who will walking me down the aisle

Fotini

soo this is something i have been thinking about a lot lately...because i'm really at a lose. I know other ladies have had similar situations.

Up until recently i just thought i would walk down the aisle by myself, but considerign how emotional i've been getting at weddings lately, i may need someone there to steady me.

I may have mentioned this before, but both of my parents have passed away. And had my wedding been here in NY there is an uncle that was very close with my dad that would have been the natural choice. But he is older now and sick, so he wont be making the trip.

then in greece there is my mother's brother, who is also sick(he had a kidney transplant 20 yrs ago) and his health changes week to week. so he may not be able to make the 1/2 hr flight....but even if he was ok, we havent really had the best relationship.. better over the last couple of years, but not

then there is my cousin...since my parents we older when they had me, i am the baby in the family, and my cousin is 30 yrs older than me....Actually he is my first cousin's husband, I grew up hanging out with them...although he has been around, not exactly parental.

but even still it just feels wrong to have anyone else walk me down the aisle, almost like a betrayal to thier memory.. i know this is silly, but i can help feeling that...But in the same turn that like i said before i may just need someone next to me

Sorry for the long vent... thanks for reading, i just needed to get this out.

-fo

I dont even know exactly what to say, because I can't imagine how you feel right now, but I do think that having someone walk you down the aisle would not betray your parent's memory. I am sure they would want someone to be with you and it sounds like your first cousin's husband is the best choice. If I were you, I would want someone who makes me feel calm and safe, not necessarily a parental figure... you should follow your heart in making the decision, but I know your parents will be there with you...

I think the future hubby would be a great idea too...but also, if you did choose to have someone else or go by yourself...maybe you somehow attach pictures of your parents with your bouquet, so as to feel their presence with you as you walk down the aisle and maybe just having something like that will be enough strength to get you down the aisle?

First let me say that I am so sorry for the loss of both your parents. If you want to honor them is there a person that you think your parents would have wanted you to walk down the aisle with? Think of who they would want you to walk down that aisle with and then pick that person. I don't think you are betraying them in anyway and I think there is no better way to honor their memory than by walking down the aisle with someone you know your parents would be happy with. Does that help at all? If not, then I would walk with your cousin's husband. It seems like you are closest to him and that will probably make you feel comfortable.

Ok I tried to Multi quote, but i wasnt working for me right now.

So thanks for all your kind words ladies...I was thinking about walking with jay, but i kind of like the idea that the first time he will see me will be at the church. While hes waiting up there with his brother.

I know this would be the easiest solution, but i think i'm going to think about it when i get there, and along the lines of what Glenda was saying. My mother would have wanted her brother to do it. So I'll see if he ends up coming.

And so now i have to track down some bouquet frames! I leave a week from today smile41.gif

THanks ladies

I'm going through the same thing. My dad passed away last September and one of the reasons I'm having a DW is to not have to deal with a "traditional" wedding without him here. I was going to walk by myself, but now don't want to. I thought it would be nice to ask my dad's brother to walk me, but I just found out last night that he's not coming (no reason given). I thought I'd be ok, but I got really upset when I heard that. I am definitely using a memory frame and attaching it to my bouquet. As for who's walking me down, it's still up in the air. I don't want to ask someone just to have someone, you know? I want it to be special (though nothing can be as special as your dad in my opinion). This post will probably not help you at all, just wanted to let you know that I'm having the same issue. Hopefully your mom's brother will be able to come. Let us know how it works out!

Wow--that's a tough one. I can see what you mean about wanting him to see you when you come down the isle.

I try to look at it as though it is one family member "offering" you to the new family so it doen't need to be someone who raised you rather a close member of the family.

As far as the frames they have some stuff that will work in the bead section at Michaels.