Welcome dinner in Negril

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Meitra

Meitra
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to figure out where to have our welcome dinner the Thursday night before our Saturday wedding.  We're getting married on the cliffs, so I'd like to have a welcome dinner on the beach. 

My questions are: (1) Where did you have your welcome dinner; (2) how much did it cost, (3) what's your review of it.  If you are planning one but have not had it yet, please let me know where, how much, and why you chose it.

Thanks!!!!

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#2 L&J

L&J
    • 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Our wedding is on the cliffs in Negril and we are planning to have a rehearsal dinner on the beach.  We are having it at the Seawind Resort (http://www.seawindre...-restaurant.htm) .  They are setting up tables and a dinner buffet on the beach. We are also having a reggae band and bonfire. I think its a great way for guests to see the beach because the rest of our wedding events will be on the cliffs. My FMIL is paying for the dinner so I can't tell you the specific price but she said they were very reasonably priced.  She is also arranging to have a local company transport all our guests to and from the dinner and I think she negotiated that to around $5 per person.

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#3 Jamaica Guru

Jamaica Guru
      • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

I would recommend Seasplash Resort. They are right on the beach and have great dining areas.

#4 Meitra

Meitra
        • 249 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Thanks ladies, I will definitely check them both out.  Ideally we'd like a very casual event.  Keep the ideas coming!!

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#5 L&J

L&J
          • 153 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:03 AM

If you want to go really casual, there is a great jerk restaurant called 3 Dives.  It's not on the beach but has a large outside seating area and a great view from the cliffs.  We are actually having a welcome "bbq" at one of the villas at our resort and catering all the food from 3 Dives.  

3 Dives link:  http://www.maherconsulting.com/3dives/

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users