OOT Bags for a Large Wedding Group

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 natalie7

natalie7
  • Site Supporter
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

You think I should skip the LOGO though??? lol Would you use a bag again that says:

Natalie and Brian

7/16/2011

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic          

Also, does cheap totes to monogramming or do you have to get it dont somewhere else??? If so, how much??

Thanks for your help!!

Natalie

#22 Raazzy5711

Raazzy5711
    • 217 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Okay, I realize I originally posted about the different sizes but after all my states of denial I am going to have around 100+ guests.  Outside of luggage what other options are you all doing for bringing stuff down as your second checked bag?  I remember seeing a post where a BDW bride had large black bags but I can't find it to ask her where she got them from.  Since I can't convince people they should stay home any suggestions on what to do?

#23 natalie7

natalie7
      • Site Supporter
      • 298 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'm confused at your post Razzy,,,, What are u asking??? How you get stuff down there???

#24 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
        • Site Supporter
        • 171 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

Raazzy,

you could always ask you friends and or family to stash things in their bags.  That's what Im doing....people offered so I said yes!  I'm only having 60 people, I can only imagine carrying stuff for 100.     

Good luck,

Yolanda

#25 Ms.H

Ms.H
          • 169 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Great suggestion of mixing it up, too bad I didnt read this before buying a deck of cards for every bag

I love the idea of one bag per couple, and then a bag for each single person.  I was torn between one bag for each room or one bag per person...  but in some cases (where there are 2 guys sharing a room for example) it just didn't seem to make sense.  Great idea!

FutureMrsTO - one thing I'm doing that might work well for you is put slighly different items in each persons bag.  For example, maybe a frisbee in one bag, but a deck of cards in the next bag, and a beach ball in another bag.  Not every person needs a frisbee/deck of cards/etc since people will be playing with others.  This way you're still including a whole bunch of different items, but it wont be as expensive with all the bags you need to do!

#26 FutureMrsTO

FutureMrsTO
            • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Raazzy5711 

Okay, I realize I originally posted about the different sizes but after all my states of denial I am going to have around 100+ guests.  Outside of luggage what other options are you all doing for bringing stuff down as your second checked bag?  I remember seeing a post where a BDW bride had large black bags but I can't find it to ask her where she got them from.  Since I can't convince people they should stay home any suggestions on what to do?

Maybe your MOH, Mother, Sister-In-Law etc don't need the two checked bags?  So I would suggest asking them to check under their name. 

I put luggage on my registry (and got it!) so we were able to take everything in

4 large checked bags

two carry ons

1 garment bags for suits and 1 for my dress

=no charge. 

Now when i tell you everything I brought:

78 OOT bags (packed flat-survival kits & snack bags pre-assembled)

bag.jpg

20 candle holders & candles

10-6x8 table numbers in frames

table3.jpg

3-5x7 frames for place card table

champagne glasses in box

cake knives

cake topper

50 flat bamboo program fans

menu & place cards

you'll have no problem!!

btw BAGS ARE A HIT!! people really appreciated them!!!!

#27 lisa203

lisa203
              • 681 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Wow! There is hope for me afterall, haha. I just keep buying more and more stuff! Eight months to go I can only imagine how much more I'll accumulate by the time it comes time to pack! Hearing you got it all down there with no trouble makes me feel a million times better. Glad your OOT bags were a hit. Not surprised though...I remember your post about them and they were fab!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsTO 

Maybe your MOH, Mother, Sister-In-Law etc don't need the two checked bags?  So I would suggest asking them to check under their name. 

I put luggage on my registry (and got it!) so we were able to take everything in

4 large checked bags

two carry ons

1 garment bags for suits and 1 for my dress

=no charge. 

Now when i tell you everything I brought:

78 OOT bags (packed flat-survival kits & snack bags pre-assembled)

bag.jpg

20 candle holders & candles

10-6x8 table numbers in frames

table3.jpg

3-5x7 frames for place card table

champagne glasses in box

cake knives

cake topper

50 flat bamboo program fans

menu & place cards

you'll have no problem!!

btw BAGS ARE A HIT!! people really appreciated them!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users