Photo

Ever get dress guilt?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

Ok, so I'm looking around for a 2nd dress to wear for dinner and dancing -- which I will then wear for TTD the day after our wedding -- and I'm finding beautiful dresses for a fraction of the cost.  Now given, I didn't spend like 10 grand on a dress, but I did spend over 1100 (which where I grew up is pretty unheard of for a dress -- all of my friends and sister in law didn't pay over 500).  As I'm looking at dresses online I said to my FI, "maybe I shouldn't have spent over 1000 for my dress...".  Now of course, we have already paid a $700 deposit and I absolutely love my dress, but part of me is just feeling guilty and kind of stupid for buying a more expensive dress.  Especially one that is more a traditional wedding gown instead of a destination gown.  Anyone else ever feel this way sometimes??? 

I think part of me is a little worried about money and budget too, which doesn't help :o  Butttt...I am wearing it for my ceremony and pictures in Mexico, and again at my AHR...so I'm getting more use than most brides.  Ahhh!! Hate this feeling... :oP

#2 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
    • 276 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

I feel the same way.  My budget was no more than $600 including alterations and everything and I was looking at the classifieds on here, the preowned dress sites, and the ebay knock offs.  I wanted something simple but I ended up putting a 50% deposit on a $900 dress that's pretty big and poofy for Mexico.  I don't want to trash it since it was so pricey and I could try to resell it after, but I also feel guilty about wanting to spend another $100+ on a seperate TTD... arrrgh!

#3 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

I hear you!!!  I can't trash mine because I'm having an AHR that I will be wearing it for...I actually just bought a second dress for $100 that I am going to wear for dinner and dancing (after the ceremony and pictures -- so that I can keep it nice for the AHR) and am going to wear that dress for my TTD the next morning.  I showed a bunch of my girlfriends my dress last night and everyone was raving about how gorgeous it was...I'm starting to feel better :o)

#4 Ayslinn

Ayslinn
        • 200 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

I say it's your wedding day, go for it!!! whatever makes you happy on your day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users