Photo

Newbie - Jamaica 2012

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 kurlyks

kurlyks
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:51 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! You'll find so much great advice here!

May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

#22 sarahfina

sarahfina
    • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Shawna,

Congrats on the engagement.

I just got married on 5/29 at the Riu Tropical Bay Palace in Negril, 4pm wedding.

It was a great day and we couldn't have phoned in better weather...which knowing how often there are afternoon storms.

We had a total of 72 guest, which is HUGE for a destination wedding, a number of my husbands friends are still single (not married) so they traveled down and then we had a good amount of relatives there as well.

We had it at the Riu as we had kids who would be attending so it needed to allow children.  But there were VERY few children other than the 6 w/our party, so that was good.

We had a fantastic photographer Devon Shaw of Jamaican Wedding Photographers, www.jamaiciaweddingphotos.com.  He did a great job and they have a great cost for what I got.  5 hrs, they gave us a book w/many of the pictures (probably 200) and then a CD w/all the pictures so we could print them ourselves.  And we have a website, for a year I believe w/our pictures. 

The destination thing, is definitely a way more laid back way to have a wedding and our whole crew had a fantastic time...couldn't have been better (well if all of my family attended).

Best of luck to you.

Sarah

#23 82turtles

82turtles
      • 297 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

Congrats and happy planning!

#24 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

MarieSamSanchezPhoto
        • Moderators
        • 123 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!!! The BDW forum is like gold while you're planning your wedding so you've come to the right place 

MARIESAM SANCHEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
          BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
          CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

063cb5c8-dbda-4822-87fe-ba3c0ebcdb7f.jpg

#25 slandro06

slandro06
          • 153 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

Welcome and happy planning!! :)

#26 laurar4444

laurar4444
            • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:48 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I am new too and have already found this forum extremely useful!  I am getting married at Riu Montego Bay in June 2012.  This resort allows children and is not far from the airport.

#27 laurar4444

laurar4444
              • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Did the Riu charge you to bring in an outside vendor?  If so how much was that?

Originally Posted by sarahfina 

Shawna,

Congrats on the engagement.

I just got married on 5/29 at the Riu Tropical Bay Palace in Negril, 4pm wedding.

It was a great day and we couldn't have phoned in better weather...which knowing how often there are afternoon storms.

We had a total of 72 guest, which is HUGE for a destination wedding, a number of my husbands friends are still single (not married) so they traveled down and then we had a good amount of relatives there as well.

We had it at the Riu as we had kids who would be attending so it needed to allow children.  But there were VERY few children other than the 6 w/our party, so that was good.

We had a fantastic photographer Devon Shaw of Jamaican Wedding Photographers, www.jamaiciaweddingphotos.com.  He did a great job and they have a great cost for what I got.  5 hrs, they gave us a book w/many of the pictures (probably 200) and then a CD w/all the pictures so we could print them ourselves.  And we have a website, for a year I believe w/our pictures. 

The destination thing, is definitely a way more laid back way to have a wedding and our whole crew had a fantastic time...couldn't have been better (well if all of my family attended).

Best of luck to you.

Sarah

#28 lmarie

lmarie
                • 211 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hi Sarah,I'm new to the site and trying to decide on an affordable photographer.  How far in advance did you book Devon Shaw? Do you know if he will travel to different locations  in Jamacia or does he just do a select few resorts?

Thanks

#29 Espejo2be

Espejo2be
                  • 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hello,
                    My name is Sarah. My FI and I got engaged in June and were planning a Newfoundland wedding but decided seeing our families were from opposit ends of the country that we'd meet somewhere in the middle... we're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - Runaway Bay on August 8th, 2011!!

Welcome everyone, happy planning!!! :)

#30 sweetness

sweetness
                    • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Welcome -Happy Planning !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users