Hey there,

I'm a little unsure on how to proceed.  I was hoping to book the resort photog when I got there......do they need more advanced notice than that.  We arrive two days before the wedding.  We only want a handfull of pics and maybe a disc, not a big 2-3K package like most of the ppl here seem to want.  We're getting married at the Grand Palladium Bavaro if that makes a difference.  Really don't wanna have to deal with calling a bunch of places and haggling over prices and packages.  Just want an hour or two's worth of pics. 

Any suggestions you can offer would be great.

I would ask your wedding planner at the resort. I'm getting married at the Grand Palladium palace and the wedding coordinator sent me a bunch of links for photographers. Not bad prices and a few different packages.

Thank Melli, are you booking one of them in advance or are you just going there and dealing with it then ?  I was looking at Jalu.us and it sounds like their prices are negotiable from the email he sent me.

I emailed the photographer to ask how far in advance to book, he had trouble with english but basically said book anytime. I would organize it before you go down so your not to busy when you get there. You want to be able to relax a bit.

Sarah: I do have someone interested in coming with us to take the pictures but that will cost me about $1500.  Was looking for a more economical solution.

Melli:  I think I'll put that in the Sept-Oct file once I get all the legalization paper work done.

Thank you both for your input.  I'd really be happy with 20-30 pictures and a disc to make my own prints and book once we get back.  Neither one of us enjoys getting our pictures done and enough of our guests will have their own pics to share also.  I know everyone keeps saying that the pictures will last a lifetime.......well I'm sorta hoping my marriage does that too :)

Nov 20th.  Now that I've done a little more research I've found a few packages that are much more reasonable.  HDC and Jorge Allecco are the two I'm deciding between.

Do you know if they do video too? Our wedding is April 2011 so far all I've done is get my dress. Thanks for those two names I will look into that. I didn't realize there was a few companies who do the photography at the resorts.