Moon Dance Cost

So I've decided my dream destination wedding would take place on the beach at Moon Dance Villas.  Is there anyone out there who has gotten married there?  I'm not sure I can afford it, and wondering if anyone can tell me how much they ended up paying.  I know the wedding is complimentary, but there seems to be a lot of things to add on...  Did anyone have guests staying at the cliffs?

My other option is Sandals Whitehouse.  We love this option too, but I just have my heart set on Moon Dance.

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi wilsonj2,

I am getting married at Moon Dance Villas in April of 2011 and below is the information that I received from my wedding coordinator Oneika regarding all the wedding "add ons".

Ceremony Music

Recorded Music – Out door Stereo, All you have to do is to provide a cd or an ipod
Celloist - $300 per hr
Violinist - $300 per hr
Steel Band $250 per hr 

Flowers

Complimentary to you is a Bridal Bouquet & Boutonniere within the cost of $100.
You can visit our Florist website, www.floralfantasiesjamaica.com and chose the bouquet
Style that you like. The name of our Florist is Rose- Marie and she can be contacted at floralfan@hotmail.com .
Please feel free to send me your ideas too. She would be happy to replicate it.

Cake
1).Margaret Myrie has a lovely website with lots of cakes.
Click on the following link:
www.snapfish.com
 http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=264563267/a=15949624_15949624/
Password: power
You can email Margaret at gritty56@yahoo.com

2).
Noida Cooke
Another popular Baker is called Noida Cooke.  I have pictures of her cakes but she is still working on her websites.Picture #127 on the following website : http://www.scphotographyslideshows.com/Marc_Zuhairah/  is a cake done by her at my last wedding.

Arch & Aisle

You can refer to the florist website for Arches.
Below are links to a few websites and past weddings with Arches done by Moon Dance.
Moon Dance Arches cost $50
http://sungoldphoto.com/Leslie-Patrick/  picture #25
http://sungoldphoto.com/Candice-Melvin/  picture #32

Aisle Markers by Moon Dance

Short Bamboo Posts with Flower Toppers.
Cost; $50

Rental of Chairs

White Wooden Chairs  --- $3 per chair
Chivari Chairs --- $12.50 per chair
Metal Folded --- $ 2 per chair  ( Generally used with Chair Covers & / or Tie Backs

Rental of Tables

Round Table – $10 per table ( Seats a maximum of 8 Persons)
Rectangle Table $10 per table ( Seats a maximum of 6 persons)

Rental of Chair Covers

White Chair Covers - $ 3 per chair Cover

Rental of Tie Backs

Assorted colors - $3 per Tie Back

Fire Dancer $300 per Act for the Fire Dancer. African Drummers

Lighting Options

Moon Dance will provide tiki torches and spot lights. Other recommendations are as follows;
·         Luminaries for the pathways (will cost the exact costs for tee light candles)
·         Lighting Package ( refer to DJ – Sound Illusion, they offer lighting packages as well)

Photographers

Paula & Damian--- www.sungoldphoto.com
Stacey Clarke -- www.staceyclarkephotography.com  
Diana Campbell--  www.digitalmemoriescollection.com

Forrester Gayle--- www.fgphotosnegril.ning.com

Brian Nededley -  www.briandesign.com

Michael Saab - www.saabweddings.com
www.wpajamaica.com  ( Sungold Associates)

Videographer
Roxroy Gough – Email: rgdweddings@gmail.com

Stacey Clarke – www.dreamvideographer.com

DJ

We use a DJ by the name of Paul Dilworth with Sound Illusion. – Excellent service!
You can contact him by Email; soundillusionent@hotmail.com
You can visit his website (he is still working on it) www.weddingdjnegriljamaica.com
The rate that we have been using is $200 per hr. These prices are subjected to change.

Oneika has been so helpful and has gotten fantastic reviews on the forums so you really can't go wrong with the Villas.

Margaret Myrtie did my daughter's wedding cake DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL!  Actually, her cake was better looking than the example I had emailed to her.

The DJ- Sound Unlimited met with my daughter and me the day before the wedding and he did an outstanding job! He handled (along with assistance from Oneika) our special requests well.

Sungold was booked and we ended up using another photographer, Jamaica Wedding Photos, and he did an outstanding job.

But the best thing about MDV is the wedding coordinator, Oneika. She took care of everything, was always proactive, and went over and beyond. She even took 3 bags of luggage filled with things for the OTT bags and wedding supplies that I had with me,and put them together! Also, MDV has a program coordinator for your guests concerns and needs.

My FI are getting married on the Cliffs but your posts are so helpful...keep em coming :) Sounds like everything went really well for your daughters wedding!

Originally Posted by dmob View Post

Margaret Myrtie did my daughter's wedding cake DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL!  Actually, her cake was better looking than the example I had emailed to her.

