Dreams Los Cabos Newbie

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Cherazi

• 196 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone. I think Fri-Mon weddings are OK, but what do you think of a midweek wedding? Is that OK? I feel like that is just too inconvenient for the guests.

Do Dreams Resorts hold weddings 7 days of the week?

Share your thoughts.

#22 SoniaS

• 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum!

My fiance and I are also getting married at Dreams Los Cabos!!!  Sooo exciting!  Yarai is also our WC.  We're booked for the end of January.  We have never been to Los Cabos, but have heard nothing but good reviews. 

A site visit is an excellent idea, and I think my fiance and I will be talking to our travel agent about doing one.  Not sure if we will be able to do one, so please do write a detailed review about your visit when you get back...it will be very helpful and much appreciated for brides like myself :)

Also, just wondering if anyone has information or advice about music for the reception.  I have heard of people bringing their i-pods...is this a good idea....what is best?

Anyways...hope you have a wonderful visit with your parent, and hope to hear all about it :)

#23 bediva33

• 118 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

#24 SassyCass

• 155 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Congrats and Welcome!  You're getting married on my FI's birthday!

#25 Cherazi

• 196 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

I have a date!!! May 13th, 2011.

#26 elisamarie

• 222 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#27 Future_Mrs._Warren

• 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Congrats and Good Luck!!!

#28 JenK

• 302 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Congrats! I am considering Los Cabos as well. It looks amazing there!

#29 jodimikey

• 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi Emmisa! I am getting married at Dreams just a few weeks after you, January 15th 2011.  We have never been to Dreams and I would love to hear your thoughts after your site visit?  I am also working with Yarai and I was wondering who you chose for a DJ (if you are having one)?  Also, what about your hair and make-up?  Any input would be great!

#30 emmisa

• 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

Dreams Los Cabos is amazing. Honestly, the service is better than any other resort I've ever been to (and I live in a resort city). Dreams is also much better than it looks in the pictures on the website. It just has a very casual, fun, and relaxing feel all at the same time. When we first walked through the room corridors, we were a little concerned that it looked like a motel. After 5 minutes, we realized that its an incredibly charming resort, and not at all motel-like.

I met with Yarai and David, and they were both excellent and so helpful (as well as incredibly busy, I don't know how they do it). They're willing to do anything to make sure that your wedding will be amazing. I also met with Lola from Florenta Flowers, and I met with 3 different photographers. Lola was incredible, she was our easiest vendor meeting.

I think we're having DJ Ricardo. I've e-mailed him, he seems very nice and he's gotten great reviews. His prices are also pretty reasonable, but I would book directly through him instead of through Dreams. I haven't sent him our deposit yet as my wedding is a bit last-minute and I just finished our room/wedding contracts as well as the invitations. I'm 99% sure we'll be using him though, so I need to send him a deposit ASAP!

For hair and make-up, I think I'll just stick with the Dreams salon services offered in our wedding package. I'm getting my hair done here the day before I leave, and I'm having my hairstylist style it the way I want to have it for the wedding, and then I'll take a thousand pictures to give to the salon. I think I'll do the same thing with my make-up, and just go to a makeup counter or makeup artist here in town and take a bunch of pictures after.

I have tons of pictures from our food tasting and from our stay at Dreams, and I'd be more than happy to PM you the link to those pictures. Also, feel free to ask any more questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users