they came out awesome
My DIY Message in a bottle invites are finally done!
Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:27 PM
Thanks everybody for the nice compliments! To answer the questions you have asked:
- How long did it take and how many did I make? It took a LONG time, but my fiance was a huge help. We made 125 and it probably took about 12 hours, but we did a few things at a time over a couple days so it didn't seem so bad.
- How much was shipping? It was expensive...$2.27 per invitation. But, we handed out as many as we could to friends and family so we saved quite a bit that way.
- Did I use plastic or glass bottles? We used glass, they just seemed nicer, although plastic would be cheaper to mail, I think!
- How did I ship them without breaking? The boxes they come with are very sturdy and the bottles fit tightly inside.
- Where did I get the burnt paper? I didn't....I bought parchment paper and burned all the edges myself (it took forever!) and set them out for a few days so the burn smell could go away before we rolled them and put them in the bottles.
Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:58 PM
They look awesome! I like the burnt look around the edges of the paper.
Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:40 AM
I like this....i may use it once i can download templates
Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:30 PM
wow! did you glue the card stock to the bottle and how much was shipping approximately?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users