The DJ- Sound Unlimited met with my daughter and me the day before the wedding and he did an outstanding job! He handled (along with assistance from Oneika) our special requests well.

Sungold was booked and we ended up using another photographer, Jamaica Wedding Photos, and he did an outstanding job.

But the best thing about MDV is the wedding coordinator, Oneika. She took care of everything, was always proactive, and went over and beyond. She even took 3 bags of luggage filled with things for the OTT bags and wedding supplies that I had with me,and put them together! Also, MDV has a program coordinator for your guests concerns and needs.

• 5 weeks later...

This post was very imformative. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Rie2010 View Post

Hi wilsonj2,

I am getting married at Moon Dance Villas in April of 2011 and below is the information that I received from my wedding coordinator Oneika regarding all the wedding "add ons".

Ceremony Music

Recorded Music – Out door Stereo, All you have to do is to provide a cd or an ipod
Celloist - $300 per hr
Violinist - $300 per hr
Steel Band $250 per hr 

Flowers

Complimentary to you is a Bridal Bouquet & Boutonniere within the cost of $100.
You can visit our Florist website, www.floralfantasiesjamaica.com and chose the bouquet
Style that you like. The name of our Florist is Rose- Marie and she can be contacted at floralfan@hotmail.com .
Please feel free to send me your ideas too. She would be happy to replicate it.

Cake
1).Margaret Myrie has a lovely website with lots of cakes.
Click on the following link:
www.snapfish.com
 http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=264563267/a=15949624_15949624/
Password: power
You can email Margaret at gritty56@yahoo.com

2).
Noida Cooke
Another popular Baker is called Noida Cooke.  I have pictures of her cakes but she is still working on her websites.Picture #127 on the following website : http://www.scphotographyslideshows.com/Marc_Zuhairah/  is a cake done by her at my last wedding.

Arch & Aisle

You can refer to the florist website for Arches.
Below are links to a few websites and past weddings with Arches done by Moon Dance.
Moon Dance Arches cost $50
http://sungoldphoto.com/Leslie-Patrick/  picture #25
http://sungoldphoto.com/Candice-Melvin/  picture #32

Aisle Markers by Moon Dance

Short Bamboo Posts with Flower Toppers.
Cost; $50

Rental of Chairs

White Wooden Chairs  --- $3 per chair
Chivari Chairs --- $12.50 per chair
Metal Folded --- $ 2 per chair  ( Generally used with Chair Covers & / or Tie Backs

Rental of Tables

Round Table – $10 per table ( Seats a maximum of 8 Persons)
Rectangle Table $10 per table ( Seats a maximum of 6 persons)

Rental of Chair Covers

White Chair Covers - $ 3 per chair Cover

Rental of Tie Backs

Assorted colors - $3 per Tie Back

Fire Dancer $300 per Act for the Fire Dancer. African Drummers

Lighting Options

Moon Dance will provide tiki torches and spot lights. Other recommendations are as follows;
·         Luminaries for the pathways (will cost the exact costs for tee light candles)
·         Lighting Package ( refer to DJ – Sound Illusion, they offer lighting packages as well)

Photographers

Paula & Damian--- www.sungoldphoto.com
Stacey Clarke -- www.staceyclarkephotography.com  
Diana Campbell--  www.digitalmemoriescollection.com

Forrester Gayle--- www.fgphotosnegril.ning.com

Brian Nededley -  www.briandesign.com

Michael Saab - www.saabweddings.com
www.wpajamaica.com  ( Sungold Associates)

Videographer
Roxroy Gough – Email: rgdweddings@gmail.com

Stacey Clarke – www.dreamvideographer.com

DJ

We use a DJ by the name of Paul Dilworth with Sound Illusion. – Excellent service!
You can contact him by Email; soundillusionent@hotmail.com
You can visit his website (he is still working on it) www.weddingdjnegriljamaica.com
The rate that we have been using is $200 per hr. These prices are subjected to change.

Oneika has been so helpful and has gotten fantastic reviews on the forums so you really can't go wrong with the Villas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dmob and wilsonj2 - I'm getting married at MDV in July 2011 and am having a TERRIBLE time communicating with Oneika. I responded to her initial email and haven't heard a thing since other than for her to resend me the Word document to fill out to get the marriage license going- and it's going on 15 days! Did you have similar experiences at first? It is really starting to concern me, especially since I've previously told Oneika that my FI and I would like to schedule a trip for this coming January to meet with her and potential vendors (flowers, cake, decor, music). I can't schedule anything without her confirming that she will be able to make arrangements for us to meet with vendors. Very frustrating. How did you two pick from the list of potential vendors? Any help/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by dmob View Post