Hanna- Hahaha I'm so glad I'm not the only one freaking out.  To make matters worse I woke up yesterday SO sick!  It's so annoying but I'm pumping meds into my system so hopefully I'll feel better soon.

WOW your flight is going to be so fun with all your guests!!  You guys are going to have a blast and take over the entire plane haha.  I totally get what you're saying about all the last minute things.  That'll be me after this weekend.  We are finishing up our table numbers and place cards now.  I think these will be the last things we do.  Any other ideas aren't getting done.  No one will ever know we wanted them so I'm not stressing myself out anymore!  Oh I also need to make sure I have all my outfits figured out!!

How are you doing all your final payments for everything?  Are you bringing cash, travelers checks, debit cards, etc.?  Did you have Karla email you a breakdown of all your charges?  I asked her about it today so I'm just waiting to hear back from her.  

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did they give you the option to move your location??  I have asked them so many times and stressed how bad I didnt want a completely indoor reception but she keeps telling me this is my only option unless I want to pay extra....

So you ended up paying $8500?!?  What upgrades put you up there??  I am not budgeting that much so this could be a problem!! 

Originally Posted by lisanicole View Post

I got married at the Maya on 11/12/10.  We decided not to do the chair upgrades as it was going to cost us an extra $800.00 (we had 70 guests). The chairs were covered with covers and bows during the ceremony and I think they were fine for the reception.  /We had tables of 8 and 10.We opted to not have our reception at the Jumbalaya. It was very nice there (we had dinner there) but it was completely inside so they moved our private receiption to the Mexican Rest overlooking the pool. I would highly recommend that location if they give you the choice. It is all windows overlooking the pool and we had the little private balacony with tables where our guest could sit outside. We also had the highest package and I believe not including photographer and DJ with all the extras we ended up paying 8500.00 in total.

Hi All,

All of this reading has been so informative. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences/comments with everyone.

Erin, Thanks for sharing your wedding rehearsal dinner story. I was a little unsure of doing a wedding rehearsal/dinner but now that I read your story I am definitely going to do it. The only thing is we will definitely have to keep the dinner strictly wedding party and parents. We have about 50 guests coming to the wedding so the Japanese restaurant will not be able to seat everyone at once. Question about the salon? How was your experience there? I think I am going to be sending my BM's there to get their hair done. Were the people nice? Were they accomodating to your suggestions?

Also to anyone who is getting married soon, I have been trying to get in touch with DJ Doremixx for the past few days but he is not responding to any of my emails..Have any of you been in touch with him recently? I too have him booked for my wedding in July :)

We really did not get that many upgrades. We had to pay for an additional 59 people for the wedding, cocktail hour and welcome reception. That ended up being alot. We also had to pay the fee for not using their photographer (even though we used them as videographer).   We got a cigar roller which was extra.    Lilly did do an amazing job and all my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

I emailed Lilly before going down and stated that I had 70 guests coming down and staying at the hotel, I was paying additional money on top of the 5000 for 59 of them to eat and I did not want my wedding reception inside with no scenery or windows.   I stated I wanted my reception at the Mexican (a girl on here had told me they allowed her to do this). Lilly said okay.

I totally sent her an email already..haha...the only thing that stinks is that I made brochures that say the reception is at the Jambalya and they are already mailed, BUT I dont care - word will spread that the location changed, or I can blast an email...thanks so much - I had begged her so many times to have it somewhere else - do you have any pics of your wedding/reception you can share??  It helps calm my nerves and lets me know it will all work out...haha...ALSO, I am thinking of skipping the welcome cocktail ...its so stupid to pay for it...if I have all 60 of my guests meet in the lobby bar, we will take it over and that will be our welcom cocktail - what do you think?!?  1 more question (i swear, thats it)....you had to pay extra per person for the wedding AND cocktail hour??  like I have to pay $6/pp/ph for 2 of the hours of my 4 hour reception AND extra for the cocktail hour?  Why wouldnt I just send my guests to the bar in the lobby for an hour for free drinks?  I may sound totally cheap but this is all adding up and we didnt have all this "privacy" at my sisters destination wedding and it worked out just fine so that is why I am thinking of skipping this stuff....

We really did not get that many upgrades. We had to pay for an additional 59 people for the wedding, cocktail hour and welcome reception. That ended up being alot. We also had to pay the fee for not using their photographer (even though we used them as videographer).   We got a cigar roller which was extra.    Lilly did do an amazing job and all my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

I emailed Lilly before going down and stated that I had 70 guests coming down and staying at the hotel, I was paying additional money on top of the 5000 for 59 of them to eat and I did not want my wedding reception inside with no scenery or windows.   I stated I wanted my reception at the Mexican (a girl on here had told me they allowed her to do this). Lilly said okay.

I totally sent her an email already..haha...the only thing that stinks is that I made brochures that say the reception is at the Jambalya and they are already mailed, BUT I dont care - word will spread that the location changed, or I can blast an email...thanks so much - I had begged her so many times to have it somewhere else - do you have any pics of your wedding/reception you can share??  It helps calm my nerves and lets me know it will all work out...haha...ALSO, I am thinking of skipping the welcome cocktail ...its so stupid to pay for it...if I have all 60 of my guests meet in the lobby bar, we will take it over and that will be our welcom cocktail - what do you think?!?  1 more question (i swear, thats it)....you had to pay extra per person for the wedding AND cocktail hour??  like I have to pay $6/pp/ph for 2 of the hours of my 4 hour reception AND extra for the cocktail hour?  Why wouldnt I just send my guests to the bar in the lobby for an hour for free drinks?  I may sound totally cheap but this is all adding up and we didnt have all this "privacy" at my sisters destination wedding and it worked out just fine so that is why I am thinking of skipping this stuff....

Argh!  I had two wedding nightmares the past couple of nights!  One being my dress got lost and I had to wear a long blue flowered dress and borrow my mom's black Crocs! 

I'm trying to get some ducks in a row so I can really start nailing down final details.  I am losing my mind about what documentation is needed if you are doing a non-legal/blessing ceremony.  I looked back at my paperwork from Karla, searched on here, and still can't seem to find it.  I found what's needed for the legal ceremony.  Can anyone help me :)

Thanks ladies :)

Kelly

As far as DJ doremixx I had to email a few times to hear back initially, but that was before I booked him.. haven't tried recently. 

Question for the summer brides.. Are you guys on the beach for the ceremony??  I had thought we still wanted the beach.. it is a short ceremony and ours isn't until 5pm.. but that gazebo looks gorgeous too!

I see a lot of weddings are coming up!  Best of luck everybody!!