Jennie0521's Planning Thread ***DIY invitations on pg 1, more planning photos on pg 3***

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

I love your invites!  Thanks for sharing!

#22 Jennie0521

• 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

So we are leaving tomorrow morning to go to Playa del Carmen so I figured I would update this planning journal with my completed DIY things and a few things that I have bought. So excited.

So here is are my DIY things. I love the way the bags have turned out.

The maracas I ordered from Amols. They were great to deal with. I was in touch with a lady there through email who go the estimated shipping cost to Canada for me and I told her I wanted just turquoise, and when they arrived they were perfect. Very happy with these. I am going to place them on the table for people to take as their wedding favors.

I really wanted to do travel mugs for everyone, and wanted to get the ones with the removable sleeve, but could not find any where I am from and it was too late to order them, so I found these for an amazing price and just bought some clear labels and put everyones name on there mug.

I had purchased just a plain ol' pack of playing cards to put in the OOT bag but I was sitting around one night and figured I would try to customize them a little. I think they are too cute!!

Just a welcome booklet I done. The first page has a letter from us thanking everyone for coming, the second page has our wedding day schedule, page 3 is info about a account we set up on Shutterfly for everyone to share their photos, page 4-5 has a map of the resort, page 6-7 is info about the restaurants and bars, and the last page are a few fun spanish sayings. I couldn't find a long reach stapler so the twine worked perfectly and added a beachy feel.

Here are my wedding weekend survival kits. They include:

Chapstick with spf

Hand sanitizer

Moist wipes

2 Tide to go packets for hand washing items

And here are the bags. I purchased the turquoise bags earlier this year and was going to use them but then I came across these other bags the other week and they were perfect so I am just going to throw in the turquoise bag for a beach bag for everyone.

I loved this idea when I saw it on here, I just had to do it.

Here is our cake topper I purchased from Micheals.

And this is the cake we chose from the Royal but they are doing just the 2 smaller layers and in the Tres Leches flavor. Can't wait.

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#23 Jennie0521

• 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

Here are some of the other details.

This is the grooms bout, comes standard from the resort.

This is similar to the bouquet that I ordered. I is just going to be all calla lillies though with turquoise ribbon around the stems and the bridesmaids will be the same just a bit smaller.

These are my bridesmaid dresses. Love them, I love the fact that it is something they can wear again and it is super light.

I don't have a pic of the boys outfits but they are just wearing light grey linen pants with a white cotton shirt, and I found white and grey flip flops at Aldo for them for the reception.

This is the only pic I have of my dress right now and it is from the first dress shopping trip so it doesn't fit quite right, but I love it. It fits perfectly now. It is so light and flowy, but yet modern, I fell in love when I put it on.

These are my cute shoes. A friend picked them up for me in NYC at express. Just comfy flats for the reception, going bare foot for the ceremony. What else would you do on a beach!

Here are my garters I ordered from itsmyday on etsy.com. Jori was a pleasure to work with. And I totally love them.

I wanted a splash of color with my jewelry but nothing too bold, my bridesmaid/sister-in-law found this for me, it is perfect.

And I think I will either be wearing these or a pair of diamond studs that the fiance gave me 2 christmas ago.

And here are our wedding bands.....Love it. I think I love everything...lol

Anyways guys I am off tomorrow. Will post photos and a review once I return. Just wanted to say thanks for all the amazing ideas and helpful advice I have found on this site. It has been a life saver. Thanks again and I will talk to you all when I am a MRS!!!!!!

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#24 acireta

• Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

LOVE your OOT bags! Wow! very cohesive.

Have a great trip!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#25 Avelyad

• 156 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

Very nice! I love your original ring and I think the earring you posted complement them nicely! Have a great time

#26 latinive

• 179 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Everything looks awesome.  Have a great trip and a wonderful wedding!!

#27 SweetLe

• 97 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

Everything looks great! Hope your big day is wonderful! I love your ring and band too. Very unique.

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
              Royal Playa del Carmen
              20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#28 baileybutton

• 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful wedding!!

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#29 DramaticAnnie

• 281 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

So awesome to see another Canadian bride all set and ready!! Good luck, God Bless and Congratulations! Everything looks amazing, and turquoise is my main wedding color too so I loved seeing your dresses/bracelet everything turquoise! We are almost-kinda-sorta-not-really date twins, I am getting married April 28th, but next year, 2012!

Have fun and again, congratulations!

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                  ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#30 kris9685

• 173 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Your e-ring is amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users