Sign in to follow this  
Kendall

Groom Wearing Shorts?

I personally wouldn't go for it but I have seen some pictures and they look nice. It's your (and his) wedding. Do what makes you both comfortable. I decided I wanted an all white wedding (with pops of turquoise and orange) and my mom looked at me as if I were crazy or something. But in the end all that matters is what my fiance and myself decide to do.

My FI may wear shorts for the TTD pictures, but for the wedding he is also doing the linen suit...i didn't even care if he was going to wear a jacket but he said he wanted to...so perfect...he can sweat with me!  :)

Personally I think the guys (at my wedding I mean) should be able to wear shorts if they want. We chose a destination wedding because we didn't want to do what was expected...so I figure people including Fiance can do what they like! I tell him all eyes will be on me anyway, so doesn't really matter what you're wearing! lol.

You don't seem thrilled by the idea. I don't love it either but if my fiance wanted to wear shorts, he could totally wear shorts. Let us know what you two decide on!

The GM will look great in that outfit!  My FI said the same thing that yours did...he didn't want to look underdressed standing next to me...who would have thought he could be so fashion concious?!!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I think you can do what you want. My FI has choosen shorts and a short sleeve dress shirt for his GM. But he surprised me by wanting to be dressed up himself, he has choosen a white linen suit! The wedding is as much his, as it is yours. Let him choose what he would like to wear, but maybe draw the line at board shorts LOL! You may be very surprised at what he chooses, I know I was. Here's the photo of the GM clothes. P8120165.jpg

Just received FI and his groomsmen's shorts.  We got them online from JC Penny.  They are really nice, the fabric is almost like linen, very light.  Now to find ivory dress shirts and a coral tie for FI :)

shorts.jpg

My FI also wants to wear shorts and I actually really like him in shorts but likewise I am worried about him looking like "the groom" as I have a fomal dress (yes poofy on the beach!),  I wanted him to wear a vest...vest and shorts could look a little school boyish though!  We are still considering options....  More pics of grooms in shorts?

At first I said no to shorts but the more pictures I saw of other weddings with the guys in shorts I was ok with it.  This is also my FI day and I want him to be comfortable in the heat.  It's the one decison that I am leaving up to him and I know what he wants and I think it will look great. 

This pic is great! I was against shorts before I saw this but now I am converted! Go for it! 

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall View Post

Are any of your fiancee's wearing shorts?

Mine said he'd really like to wear tan shorts and a nice linen button down.  I'm okay with the casual shirt... but will the shorts look stupid when I'm wearing a wedding dress?  Although my dress is simple, it's floor-length. 

Your thoughts? 

He won't look "Stupid" no matter what happens...    I say live a little, have fun after all, you have chosen a non conventional wedding location and if shorts make the guy feel comfortable, live it up. 

Does this bride look stupid?

del_sol_Photography_groomshorts.jpg