placecards are starfish -- very breakable and not very space efficient either.   Then all the OOT bag stuff . . . but oh well, that's okay, everything turned out adorable.  If I wasnt on the brink of a meltdown I'd take photos of everything and do a planning thread.  I'm just not that organized apparently :)  I'll try to snap a few photos of everything so I can post when we return. 

I'll definitely give you girls a full review.  Wish us luck!

Thanks for the dinner menu information.  I'll have to ask Karla about it b/c I def want to give our guests an option.  I wonder how I can get their choice since I didn't include it in the RSVP???  I guess I'll figure it out.

Yeah Karla told me the same thing about the flowers.  I just don't def know what I want.  I think I just want whites and greens so I need to find an example of what I like.  What colors are you doing?  I'm going to try to not have to upgrade b/c I don't want to have to pay haha.  

What are you doing for cocktail hour??  How about your ceremony details??  Welcome bags??

You could always just phone the people who rsvp'd yes and give them the two options and see what they pick.... My flowers are going to be fuschia, lime green and peach (I know it sounds weird but it actually looks really nice in the photo). If you do a google images search for "white and green bouquets" it should bring up lots of options....

We actually are not doing a cocktail hour we are going to be taking pictures with everyone in between the ceremony and the reception instead. Our ceremony will be at 4:15pm on the beach and then dinner at 6:30pm. As for welcome bags I am not sure what I am doing yet.... I don't really want to have to transport a ton of stuff down with me so I am trying to figure out something "smaller" to give to our guests. None of them would be expecting it anyway as I am sure this is probably the first destinatuon wedding that they are going to!

Originally Posted by nucci View Post

Thanks for the dinner menu information.  I'll have to ask Karla about it b/c I def want to give our guests an option.  I wonder how I can get their choice since I didn't include it in the RSVP???  I guess I'll figure it out.

Yeah Karla told me the same thing about the flowers.  I just don't def know what I want.  I think I just want whites and greens so I need to find an example of what I like.  What colors are you doing?  I'm going to try to not have to upgrade b/c I don't want to have to pay haha.  

What are you doing for cocktail hour??  How about your ceremony details??  Welcome bags??

yeah i've been searching flowers and have found a lot i like.  i just cant make a decision whether i want color or not.  it's driving me crazy haha.  i originally wanted everything different shades of whites and creams but then we went with a caspian blue color for my 2 maids of honor.  now i'm thinking either colored flowers or keeping them white will look good.  whatever i'll figure it out i guess haha.

i got an email from karla this morning answering a lot of questions.  she did send me a different menu to choose from so i'll prob do what you said and just start making phone calls soon.  i def like the new menu better!! 

as for welcome bags i think we are going to do small things like chapstick and things like that.  i havent really finalized anything since i'm not ordering until we have a final number.  when are you having people rsvp by??  our date is tomorrow and there are a lot of people who havent sent theirs in yet.  so annoying!!!

our ceremony isnt starting till 5 at the gazebo then we'll do the cocktail hour, which we prob wont get to b/c of pics, and then the reception.  it's included in the package so we figured we might as well do it!

Hi ladies!  I feel like I've flaked out on BDW for awhile!  June 25th is going to be here before I know it!

Lindobride - congrats!!  It's so exciting to see your day is finally here and can't wait to hear all the details :)  I think we joined here right around the same time!

I am almost done with invites - I ended up using Allurements by Rebecca.  I cannot compliment her and her professionalism enough - very easy to work with and very responsive.  She knew exactly what I was looking for with our boarding passes.  They'll be very simple - with chocolate brown wording wth melon, pink, and lime green accents.  If anyone is still looking for invites, I highly recommend her! 

Still debating about switching by package to the "mac daddy" one.  Is that what it's being called now :)  We did the basic package and added on the private reception and cocktail hour.  Is anyone doing a rehearsal dinner the night before?  Our agenda (wow I sound like a dork) was going to be a welcome cocktail hour on Thursday, something on Friday, and the whole shebang on Saturday. 

Big thing to go still are:

• getting invites addressed & mailed
  • shoes, undergarments,& dress alterations (think I'm just doing flip flops)
  • finding outfit for groom, groomsmen, and my dad
  • figuring out flowers
  • outfits for ringbearer and flower girl (I'm leaning towards a tank top and a tutu for her - she'll only be 2)
  • OOT bags
  • figuring out the meal for the reception (I thought we had to do the Italian dinner for the reception, but I'm very excited to hear that there's more options!  Didn't do a food choice on the RSVP card but I'll follow up with everyone that's coming)

Hanna!!...I thought I was the only one on here that decided not to have a wedding party!!! How funny!!!  So many people think I am crazy....

Originally Posted by Hanna20 View Post

Hello,

We are on April 6th at Beach! So far we have 34 people booked (travel arrangements have been the most stressful part of this all)! Our details are as follows:

Dress: has been ordered and is in now but needs to be altered (Iam waiting a bit as I am hoping to get in better shape before altering)

Wedding party: we decided not to have one

Photographer: Vanessa Vargas

Ceremony: On the beach

Reception: Don Alfredo (2 entrees, Karla said we would have to do a seating chart and indictae who ishaving which entree as well as place crads with their entree choice on the back)

Have you started on your travel arrangements? Are you going with a group rate or is everyone booking on their own?