RIU Negril v. Riu Tropical Bay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 selassie11

selassie11
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hi!

Does anyone know the difference between RIU Negril and RIU Tropical Bay? I just got back from Negril a couple of weeks ago but didn't check out these resorts. I remember RIU Negril being the one further from Negril proper, but other than that (and the price difference) is one truly "better" than the other? Just considering for accommodations, not for ceremony/reception.

Thanks!

#2 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
    • Site Supporter
    • 131 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

We stayed at the RPTB last June and loved it. We loved it enough that we are 99% sure that we are going to have our 2011 wedding there.

In my opinion, the TB is more upscale than the Negril. Our rooms were nice, beach was great and the food was good (especially the sushi and the steakhouse).

The RN has the night club, but we never needed to go to that property for anything. We did meet other couples that stayed at the RN and they said they preferred our resort to theirs.

I hope some of this info helps! Let us know what you decided.

#3 jenandmark

jenandmark
      • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Thanks so much for the info!  I was wondering the same thing about the 2 resorts...  :)

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie 

We stayed at the RPTB last June and loved it. We loved it enough that we are 99% sure that we are going to have our 2011 wedding there.

In my opinion, the TB is more upscale than the Negril. Our rooms were nice, beach was great and the food was good (especially the sushi and the steakhouse).

The RN has the night club, but we never needed to go to that property for anything. We did meet other couples that stayed at the RN and they said they preferred our resort to theirs.

I hope some of this info helps! Let us know what you decided.

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#4 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
        • 594 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Prettysparklie's right RT is much better. We did our site visit there earlier this month at both resorts, and we said if we were to get married in Negril, RT would definitely have been it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users