• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 Backy

Backy
  • 171 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

thank you! love the orange color, so sunny and bright :)

#222 DeeP10

DeeP10
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

I am so excited to share my DIY Passport Invites!!  With help from SO many girls on this forum, and Aylee Bits $10 template -- http://www.ayleebits...ation-template/ -- I am finally ready to put them together and send them out!  I used an orange metallic cardstock from Joann's for the cover and a thicker high-grade printer paper for the inside pages.  I used VistaPrint to create my free reply postcards!  Feel free to ask ANY questions!! The $10 template was the best money I ever spent!! I was thinking about finishing it off with a ribbon around the bind?? I've seen that done a lot and think it makes a nice finishing touch.  What do you think? DSC00613.JPG DSC00616copy.jpg DSC00619.JPG DSC00623copy.jpg DSC00626copy.jpg DSC00629.JPG DSC00632.JPG

Awesome job!!! My colors too. Will have to look into this. Was there alot of waste? I have to make about 60 of them , will I die? Lol. How much would you say it cost p/ invite. I wa Thanks for sharing!

#223 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thanks!  I didn't think there was much waste at all!  I would say I probably spent $1 or less per invite!!

I really only bought a few pack of cards and the template.  The paper we already had!!

Good luck.  It IS quite a bit of work, but totally worth it!!  These things sell for $5-8 per invite if you have them made!

#224 DeeP10

DeeP10
      • 270 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Thanks!  I didn't think there was much waste at all!  I would say I probably spent $1 or less per invite!! I really only bought a few pack of cards and the template.  The paper we already had!! Good luck.  It IS quite a bit of work, but totally worth it!!  These things sell for $5-8 per invite if you have them made!

Ohhhh, so you actually printed on Orange cards? I thought it was card stock that you folded, Cool Thanks

#225 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

You could buy cardstock and cut too!  I did actually find a set (maybe of 6?) of these blank orange cards, and I just trimmed them a bit to represent a passport size vs. a regular card size.  Then I fed them through the printer!

#226 cocoluv

cocoluv
          • 177 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

Very nice.... Thanks for the info... Truly appreciate it...

#227 MrzzMel

MrzzMel
            • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

These are great you did a fab job. Thanks for sharing!

#228 Tbasgall

Tbasgall
              • 152 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Great job! Your guests will love these.

#229 nettybon

nettybon
                • 153 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 4, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Punta Cana
                • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

thanks for sharing!

#230 kay2015

kay2015
                • 222 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

I am so excited to share my DIY Passport Invites!!  With help from SO many girls on this forum, and Aylee Bits $10 template -- http://www.ayleebits...ation-template/ -- I am finally ready to put them together and send them out!  I used an orange metallic cardstock from Joann's for the cover and a thicker high-grade printer paper for the inside pages.  I used VistaPrint to create my free reply postcards!  Feel free to ask ANY questions!! The $10 template was the best money I ever spent!! I was thinking about finishing it off with a ribbon around the bind?? I've seen that done a lot and think it makes a nice finishing touch.  What do you think? DSC00613.JPG just beautiful DSC00616copy.jpg DSC00619.JPG DSC00623copy.jpg DSC00626copy.jpg DSC00629.JPG DSC00632.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users