Satin okay for beach wedding?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

I love it, its beautiful!!!

I think January would be one of the cooler months in mexico, obviously not like here in Mass, but not like July in mexico either. I say where whatever dress you feel beautiful in, you're going to be so happy and excited you're not going to care and like you said you only get to wear it once so I would wear it all night. I'm hoping to continue partying in the bar at the hotel after our reception only so that I can continue to wear my dress as long as possible, lol!

#12 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:45 AM

I think the dress is gorgeous...plus look how it pops in that picture! It will do that in all your wedding pictures. How beautiful.

I think you should have a backup reception dress should you find yourself too uncomfortable. I would hope you could make it through a 15-20 min ceremony looking gorgeous.
      Happily married since 2008

#13 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

That's a very pretty dress :) I think you'll be ok. January isn't the hottest month.... but that's just a guess on my part. Who knows it could turn out to be a very hot day... sorry I'm not much help

#14 foxytv

• VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

I think that dress is beautiful. I would wear it all day long ... but that's just me -- I want to feel special in my special dress all day. Tom is wearing his military dress blues, so I'm hoping he will change into khakis for the reception because he will sweat like a pig in that heavy material ... but it's up to him.
        If your FI wants to change, I say let him even if you don't. My dress has crinoline under and I'm going to get the full skirt/slip also, so I'll have a lot of stuff going on under my dress. :-)

Yours is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

#15 cessyboston

• VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by bre
          We live in Medford, just a couple of miles from downtown. it's super convenient since Pete is a chef in Back Bay and I work in town too.

What about you
          i am from malden..(rivalry lol) work in wakefield live in quincy....we are neighbors....
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#16 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:38 AM

That dress is gorgeous!!! If its the dress you love, I wouldn't worry about it... my dress is satin, but its a silk duchess satin, which is a little lighter than a lot of the satin dresses I tried on. Enjoy and congrats on finding a great dress!

#17 JulieG

• VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

I think your dress is gorgeous and I would not change it. You might be hot, but hell, we are all going to be hot. I know I will sweat my ass off in my dress, but I love it, so I don't care. I do not have something to change into, I don't care how hot I am, I am wearing it all night, and maybe even to bed. lol

#18 PaulaV

• VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Very pretty!

I am wearing satin in Feb in Mexico. It is supposed to be windy at the gazebo though.

I had it narrowed down to two dresses and I opted for the one without crinoline because I felt more comfortable in the other, but I don't think it would be a problem at all.

#19 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

Beautiful dress! I love it!

#20 bre

• 205 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

thanks ladies for the advice and the compliments. I'm feeling much better about the dress now! Maybe I'll be a little hot but we only get to do it once, right? Why not go with a dress I love? Okay, worries are put aside. Now on to everything else!
                    Bre & Pete
                    January 19, 2008
                    El Dorado Royale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users