My DIY Passport Invites!

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#51 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by MellieG 

You are amazing, I wouldn't even know where to start to create something like that! How did you find your travel agent? 

Thanks!!!  I just used a local TA that specializes in DW...there are DW TA's on this site! check them out!

#52 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
    • 286 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Ok, so I ordered the template and I am pretty sure I will be able to complete edits without issues. 

Are there any printing instructiions? 

do you know if the template comes with intructions on how to cut and assemble?

I am having a hard time picturing how I am not going to wind up with blank pages.

I really want to try doing this myself.  We are on a budget...lol

#53 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yes, there are printing instructions AND cutting lines.  I definitely suggest using a paper cutter.  I filled my front and back blank pages with a quote and a thank you note -- you can see that in my pictures.  You'll figure it out!!  Let me know if you need any help!  Good luck!! You'll have the template within a day. Just be aware that with the template, the cover measurements are the same as the pages, so if you want the cover to be a little bigger than the inside pages you'll just have to mess with the outline a little to make them bigger :o) hope that makes sense!

#54 CampbellSoup

CampbellSoup
        • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Yes, there are printing instructions AND cutting lines.  I definitely suggest using a paper cutter.  I filled my front and back blank pages with a quote and a thank you note -- you can see that in my pictures.  You'll figure it out!!  Let me know if you need any help!  Good luck!! You'll have the template within a day. Just be aware that with the template, the cover measurements are the same as the pages, so if you want the cover to be a little bigger than the inside pages you'll just have to mess with the outline a little to make them bigger :o) hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the tips.  I bought the template from Aylee awhile back and I'm working on the design now. I had thought about just designing them and sending them off to get them printed, but this give me a little courage to try the printing myself.

Dreams Palm Beach ~ June 18, 2011 ~ Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#55 jszy10

jszy10
          • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

I was worried about printing them myself too, but if you put them on the printer's best setting, they really do come out fine.

#56 Mslite

Mslite
            • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Orange is my favorite color and they came out fantastic..great job. I love them.

#57 elisamarie

elisamarie
              • 222 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

great job! Thanks for posting this - I'll definitely have to look at Vistaprint for the reply postcards.

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#58 marebear

marebear
                • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi!

I love the passport invitations. I am planning to do the same for my destination wedding coming up. Did you manually cut all of the cardstock with the rounded edges? How did you bind the passports??

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Marianne

#59 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

Thank you! For corners I purchased a basic corner round punch at AC Moore.  You can buy them at any craft store.  I bound the pages with a ZIG brand glue pen, and the pages to the cardstock with a card making glue (it was stronger than the zig pen for holding better).  Let me know if you have any other questions!

#60 N&J2011

N&J2011
                    • Banned
                    • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

These invites look absolutely amazing. Inspiring indeed!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users