Photo

Different Bridesmaid Gifts

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gonnabmrsg

gonnabmrsg
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

I know there's a lot of posts on gifts, but I had a "unique" epiphany and am curious to get some feedback. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to get my special ladies. I want to get them something nice but we're on a budget and we are already covering  their all-inclusive fees for the three days they'll be there (pluss the husband of the married one), basically doubling our wedding bill. I found champagne flutes at Tiffany's for $15 and was thinking about giving them to each girl with a letter about the many things we'll be celebrating together as we continue our lives together. You're all full of great ideas; what do you ladies think? Should I give one or two? Would this be something you'd like to receive or would it seem random?  Thanks!

#2 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

I think that sounds fine!!!  I honestly think paying for their all-inclusive fees for three days is a gift all in itself!! So to me, anything else is above and beyond.

#3 Barbaracopeland

Barbaracopeland
      • Site Supporter
      • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

I think that sounds great! I agree with Jessica though, the real gift is you covering the expenses, anything else is a wonderful bonus!

With that said, if you're going to do it, I think it should be 2 instead of 1. That way they can use them when they have a fancy date night, one seems a bit sad.

#4 josietoms

josietoms
        • 765 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

I think this is a lovely idea and may even steal it :-))))))

Having said that I would give them a pair of glasses xx

Josie x

#5 gonnabmrsg

gonnabmrsg
          • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

LOL! I didn't even think about one glass feeling "sad," but I think you're right. I'm going to scoop these up. Thanks guys!

#6 hzak1203

hzak1203
            • 177 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

I think covering all of their fees is a very nice gift and the flutes would be above and beyond.  If you do the flutes you should by a pair which makes it more expensive and possibly out of your budget. 

#7 jaccat15

jaccat15
              • 196 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

covering everyone's fee's is amazing - we are only covering the maid of honor's hotel and then giving the rest of the bridesmaids extra gifts in their welcome bags - i got cute beach cover-ups from victorias secret, jeweled flip flops from jcrew and little straw beach cosmetic bags.

for the groomsmen, my fiance paid for all of their outfits for the ceremony since it was specific - white linen shirts and navy linen pants.

#8 smille50

smille50
                • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

I think covering everyone's hotel arrangements is enough.

#9 LovesJakeyPoo

LovesJakeyPoo
                  • 160 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Wow I wish I could cover my bridesmaids accommodations! lol i have 6 ouch! I think you doing that is awesome enough but I understand the need to  stick to tradition and get them something extra!

#10 JayKay

JayKay
                    • 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

I wish I could cover the cost of my bridesmaids, but its just not possible.  What a great idea though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users