Silly question, but...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

I think this is a great question. I also do not wear jelwery so I still take it off from time to time for most of the things the other posters mentioned. But I am trying to get better I am a musician I play lots of different insturments daily so I've been trying to get use to having it on. I guess over time it will get better. Its gonna be real weird when I have both rings on since I'm still not use to the one haha

#22 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

Like several of the other girls said, I take mine off when dealing with messy foods (meatloaf, etc.), and also swimming.  Your fingers will "shrink" in the water and I don't want to take the chance of them falling to the bottom of the ocean/lake/pool, whatever.

Also, if I'm going somewhere that it might be not be a good thing to have a big diamond on your finger (for safety concerns), I will take off the e-ring and just wear the band.

Other than those times, I pretty much never take them off.

#23 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

I take my ring off to work-out, work in the yard, sleep, shower, any cooking or cleaning where I'm using my hands a lot.  I stick it in my ring box and I keep it separate from all of my other jewelry. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#24 dania

• Site Supporter
        • 75 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

This is actually a good question.

My wonderful fiancé gave me a big beautiful but uncomfortable diamond ring;  so to wear everyday especially when doing things like cooking, cleaning, showering, even putting the grocery away could be a pain since I tend to bump it into things and it hurts my heart when it happen. I never take my college graduation ring off for fearing I may lose it one day and I don't have any problem doing things with it. Now I am wondering if once we get married am I just going to wear my wedding band and leave the engament ring for special occasions? I HOPE NOT.

#25 Kendall

• 234 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

I take mine off at bedtime and then I put it on before I walk out the door in the morning - so I leave it off to shower and put lotion on.  I also remove it if I'm making something like meatloaf (where I mix with my hands) and most of the time if I'm doing "hard-core" cleaning I take it off.  I always put it in the little crystal dish by my bed when I take it off, though - so I always remember where it is.  Oh, I also take it off when I garden.  I think you can always wear it -- but it's gonna get gunky and dirty faster. 

#26 sltrotter18

• 151 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

I hardly ever take mine off but that is more for the fact that it's hard to get over my knuckles.  I have gotten to the point now that I feel naked without it.  I do try to take it off when cleaning or cooking with my hands but other than that it stays on. 

#27 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

when i first got engaged, i'd take my ring off to get in the shower b/c i was scared i'd lose it while washing my hair, lol!! so not a silly question at all.  anyway, i never take my ring off anymore, except when i'm getting it cleaned at the jewelry store

#28 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

As soon as I get home and settled my ring comes off as does the rest of my jewelry. My fiance got me the cutest ring holder in the shape of a hand and it sits pretty on there until I'm ready to leave again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users