Photo

Palace resorts "free" wedding package?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 amh777

amh777
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

Has anyone used the Palace resorts free wedding package and liked it?  I dont really like any of their colors, so I was thinking of buying my own chair bows in my colors and maybe buying a few flowers there.... but maybe not... Is the free wedding package super plain? I'm thinking of Beach Palace, but I know that Moon Palace seems to be the more popular.

#2 katrina305

katrina305
    • 91 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

I am using the free wedding package because none of the colors they offer match my bridesmaids and I actually think white looks better and I am just going to add color with flowers on the huppa and in the isle.  here are two pics from a wedding when I was down there..this is VERY plain

wedding.jpg38758_1582115992325_1218467509_1685096_5118026_n.jpg

#3 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
      • 545 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Katrina, where were you married?

i've just come back from the MP and used the free package, i would advise everyone to do the same! you can as much or as little as you want to it! do it!

a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#4 katrina305

katrina305
        • 91 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

I am getting married July 2011 at the Cancun Palace.  I just went down to Cancun Palace for 6 days for a visit and there were 2 weddings while I was there. The other one was the Amber collection, I'll post pics later.  I am doing the free package also.

#5 amh777

amh777
          • 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

Phew! The free package is still nice looking! 

Katrina- which resort are you getting married @ and where are the pix from? Moon Palace? Where are you planning to get the flowers from? Or will you be bringing silk ... I dont think its really gonna bother me much to just throw some chair bows on there that match my colors of lime, magenta and fuschia. I'm really trying to go low on the decorations and splurge for an outside Mexican photographer... ohhh how beautiful Del Sol pix are, but there is NO WAY I can spend that much.

#6 skadow

skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

I kind of want to do the free package ,but the FI wants the purple one. An extra 2300 we dont have to pay would make the total of our trip very reasonable.

#7 amh777

amh777
              • 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

I'm with you Skadow... seems like $2300 doesnt really get you THAT much more (of things that are important to me anyway...) and I think I would rather spend that money on a better photographer and TTD session.

#8 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
                • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Girls, just an FYI, you can use the $1500 vacation dollars on the Collection Packages (Amber, Diamond, Sapphire, etc...). You need to specify this with your WC BEFORE signing the contract and from what I understand, it has to be all or nothing...you can't use part of the Vacation Dollars. I am confirming this with my WC, because this is just information I gathered from BDW. It may help in terms of what you are getting for your money...

#9 katrina305

katrina305
                  • 91 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

Also, if you book your room through a member, the member gets 20% off the wedding package.

#10 skadow

skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by katrina305 

Also, if you book your room through a member, the member gets 20% off the wedding package.

I dont really get being a Palace Resort Member thing....Do you pay to be in it? Is it a timeshare thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users