Sign in to follow this  
AshleyL

I HATE my TA Rant

So I just sent out all of my invitations like a month ago. Before sending them I contacted my Travel Agent to verify all the dates/deposits/etc.

I verified that my guests had until January 5th to pay for their trip in full, as long as they have a deposit down by October 28th...

Well my TA just emails me the invoice to sign and fax back and it says - all guests must be paid in full by November 30th. WTF?!?! So now what do I do? Most of my guests are on fixed incomes and have to budget each payment, and need all the time they can get to pay it. Am I supposed to now send them a notice telling them, hey you actually need to be paid over a month sooner than originally budgeted for?

This is the last in a long line of things she has screwed up and I really regret booking with her. She has no idea about Destination Weddings or group bookings, and she never answers my questions properly. So my question is - should I see if I can use another TA within the company or ask to speak to her manager or what? I feel trapped with this right now, and I'm worried that if she is this bad, everyone else at her company will be too.

HELP!

Me personally, i would go with another TA. There must be other TA's in your area or you can use a TA from the forum who knows about Destination Weddings and group bookings. But i wouldn't stress anymore about the TA you have now, just fire her. I'm sure another TA would love to help you and all of your guests as well.

Definitely contact her manager and have prepared all of the things she has messed up and demand that you have a competent TA assigned to you. You should not have to stay with her if you are unhappy with her services.

Ouuuu, idk. I would definitely talk to her manager then and asap.

Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

Can I just switch though when we already put down our deposits with her?

I'd talk to her manager.  It's frustrating dealing with TA's, mine said the dates were confirmed, so I did up the invitations beacuse she said we were good, then the day I got htem back the dates changed!  And she was going to recharge me to print the cards when she said the date was confirmed.  Then two weeks later it went back to the original date, but still. 

Everyone in our trip has to pay by Nov 16th!  So I feel your pain!  But beacuse of the resort me and my FI picked for the honeymoon we have to have ours paid by the 16th!  In a few days our trip will be totally paid for, hurray!!!  Well not off the credit card, hahahaa.

So she just emailed me back this morning and agreed to extend to January 5th. Whew I'm so relieved! Akua where are you staying for your honeymoon? We are thinking of staying an extra week too, but haven't decided where yet.

We're staying at Couples San Souci, I am so excited!  It looks super romantic, and a lot of people from the wedding are staying 2 weeks so I want alone time for me and FI  We have to pay for transportation between resorts, so its pretty close to the Bahia.  We got a way better price quote then anywhere else, the couples negril was going to be almost $2000 more! 

Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

So she just emailed me back this morning and agreed to extend to January 5th. Whew I'm so relieved! Akua where are you staying for your honeymoon? We are thinking of staying an extra week too, but haven't decided where yet.