Booking a Photog Grand Palladium Bavaro

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JillEBean

JillEBean
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hey there,

I'm a little unsure on how to proceed.  I was hoping to book the resort photog when I got there......do they need more advanced notice than that.  We arrive two days before the wedding.  We only want a handfull of pics and maybe a disc, not a big 2-3K package like most of the ppl here seem to want.  We're getting married at the Grand Palladium Bavaro if that makes a difference.  Really don't wanna have to deal with calling a bunch of places and haggling over prices and packages.  Just want an hour or two's worth of pics. 

Any suggestions you can offer would be great.

#2 mellibelli

mellibelli
    • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

I would ask your wedding planner at the resort. I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium palace and the wedding coordinator sent me a bunch of links for photographers. Not bad prices and a few different packages.

#3 JillEBean

JillEBean
      • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Thank Melli, are you booking one of them in advance or are you just going there and dealing with it then ?  I was looking at Jalu.us and it sounds like their prices are negotiable from the email he sent me.

#4 sarahpukinphotography

sarahpukinphotography
        • Banned
        • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Make sure to check out the actual photographer you will be gettings portfolio.

Not the resort portfolio as you want to know what the person you get will do for you!

I would perhaps consider taking someone with you!

#5 mellibelli

mellibelli
          • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

I emailed the photographer to ask how far in advance to book, he had trouble with english but basically said book anytime. I would organize it before you go down so your not to busy when you get there. You want to be able to relax a bit.

#6 JillEBean

JillEBean
            • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Sarah: I do have someone interested in coming with us to take the pictures but that will cost me about $1500.  Was looking for a more economical solution.

Melli:  I think I'll put that in the Sept-Oct file once I get all the legalization paper work done.

Thank you both for your input.  I'd really be happy with 20-30 pictures and a disc to make my own prints and book once we get back.  Neither one of us enjoys getting our pictures done and enough of our guests will have their own pics to share also.  I know everyone keeps saying that the pictures will last a lifetime.......well I'm sorta hoping my marriage does that too :)

#7 sarahpukinphotography

sarahpukinphotography
              • Banned
              • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

hey jill. thats not a bad price!

how much coverage is this person providing you for that.

most photogs charge 3 grand + for destination weddings!

#8 mellibelli

mellibelli
                • 34 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

when is your wedding?

#9 JillEBean

JillEBean
                  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

Nov 20th.  Now that I've done a little more research I've found a few packages that are much more reasonable.  HDC and Jorge Allecco are the two I'm deciding between.

#10 mellibelli

mellibelli
                    • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

Do you know if they do video too? Our wedding is April 2011 so far all I've done is get my dress. Thanks for those two names I will look into that. I didn't realize there was a few companies who do the photography at the resorts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users