Photo

A Wedding without Bridesmaids or Groomsmen?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Monique

Monique
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

Is it P.C. to have them or can we forego the torture session and skip this part all together?  We don't want to inconvenience/trouble anyone (considering it's already a DW) and out of the many weddings I have been apart of or know of there has always been some "Bridesmaid Drama". 

So when people ask who my bridesmaids are and I say "we aren't having any" I get the deer in the head-lights look! Am I wrong? My friends don't seem too offended or at least they haven't said it to my face!  How many of you are foregoing this tradition?

#2 SDSteph

SDSteph
    • 812 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

We are not having any bridesmaids or groomsman for the same reason that you mentioned.  We thought about putting a little note in the packing list that states something cute and funny about everyone being in our wedding party.  ha ha but have not really put much thought into that yet. 

We just wanted to keep everything really simple and not leave anyone out.

Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#3 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

We are not having a bridal party and for the reasons you mentioned. A DW is expensive enough; I didn't want to add to that by having extra costs to be in the wedding. I also don't want the drama or the extra decisions. We both felt it was easier on every one this way.

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#4 Whitewave

Whitewave
        • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

We're not either.  We wanted something small and intimate, without the hassle of assigning roles or making people pay more money than they have to.   I think I've had to explain this to my mom about 20 times already, and each time she acts like it's the first time she's heard it!

#5 Norma83

Norma83
          • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

We aren't having a wedding party either.  All we're having is my Matron of Honor and Best Man.  Like you, we didn't want to trouble anyone and we wanted to keep it simple as well.  I don't think you are wrong at all.  I guess you get the "deer in the headlight" look cause they might be used to the "traditional" wedding party.  If your friends don't seem offended by it, then I wouldn't worry about it. 

#6 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I would love to forego this tradition if I could, as I have already experienced enough BM drama. I say skip the whole process if you can. Who cares what ppl think, its your wedding, you can do whatever you like. If your friends aren't offended then don't worry yourself.

#7 Monique

Monique
              • 415 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Whitewave 

We're not either.  We wanted something small and intimate, without the hassle of assigning roles or making people pay more money than they have to.   I think I've had to explain this to my mom about 20 times already, and each time she acts like it's the first time she's heard it!

LOL...Surprisingly my mom hasn't said much about that. My grandmothers the one who has something to say about the whole DW experience and that we're having such a small intimate ceremony...Easy Breezy is the only way for us!

#8 eholt

eholt
                • 528 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

We are not having a wedding party and I am oh-so happy!  My FI was in two weddings last summer and vowed that he would never do that to his friends!  Tee hee!  Of course I don't mind and we are moving forward.  We did have a little cousin ask if she could be the flower girl and I said sure!  She's 6!  Her mom later informed me that she would not be attending!

May 19, 2011
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                  Montego Bay, Jamaica
                  http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#9 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
                  • 265 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Were only have a MOH and BM as were only have total 15 people that includes us. Even when I thought we might have a little more like 25 or 30 I still just wanted it small but even if I was having a wedding at home I think I would only have about 3 or 4 I never wanted a big bridal party and although my older sister was mad and I didnt care (mostly because its my twin that I chose, and she's always had a problem with our relationship). I told her i need someone in the audience haha. But I think if you dont want anyone dont because if you do just to make other people happy you wont be happy and thats when trouble starts.

#10 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
                    • 235 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

Were not having a wedding party.  We anticipate only about 8 people coming anyway.  I agree with your reasoning.

~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users