Brazilian Blowout or Keratin Complex Hair Treatment?

rosieposie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I've heard are great things about the BB so far!  It just seems there would have to be something negative?!?!  Well, I guess thats the price!!

Sounds like I'll have to test it out!  It will probably be about 4 weeks from now, but I'll definitely let you girls know how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!

I'm a hairstylist and we are CONSTANTLY doing Brazilian Blowouts in our salon because of its diversity!All hair textures have different degree of relaxation of the curl but all results are smooth completely frizz free which is PERFECT for a destination wedding. I have semi-wavy hair, that just tends to POOF when I blowdry it so it requires a flat iron...when I got the brazilian blowout all i had to do was round brush the top because it did get too flat but thats a WHOOOLE lot easier than having to do the entire thing and flat iron as well! . I would actually recommend getting it done about 1 month before your wedding and after your haircolor as well because it will hold your hair color in longer as well and protect it from sun damage and fading.

Originally Posted by Valentine_Baby View Post

or maybe i'm having a really off day and didn't realize that Keratin Treatment was the straightening? LOL

these keratin treatments will not permantly straighten your hair.

they last about 2-6 months (depending on the brand, & washing/coloring)

they will straighten your hair to a certain degree depending on your degree of curl, so even if your hair doesn't straighten completly it makes it soo much easier to do so, w/out the frizz and possible rivertion when you get in humidty.

If you want PERMANENT straightening i recommend a relaxer or Yuko japanese straightening, but beware or coloring your hair afterwards because it causes a considerable amount of damage.

Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post

Hi Ladies!

I'm a hairstylist and we are CONSTANTLY doing Brazilian Blowouts in our salon because of its diversity!All hair textures have different degree of relaxation of the curl but all results are smooth completely frizz free which is PERFECT for a destination wedding. I have semi-wavy hair, that just tends to POOF when I blowdry it so it requires a flat iron...when I got the brazilian blowout all i had to do was round brush the top because it did get too flat but thats a WHOOOLE lot easier than having to do the entire thing and flat iron as well! . I would actually recommend getting it done about 1 month before your wedding and after your haircolor as well because it will hold your hair color in longer as well and protect it from sun damage and fading.

Jennifer, Thank you so much for the info!  It feels much better hearing this from a hairstylist other than mine, NOT trying to get my money :).  Have you done a BB on fine hair yet?  Are there any additional tips I should make sure my hairstylist should know to do?  Or is it pretty much the same procedure for all hair types?  My hair is already pretty flat at the top, so I can't imagine it could get any flatter??  I just want to get rid of any frizz.

Thank you again for sharing your expertise!

Jaime

thanks!
that's great to know because my hair does get quite frizzy in humid conditions but i don't want it "straight straight" just more manageable.

Originally Posted by cogswellgray View Post

these keratin treatments will not permantly straighten your hair.

they last about 2-6 months (depending on the brand, & washing/coloring)

they will straighten your hair to a certain degree depending on your degree of curl, so even if your hair doesn't straighten completly it makes it soo much easier to do so, w/out the frizz and possible rivertion when you get in humidty.

If you want PERMANENT straightening i recommend a relaxer or Yuko japanese straightening, but beware or coloring your hair afterwards because it causes a considerable amount of damage.

• 4 weeks later...