Sign in to follow this  
rebecca_oc

Is Dreams worth the cost?

I'm glad I asked for advice! Thanks everyone!! We are gonna do Dreams, but look into a cheaper option for friends that can't afford it.  I figured those who stay there will have a blast and I'm so excited to start planning!!!!  I do think it's a good price for what you get, just more expensive than some of the other places I have stayed.  Yay Cabo!!

mindy, they are totally different resorts in entirely different parts of mexico.  yes they are under the dreams chain but all the resort do differ in price, management, amenities (like some have a swimmable beach, others do not...some have been more recently renovated, others not...). 

when you are comparing prices, it is critical to compare like for like.  meaning same resort, same room category, same dates of travel, same airfare if that is what is quoted as well. 

to compare rates from 2 different resorts, in 2 different cities, travelling at 2 different times is not that helpful.

i understand your point about dreams being affordable but when you do not make it clear that the rates that you are quoting are for an entirely different resort than what the original poster is asking for it can cause confusion....and i think that is why she was asking where you booked your rates since they are like $150 less than what dreams LOS CABOS is offering.

Originally Posted by mindylcarter View Post

Tammy,

Yes, Yes, and Yes :)

I would not say they are 2 totally different resorts...they are both DREAMS, so experience, service, etc. should be somewhat consistent.

I *DID* make it clear the prices were for DRC. Never mind.

Sorry you did not interpret my post correctly. 

My error in judgment for posting I guess, which I don't do very often.  I'll stick to opinions about dresses from here on out.

Rebecca,

Just wanted to add one thing - we also looked into this option of having guests stay at another location, then coming over to Dreams for the wedding...the policy at DRC (note I did not say DLC!) was approximately $100 for a 'day pass' - I think it was around $50 for half a day.  POINT IS:  be sure to ask what the cost of the day pass is if you plan on having your guests join you.  I think most all-inclusives would charge guests who are not staying at the resort, unless they have the 'armband' system.  Just wanted to mention it to you so you don't have any suprises!  Enjoy planning your wedding!!

MIndy

Originally Posted by rebecca_oc View Post

I'm glad I asked for advice! Thanks everyone!! We are gonna do Dreams, but look into a cheaper option for friends that can't afford it.  I figured those who stay there will have a blast and I'm so excited to start planning!!!!  I do think it's a good price for what you get, just more expensive than some of the other places I have stayed.  Yay Cabo!!

Thanks Mindy.  Ya after getting the information abt the expensive day passes we decided that we are going to go for a cheaper option so our friends don't all hate us.  Dreams sounds awesome, I just hate asking my friends to pay >$300 per couple per night.  Viva Cabo! :)

Originally Posted by mindylcarter View Post

Rebecca,

Just wanted to add one thing - we also looked into this option of having guests stay at another location, then coming over to Dreams for the wedding...the policy at DRC (note I did not say DLC!) was approximately $100 for a 'day pass' - I think it was around $50 for half a day.  POINT IS:  be sure to ask what the cost of the day pass is if you plan on having your guests join you.  I think most all-inclusives would charge guests who are not staying at the resort, unless they have the 'armband' system.  Just wanted to mention it to you so you don't have any suprises!  Enjoy planning your wedding!!

MIndy