Beaches Negril wedding coordinator no help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I am getting married June 18th 2011

And week ago I had a conversation with the WC in Miami and I must say that she was no help. I choose the beautiful beginning's package and would like to customize it, I mean i know that it is a resort and they have different packages that they offer but it is my day and i still want things a certain way, now according to some of threads that have been posted some people have changed things or upgraded how they pleased but when I asked her she kinda blew it off, and wanted to sell me the other packages. I also read on here that the IPOD dock is available, so i emailed her about it to find out how much they charge and she stated that it is not, and that i have the choice of a band or DJ. I really dont know why I am getting different answers. Any suggestions on what i should do 

I got that same sales push too.  I'm getting married at Sandals and am dealing with Amy the WC in Miami.  Initially she tried to sell me on the Vision in White package with the full 3 hr reception even though I told her that we didn't want any of that.  I finally just said I'd think about it and let the whole subject drop. 

I read about a photography promo package being offered to 2010 brides if booked by a certain date.  When I inquired about extending that promo to me, being that my wedding is only 2 days into 2011, I was swiftly denied without so much as an apology.

In sticking with the BB wedding, I asked about getting an arch/canopy/chuppa on the beach for the ceremony and was told it would cost $600 (for 15-20 minutes)!

Not huge deals in hindsight, but I was a bit perturbed at the time.  After reading a lot on this board and the Facebook page, I've learned it's a little challenging to customize the wedding packages due to the Martha Stewart trademark but Sandals is beginning to offer more options.  Since you still have 10+ months until your wedding, there's probably a good chance they will have even more options than what they have now.

Are you working with a TA?  It seems like sometimes they can and do get information prior to it being released to the public.  In fact, I think there is a flower catalog that won't be released on Sandals' website until September but some TA's who specialize in Sandals/Beaches Weddingmoons have already received it.  Or if you prefer to handle things yourself, you can just keep checking in with the WC in Miami.  Sooner or later she'll get the hint that you're not going to buy anything you don't want.  Also, the WC's probably prioritize the weddings that are coming up sooner rather than focusing on us who are still months away.  Not to say we're any less important but lots can change on their end in 6 months.

Good luck!  If you're anything like me, you just want to get the details squared away.  I've had to relax a bit over the past few months!!  cool.gif

Thanks Lea

I just emailed a TA that i have read  a lot of people on here talk about (Jennifer),  so hopefully things will turn out great as other brides have described,  and about us not being on top of the WC's list  ( or even the bottom), I put my deposit down back in April and received the email that she would be calling soon, i had to keep calling before i even got a chance to speak with anyone so there is no way I can continue planning like this.

Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 View Post

Are you working with a TA?  It seems like sometimes they can and do get information prior to it being released to the public.  In fact, I think there is a flower catalog that won't be released on Sandals' website until September but some TA's who specialize in Sandals/Beaches Weddingmoons have already received it.  Or if you prefer to handle things yourself, you can just keep checking in with the WC in Miami.  Sooner or later she'll get the hint that you're not going to buy anything you don't want.  Also, the WC's probably prioritize the weddings that are coming up sooner rather than focusing on us who are still months away.  Not to say we're any less important but lots can change on their end in 6 months.

You are correct about a good TA getting info first :)  I know my TA sent me the new floral catalog for Beaches T&C a few weeks ago and I don't even know if it's been released at all yet to the public. I love my TA :)

• 1 month later...

My family & I keep getting diff quotes .. from TA to website. ie. my sister is getting the same $ quote as I do for the whole wedding!  Hoping for early 2012 but, no one can give me a straight answer! I'm A type and need to plot things out meticulously.. I may change the resort all together

I hope your making out better now

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting married on Jue 29/11 at Beaches Negril and there is a forum called Beaches Negril Bride-Post here !!!  type that in and on that site there is invaluable information from brides to be from brides who have and I tell ya, read it from front to back and most of your questions will be answered.. I know a ton of mine were...

• 3 months later...

Ask if you can get a different WC?  I am working with Chloe and she is out of Montego Bay.  She is super helpful and very quick to respond when I email.  She has not been very pushy at all.  She of course if giving me the same over priced quotes I have been reading about on here and she also indicates that they have strict guidelines thanks to Martha Stewart but you can get around or tweak some things.  I go the same $600 quote for an arch on the beach - yeeshta!  $35 for orchid hair flowers, $74 for orchid bridesmaid bouquet, $55 make-up application, and just so you know their mailer states the steel drum BAND is $600 but I am getting a steel drum PLAYER for 1hr for $250 - worth it to me.  They do have a flower brochure - no prices of course but if anyone is interested you can PM me and I will email it to ya.  My WC sent it to my TA (who is fabuous!).  My WC also emailed me pics of the ceremony site options for Beaches in Negril.  Best of luck ladies.